Thanks Meter: 1

By Adrocktt, Junior Member on 30th July 2007, 10:42 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
18th November 2009, 04:52 PM |#891  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 5,383

More
Guys, it looks like it's the profiles\datastorage folder that contains the bookmarks. I renamed it, and the bookmarks disappeared. Changed it back, and the bookmarks came back.

Namely, these files (I think) are involved:

\profile\datastorage\4\all.dat
\profile\datastorage\2\all.dat
\profile\datastorage\14\generic.dat
\profile\datastorage\15\all.dat

EDIT: For the speed dial links, you need to back up other files, like those under datastorage\6\IMG3.dat, FAV3.dat, 3.dat.
18th November 2009, 05:06 PM |#892  
Thanks Meter: 207

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by freco

Two more missing feautures.
It would be nice
a. to synchronize bookmarks with my.opera (like PC version)

I thought I saw notes somewhere saying that is missing from the beta (with the inference that it will be in the final). Same thing with Opera Mini 5 beta.
18th November 2009, 05:16 PM |#893  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by barty22

- No way to get some sort of a zoombar.
- Doesn't reformat the text when zooming in/out.

This is really annoying, I hope some sort of manual zooming is implemented in future releases.
18th November 2009, 05:59 PM |#894  
Flag Ottawa

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodeltje

This is really annoying, I hope some sort of manual zooming is implemented in future releases.

To me it's not a big issue. From using Opera Mini 4.2, I'm used to just 2 levels of zoom (Full screen overview and zoom).
18th November 2009, 06:25 PM |#895  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Zoom on Opera 7
OK maybe I missed the post, but is there any way to get 9.7 versions to use zoom wheel on the Touch Pro? I can get the software zoom bar icon but the hardware (the circle) doesn't do anything. I tried Dom's cab and still doesn't zoom. Is there a setting in Opera, or something else I need to do to get the TP hardware to work? If not I'll go back to 9.5 unless you all convince me that I can't live without some new thing in 9.7.
18th November 2009, 08:16 PM |#896  
XDA Portal Team / Retired Senior Moderator
Flag T r a v e l i n g Likes: HTC & XDA Dislikes: apples...
Thanks Meter: 3,257

More
Exclamation Opera Mobile 10 beta ready!!
See 1st post!!

Devices tested:
HTC Touch 2, HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhodium), HTC Touch Diamond 2, HTC Touch HD, HTC Pure, HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Viva, HTC Touch 3G, HTC Touch, HTC Tilt 2, HTC Touch Cruise, HTC Touch Cruise 2 (Iolite), HTC TyTn II, HTC TyTn, HTC Touch Pro (Raphael), Xda Zest.

And here in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4azCx...layer_embedded
---------------------------

How to make it the default browser on manila 2.1?

Lacks of support for rotation
But sure our great Devs here will manage to make it work!
18th November 2009, 08:34 PM |#897  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Also working great on Acer Neotouch
18th November 2009, 08:45 PM |#898  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
So far I am finding Opera mobile 10 less than stellar it pre-renders the page so that text columns are already the size they need to be when zoomed in. My first attempt at getting the tp2 zoom bar to work just ended in my moving the on screen mouse up and down. There is no g sensor support yet, but well just blame that on the beta state of the browser.
And it keeps pulling mobile web sites instead of the real ones for me. I even changed my useragent id to 2 and that is pretty much all i am willing to do to solve that problem. Opera mobile should be going to the full sites by default. that is why it is opera mobile and not opera mini

The Opera:config was alot easier to get around and change things for me though so i guess that is a positive. Also it does switch from portrait to landscape with the opening of my keyboard nicely and that is somthing opera mini chokes on.
18th November 2009, 09:19 PM |#899  
Flag Maringá, PR
Thanks Meter: 571

Donate to Me
More
As posted before, Opera 10 Beta indeed looks like Mini 5 Beta. But in my M900 it works a lot better than the latter.

A small bug I've found is that whenever I type in an internet address, the left softkey should act as "Go", but it actually doesn't do anything. I have to hit <Enter> in my hardware keyboard, in order to have the page loaded.

Big pluses for me, though: 1) after exiting Opera, I have more free RAM than before starting it, i.e. Opera actually acts as a memory wiper in my device; 2) it can be installed in the SD card without problems. I'm keeping it.

Cheers!
Carlos
18th November 2009, 09:55 PM |#900  
Flag Ottawa

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterface7

And it keeps pulling mobile web sites instead of the real ones for me. I even changed my useragent id to 2 and that is pretty much all i am willing to do to solve that problem. Opera mobile should be going to the full sites by default. that is why it is opera mobile and not opera mini

The Opera:config was alot easier to get around and change things for me though so i guess that is a positive. Also it does switch from portrait to landscape with the opening of my keyboard nicely and that is somthing opera mini chokes on.

Yeah, I changed my User Agent to 2 (and also 3) and it is still going to mobile versions of sites (e.g. http://engadgetmobile.com opens up their text-only mobile version).
18th November 2009, 10:15 PM |#901  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by orb3000

Lacks of support for rotation
But sure our great Devs here will manage to make it work!

G-Sensor rotation...

HKCU / Software / HTC / HTCSENSOR / GSensor / ModuleName

Add a string with name "Opera10" and stringvalue "\Program Files\Opera Mobile 10\Opera10-armv4i.exe"

and next...

HKCU / Software / HTC / HTCSENSOR / GSensor / WhiteList

Add a string with name "Opera10" and stringvalue "OM10-ML-MainWndClass"

Notice! The WhiteList stringvalue is case sensitive.

Soft reset and G-sensor rotation is enabled. Good luck.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread