Let me present to you my new skin:
What you need:
- Morphgear 188.8.131.52. you can get it from here : http://www.spicypixel.com/web/page/m.../Download.aspx
- Some Morphgear modules (each emulator has to be bought separately)
- Some Roms (google for them, no roms here).
- My skin
1) Extract the files in the zip and copy them directly into:
* uncheked "Disable Full Screen"
* checked "Use Virtual Pad"
3) In Morphgear's SNES (exemple) settings be sure to select:
*Skin: Name: WVGA MT Pad v0.2 by Dredd67
-If the skin doesn't appear is the skin list, removed all others skins that could have been placed there.
-If you start a rom and the Pad doesn't show, be sure to go full screen by pressing the center of the screen.
-I won't do the support specific to Morphgear, I assume you know how to use it or you are able to read the guides on Morphgear's website.
This skin provides fake multi-touch support (See the release notes for details). To got it to work you need to press simultaneously two virtual buttons. And you need to be quite precise even if I have tried my best to build this skin as finger-friendly as possible. So for best game experience here is what I suggest:
- Lay down your HD on flat surface (I put it on my pouch on my desktop), the device is easier to manipulate this way.
- Unprecise pressing is OK as long as you don't expect multi-touch.
- For multi-touch to work, you need to position your fingers properly, use your indexes or even better, the tip of your indexes.
- Some games use unusual combinations which are probably not mapped (see release notes). I can't map them because of the calculated multi-touch principle and the space I have to layout the buttons.
- This skin is mainly designed for SNES games. You will have to edit the .txt file to make it work properly with other modules.
- Don't press between the DPAD and the buttons, this is the place where the hidden buttons are. Expect some unexpected moves if pressing there
03.03.2009 : First version.
04.03.2009 : v0.2 : New layout for better multi-touch support.
Buttons that are mapped:
A, B, X, Y, N, S, E, W, NE, NW, SE, SW.
Combinations that are mapped:
A+N, A+E, A+S, A+W, B+N, B+E, B+S, B+W
Advised settings for Morphgear for best performance
- Driver: Auto
- Frame Rate statistics: Unchecked
- Disable Full screen: Unchecked
- Orientation: North
- Enable Sound: Unchecked
- Use Virtual Pad: Checked
- Screen Size: Autoscale
- Image smoothing: Unchecked
-Sound: Everything Unchecked
-Frame Skip: 2 (or 3 if the game really needs it)
-Auto Sync: Uncheked
With these settings you should get roughly between 55-60/60 fps
You may be interested in reading this thread:
This is where everything started, this skin is just a first result of our investigations. Now the principle should be generalized to any application if some devs want to give us a hand.
Just a mirror for those having trouble downloading: