FORUMS

Fuze Bezel Coming Off... I would peel it off but...

129 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By AskTheAdmiN, Senior Member on 26th February 2009, 09:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
So it appears that under the front bezel of the Fuze that has the ATT logo in the upper left hand corner can peel off. But there is a connector at the bottom of it...

Does anyone know what this does? Is it using the bezel as an antenna? My bezel is scratched and the screen underneath is fine. What can I do?
27th February 2009, 01:26 AM |#2  
Flag York

More
Can you upload a pic, my AT&T symbol is in the upper right hand corner
27th February 2009, 01:38 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Brooklyn, New York

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsoler702

Can you upload a pic, my AT&T symbol is in the upper right hand corner

You are right I meant the right. Now after fixing it back up the touch screen no longer works. Freaking weak.
27th February 2009, 06:10 AM |#4  
Flag Toronto

More
Can u upload some pictures please ?
27th February 2009, 03:21 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Brooklyn, New York

More
So be warned the bezel is actually part of the touch screen and opening it breaks the touch screen by releasing the air pocket between the bezel and the screen. It is going back to att.

I wish someone would have told ME that before I continued. Anyone know of a fix or do they have to replace the whole touch screen?
27th February 2009, 04:50 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
You mean the whole plastic piece on the front? Yeah that is called the digitizer and senses touch. The actual LCD itself can't sense touch.
27th February 2009, 11:22 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
dude.... picture(s)
28th February 2009, 03:38 AM |#8  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Olathe, Kansas
Thanks Meter: 648

Donate to Me
More
I'm sorry this may not be the nicest thing to say but I read this whole thread and all I can say is...

"WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING TRYING TO PEEL THINGS OFF WITHOUT READING FIRST!?!?!?!?!?"

You see this part that "appears" it can be peeled off. Yes, it can. You know why? BECAUSE IT'S GLUED ON!! You peeled off your digitizer and now your Touch Screen doesn't work?

Anybody want to take any guesses as to why it no longer works?

Sigh... I'm done. Rant over... I'm going to bed... I've had a long shitty day and sorry you had to be the victim but that's just life...
1st March 2009, 06:38 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Brooklyn, New York

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dharvey4651

I'm sorry this may not be the nicest thing to say but I read this whole thread and all I can say is...

"WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING TRYING TO PEEL THINGS OFF WITHOUT READING FIRST!?!?!?!?!?"

You see this part that "appears" it can be peeled off. Yes, it can. You know why? BECAUSE IT'S GLUED ON!! You peeled off your digitizer and now your Touch Screen doesn't work?

Anybody want to take any guesses as to why it no longer works?

Sigh... I'm done. Rant over... I'm going to bed... I've had a long shitty day and sorry you had to be the victim but that's just life...

Way to be a prick because you had a bad day! I was just trying to warn others not to do it. I was trying to take off the screen protector and as soon as the "digitizers' seal was broken the touch screen stopped working. I know that now.

Why wouldn't you want others to be warned?

Can anyone say A...S...S...H...O...L...E.??
1st March 2009, 06:51 PM |#10  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 1,216

Donate to Me
More
Be very careful about the way you approach AT&T about replacing it. Since you peeled it off, they may not repair it if it looks like you damaged it.

I would say you left it in your car's front seat over night while staying over at your gf's house, and in the morning you found it like that.

Then ask questions about if they have had many of these problems with these phones and if there is a way you can get a different phone...

... they'll probably won't give you a different phone, but probably give you a replacement.

If you tell them you peeled it off, they'll charge you full price for a replacement.
2nd March 2009, 12:33 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Brooklyn, New York

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by player911

Be very careful about the way you approach AT&T about replacing it. Since you peeled it off, they may not repair it if it looks like you damaged it.

I would say you left it in your car's front seat over night while staying over at your gf's house, and in the morning you found it like that.

Then ask questions about if they have had many of these problems with these phones and if there is a way you can get a different phone...

... they'll probably won't give you a different phone, but probably give you a replacement.

If you tell them you peeled it off, they'll charge you full price for a replacement.

of course i replaced it and called it into warranty support. the new one (refurb) is on its way. the old one flashed back and on its way to att.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)