Updates for G-Trigger (v0.9.0+ beta):
First is, you can shake your device to change wallpaper of Today/Manila/S2U2, second is, save a screenshot and third to show/hide SIP (As suggested by tevike)
I have lowered the threshold value up to 5 for front-back action as some people find it very hard to shake. Although lower value less than 10 does not work on my device. If you find hard to shake try setting threshold value for front-back lesser than 10 and uncheck option "Discard accidental shakes".
I have added priorities to profiles in this version. It is useful in combination with Auto-Trigger profile option. If you have one or more profile which satisfies auto-trigger option for current device state, then higher priority profile will be selected to trigger an action.
This version 0.9.0 beta seems to be pretty stable. Hope it works fine for all.
For updated features from v0.8.0 onwards look here.
G-Trigger website: http://g-trigger.kneps.com
G-Trigger v0.9.2 beta [10-Jul-2009]
By Krupal Desai
Video: See it in action...
G-Trigger is a G-Sensor based ^shake^ detector application. It allows to trigger a predefined action on shaking your mobile phone (built-in with G-Sensor) in particular direction. Currently it is in development phase, so please bare the bugs.
Supported shaking directions:
- Left to right
- Right to left
- Top to bottom
- Bottom to top
- Front & Back
- Front to back
- Back to front
It will trigger the specified action when phone is forcibly moved from left to right or moved as above mentioned directions. Also you can assign different actions with keeping device face up and shaking device in any of the above action or keeping device face down and shaking device in any of the above action.
Currently supported actions:
- Close/Minimize active window
- Dial a number
- Answer/Reject incoming call
- Launch Program
- Ringer Loud/Vibrate/Silent
- Screen orientation
- Send Keys*
- Task Switch
- Turn On/Off screen
- WiFi/Bluetooth/Phone radio - On/Off/Toggle
- Media Controls#
- Volume Control
- Simulate Power Button - Power Off/Power On/Long Press Power Button
- Open control panel settings
- Activate profile
- Save Screenshot (BMP/JPG/PNG/GIF at predefined location) *new
- Change Wallpaper (Today Screen, Manila Home & S2U2) *new
- Show/Hide/Toggle On-Screen Keyboard (SIP) *new
*Please refer to readme.txt for sending special keys.
#Currently supported media players are: Windows Media Player, S2P, Microfi Nitrogen, Core Player, TCPMP, Pocket Player, Pocket Music and Manila (TF3D) Music Tab.
G-TriggerService will be suspended till the program specified in exceptions list is active.
- OSD is displayed with some delay after event is occurred
- Sometimes shake actions are not triggered when device is busy processing
- Action Media Control "Stop" does not work for all players
- Media controls for "Pocket Player" works till it's window is active or minimized (not working when in notification mode)
- Display configured actions as OSD when device is lightly shaked
- Add more actions like "Navigate Manila Page", "Open Quick Launch" etc on shaking
It is developed for HTC Touch Diamond. I have not tested it on any other device. Let me know if you try it on other device.
NOTE: Although running this application does not seem to make any damage, I take no responsibility for any kind of damage caused to the device or data due to this application.
PS: Credits to Koushik Dutta for sharing G-Sensor managed code for Diamond. Many thanks to Ageye for sharing updated G-Sensor code for Samsung Omnia (here).
- Transfer .cab file to any location in device.
- Run the .cab file and install application to device storage.
- Run the “G-Trigger” shortcut from programs.
- Click “New” button on “Action” tab.
- Enable the check boxes for the actions you want to activate.
- Assign any action by clicking “…” button on the right side of action text box.
- Click “Save” button on edit profile page, again click “Save” button on main page.
- Click “Start” button to start the service.
- Shake your phone and enjoy!
How to shake the phone?
Hold the mobile phone facing yourself and perform following:
Left to Right:
Quickly move the phone from current position towards right hand side for about 6 inches (Increase speed during motion from slow to fast and suddenly stop at the end to feel the shock)
Top to Bottom:
Quickly move the phone from current position to downwards for about 6 inches (Increase speed during motion from slow to fast and suddenly stop at the end to feel the shock)
Front to Back:
Hold the phone facing yourself and near to you.
Quickly move the phone from current position to far away from you for about 6 inches (Increase speed during motion from slow to fast and suddenly stop at the end to feel the shock)
Back to Front:
Hold the phone facing yourself and little far from you.
Quickly move the phone from current position to nearer to you for about 6 inches from the last position (Increase speed during motion from slow to fast and suddenly stop at the end to feel the shock)
If you want G-Trigger to behave differently for different active program, it's now possible. For example, you want left to right for playing next track, right to left for playing previous track, only if Windows Media Player is active then create a new profile, assign left to right for next track, right to left for previous track and check "Auto Trigger" with program name as wmplayer.exe. Bingo!!! Its done.
How G-Trigger works:
G-TriggerService.exe application runs all the time and polls the G-Sensor to get current position of the device. It polls G-Sensor for about 10 times a second and observes the positions of the device. It keeps track of last 5 positions and scans all the 5 positions and checks if any shake is detected. If shake is detected it looks for action and triggers an action.
1. Does polling of G-Sensor all the time damages it?
-It does not seems to damage sensor by polling but I don’t take any responsibility in a case. Use it at your own risk!
2. Does G-TriggerService impacts my device’s battery power?
-Yes! It runs all the time as soon as your device is awake and it keeps on polling the G-Sensor, so it will consume some battery power. Although, I am running it all the time since I developed, I don’t see any legible battery consumption. Though you need to benchmark if you want to see exact battery consumption.
3.How much memory does G-TriggerService eats?
-G-TriggerService takes around 500KB when OSD is off and takes around 1MB if OSD is on.
HTC Touch Diamond (Not tested on any other device)
.Net Compact Framework v3.5
Supported devices as per user reviews:
- HTC Touch Diamond
- HTC Touch HD
- HTC Touch Pro
- Samsung Omnia (i900/i910)
Shake it at your own risk.
Bugs / Suggestions / Ideas are invited.
Email: [email protected]
I accept donation:
Click here to donate.
2 USD chizzy58
10 USD 1800PocketPC.com
5 USD Jiri Kucera
3 USD Marek Pilarcik
5 USD 1800PocketPC.com
2 USD Daniel Pingen
10 USD mikeck (Mike Kanel)
3.33 USD rev0l
5 USD Jaz (Jasen Nannini)
10 USD Selby Stephen
Thanks a lot
AppToDate download count: