[05-Mar-09] Welcome to the EzInput 2.0 Keyboard Suite project

What kind of layout would you prefer for VGA ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

DupinBJK

Sep 15, 2008
untill now, I was able to convert Landscape and Portrait images to qvga so still there are some files to be converted.

Part 1 is here : Link

BTW;

Resized Landscape images by 40%
Resized Portrait images by 50%

PQSym_Bg_Inv.png image/file is damaged so I left it.

So what % should I resize of other images/files. confusing:confused:

Edit: OK, I have redesigned the damaged file. I think its the good image at present, untill getting original one. I have also tested in Emulator and its working prefect. File is attached below.

Thanks and regards

Thanks a lot ! I'll take a look later today.
For the landscape reduction the percentage will have to be different, both for VGA and QVGA. At the moment, to ease the conversion issues that we might encounter, I'd lieave the navigation arrows at the rightmost part. So we should resize the landscape to a 320px width for QVGA and 640px for VGA...

If the resulting graphics will be too small, we'll have to consider arrows removal.

Last edited:
C

conflipper

still needs work, seems like some of the xml files are off or soemthing. not all of the keys work. you can press them. but nothing appears. who knows. we will have it soon i am sure.

jholton

Feb 6, 2007
VGA version - space not working

The Full Qwerty keyboard is too big for diamond screen,
so i got rid of the soft-arrows on the bottom, which are pointless coz diamond have hardware arrows.

Enjoy

I think this is the one that they mentioned the space not working in VGA version. I installed this one, and that is an issue with it.

Krzysiec

Aug 22, 2008
Rzeszów
Hmmm it`s difficult to say ;) But would be great if there will be choice of two: With and Without arrows. Anyway i preffer arrows ;) But most of VGA user preffer more space on display ;) Can`t wait for full working keyboard. ;)

DupinBJK

Sep 15, 2008
Hmmm it`s difficult to say ;) But would be great if there will be choice of two: With and Without arrows. Anyway i preffer arrows ;) But most of VGA user preffer more space on display ;) Can`t wait for full working keyboard. ;)

Keep the arrows, for sure!

Good. We'll try to see what can be fixed in this version, then, to enable the keys. I guess it will take a few months before an official VGA version will see the light. The next VGA devices seem to be scheduled for the fourth quarter...

DupinBJK

Sep 15, 2008
still needs work, seems like some of the xml files are off or soemthing. not all of the keys work. you can press them. but nothing appears. who knows. we will have it soon i am sure.

The library that it was missing from the B1 cab was the new SipMenu. I've added it along with its registry settings and now the SipMenu should be enabled with the new B1.1 cab, too.

However, this brings up a blocking issue, at least for Non-HTC phones and HTC QVGA phones that doesn't have a Touch.dll compatible with the new SipMenu (of the HTC ones, only the Elfin, Opal, Jade and Iolite have it): it won't be possible neither to change between the keypad and full qwerty, nor to change the language used. Bad news.

Could you take a snapshot of the new SipMenu ? Thanks !

I can also confirm that the Landscape layout seems a bit messed up.

C

conflipper

The library that it was missing from the B1 cab was the new SipMenu. I've added it along with its registry settings and now the SipMenu should be enabled with the new B1.1 cab, too.

However, this brings up a blocking issue, at least for Non-HTC phones and HTC QVGA phones that doesn't have a Touch.dll compatible with the new SipMenu (of the HTC ones, only the Elfin, Opal, Jade and Iolite have it): it won't be possible neither to change between the keypad and full qwerty, nor to change the language used. Bad news.

Could you take a snapshot of the new SipMenu ? Thanks !

I can also confirm that the Landscape layout seems a bit messed up.

right now there really is no new SIP, well i havent got it going. it is just a small list, like it use to be.

I just got the new manila to auto lauch on vga devices. So I am working on Contact Editor now.

I will try and grab screenshots later when I can though.

DupinBJK

Sep 15, 2008
Did you guys see this version yet from jmztaylor: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58596
few more pics here with some issues but also one big benefit - disabling T9 gives you old school completion (the old HTC keyboard only worked with every other letter for some reason when T9 was disabled): http://www.fuzemobility.com/?p=2212

hehe... :rolleyes:

you can find the same packages on xda, but with a different name on them ;)

Anyway, we're all getting files from the same source. And altough the .xml files seem to be ok, the landscape layout has several typing issues. I wonder why I cannot find issue reports for that packages too... :confused: