FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[16-06-2009] Max's Neon ROM Test (WM6.5 Build 21500)

73 posts
Thanks Meter: 21

By maximus007, Member on 13th February 2009, 04:30 AM
Thread Deleted Email Thread
Massive thanks to jerpelea (wouldn't have gotten anywhere close without him).

I'm back! This new version is based on the fantastic Insomnia NIKI Kitchen, using WM6.5 Build 21500 and OEM Iolite/mishmash. As I made this version for my personal use, it is FULL of applications - if you don't like applications installed from the start, don't download it!

Warning: This ROM is for testing only and has been prepared by a complete cooking noob (me). I cannot guarantee any results for you or your phone and this may end up screwing things up COMPLETELY . Install at your own risk.

Having said that, it works very well on my NEON200 (Touch Dual 850), much better than any other ROM I have tried and even better than the old 6.1 version.

Make sure you have installed the Neon Hardspl (thanks Olipro) before you even remotely consider installing this.

Known Issues:
- DEVICE ID Reports as NIKI100 (I am still trying to figure out the XIP stuff)
- The camera hardware button does not work
- The camera autofocus doesn't work properly (messed up the some of the files I copied I think) so it takes a few seconds to shoot.
- Hardware keyboard doesn't work properly. It thinks that it is a 16key version.

Anyway, give it a go if you are game and let me know how it goes. It is a hundred times more finger friendly than the WM6.1 ROMs (which is the whole point of the touch phones).

I only do this in my *very* spare time, so I'm sorry in advance if I don't update often. I can say that I am very happy with the ROM as it is (never use the keyboard or camera), so it may be quite while before I update.

Download the new WM6.5 ROM here.

Old version (WM6.1 Build 21109) can be downloaded here if you want it for some reason.
14th February 2009, 02:25 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Well done, looks nice. Everything works. Camera is good, text works, after calling t-mobile internet connects. Reception is fine, battery does not get hot. Although, instead of having a box with an x in the middle of it at far right corner, i have just an x. It takes a little more effort closing out of an application. Good job again.
14th February 2009, 02:42 AM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Melbourne

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajb303

Well done, looks nice. Everything works. Camera is good, text works, after calling t-mobile internet connects. Reception is fine, battery does not get hot. Although, instead of having a box with an x in the middle of it at far right corner, i have just an x. It takes a little more effort closing out of an application. Good job again.

Great stuff.

Are you having any other issues? Does the keyboard work 100%?
14th February 2009, 02:59 AM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus007

Great stuff.

Are you having any other issues? Does the keyboard work 100%?

I was just about to edit my post Keyboard does not work at any time. Also when recieving a voicemail, i tap and trys to connect. But says that phone call cannot be made at this time.
14th February 2009, 08:45 AM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Melbourne

More
I've had no issues with voicemail...

Have you tried installing the latest Ezinput from the first post? Do you have 20-key device?
14th February 2009, 09:27 AM |#6  

More
Perhapsthe Voicemailis something i need to set up with T-mobile.Yep, got the touch keyboard working with the install No keypad though.

Edit: Yes, camera button does not work.
15th February 2009, 03:13 AM |#7  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 42

Donate to Me
More
I'm gonna load it up now and give it a shot.
16th February 2009, 12:00 AM |#8  
Flag Chicago

Donate to Me
More
I can't find the SIP task in task manager to kill it before installing the .cab.

Also can't get online because it is configured for Telestra (I imagine I can fix that easily). The "Setup Connection" app in settings closes immediately. That is how I used to setup my internet/phone provider stuffs.

Edits.
Ok...oddly enough after I updated my internet settings the 'task manager' and a few other apps showed up. That allowed me to kill the SIP and load the keyboard.

Overall this ROM is fast! Very happy with it so far. Can't wait till it is finished.

PS - I can't use my hardware keyboard either. Even with the SIP update. On screen works perfect.
16th February 2009, 12:36 AM |#9  

More
I have NEON300 US version. If I decide to upgrade, can I reset back to factor default? Or is once upgrade, no turning back? I have Build 19209.1.0.2 version now on my phone.
16th February 2009, 01:08 AM |#10  
Flag Chicago

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafirst

I have NEON300 US version. If I decide to upgrade, can I reset back to factor default? Or is once upgrade, no turning back? I have Build 19209.1.0.2 version now on my phone.

I haven't found a packaged default ROM. You might wanna see if he releases one once he gets this build worked out. I would love to get a copy of your default rom before you upgrade it. I think I lost mine 2 laptops ago. Once you load the HardSPL you can go back, however you need the default ROM to do so. There isn't a backup / restore utility as far as I know.
16th February 2009, 03:01 AM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafirst

wait! haha, before you do can you dump your stock rom? That would be very useful
Subscribe to Thread

Tags
neon
Previous Thread Next Thread