FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] (Phone+GPS+Vista GPS+touch)Thaihugo's shift age of reason and age of beauty

618 posts
Thanks Meter: 10

By thaihugo, Senior Member on 19th March 2009, 04:28 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,

I'm still working on the different sound topics, but here are my newest roms.
I call them age of reason and age of beauty. This is a kind of trial for the second one...

The point is that we need a rom to really use the shift possibility. We need storage space, real gps useage, and of course maximum ram.

This is the age of reason rom. The lightest possible rom, where you can add a lot of programs, more if you use UPX compression.

You need to flash the radio from the phone+gps rom before using this one.

What does it have:

42 Mb storage and 22 Mb memory free
WORK on WINMOB SIDE
All standard Winmob application (ie, notes, media player, sms, phone, gps)
Task manager to soft reset, kill process, etc...
Clear temp (as requested)
USB tools
A homemade program to switch the speaker when on call. This program is for my development my roms only, and it work as a service, so it cannot be killed by the OS.
There is a managment program to remove the service if needed.

WORK WITH VISTA
storage:
A network browser to access the vista HDD
GPS:
An automatic GPS redirection to the PC side
This program is GPS2Blue, and it is preconfigured. You just have to launch the shortcut in HTC debug tools, and setup vista to get communication.
GPS works on both side, so you can use it on Windows mobile too of course
A few words on this last program.

GPS2Blue is a program made by Paludour. You can check his website here:
http://www.paludour.net
He allowed me to add this program to my roms, as you must normally download the cab from his site. This way, I could put it preconfigured on our devices. Many thanks to him for that.
When you are connected with usbtools to vista, click on this gps2blue icon, and you can receve the gps on vista if you follow this guideline:

http://www.paludour.net/GPS2BlueFAQ.html#USB

Just click on the gps2blue icon when you have to do the PDA side of this tutorial, the rest is aleady done.

The link for this rom is here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/jjjm0ydmmz5/Light.rar
MD5: 4c31ba01b109e22cd77bc3da53220672
Mirror:http://www.filesavr.com/light_1

Now for the other rom, the age of beauty:

This rom is the same, with one little twist: there is pointUI pre-installed.
This is a test, as I don't know if this is a good way instead of installing it afterward. Anyway, you are good for some eyecandy.

You have to pay for this: you have only 37 Mb of sorage, and 9 (yes, nine) megs of free memory after reset. But the good news is that you can disable it, and still be using the rom. So you can choose when you want eye candy, and when you want to be serious. If it is requested, I might update this one.

The link for this one is:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/3zmtnyi2mjh/Full.rar
MD5:fe2a2d6592339c29c994e4a2e6638d1e

Enjoy and report here if you like it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen01.png
Views:	4437
Size:	166.6 KB
ID:	167970  
The Following User Says Thank You to thaihugo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thaihugo Ad-Free

19th March 2009, 04:45 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
How to connect to vista side:

first, know the name of your shift. If you didn't change it it is SHIFT, otherwise type hostname in a command line in vista side.
then type services.msc and make sure the server service is started and set up to automatic if you want it to start every boot

Now type \\shift in your start menu. A windows must open, and you should see thinks, like Users,and printers. If not, don't worry, you can still go on. For more advanced users, it can be a good time to set up a share.

Now go on Snapvue side, and go to settings-connections-network plugin. First click on the "enable network folder" and wait for the reset.

Now, when reset is done, start usbtools to activate activesync. On vista side, make sure you are connected ( set up a partnership, or just click on connect whitout partneship. In this case, you will have to do it each time.)

Go back on Snapvue, and in network plugin click on New...
In remote path, enter \\shift\users if shift is your computername, and if you saw Users in the window on the second step.
Otherwise, you can enter \\shift\c$ to access the whole drive.
Click on map drive. Enter your username and your password (the one you use to login in vista)
Now, you can browse the pc using the network folder. You can add music to media player, browse pictures, wmv video...

You can even install some progs on vista side, but I don't recommend it. You might use it also as a data storage for SPB insight (my little baby) for example
The Following User Says Thank You to thaihugo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thaihugo Ad-Free
19th March 2009, 06:15 PM |#3  
Flag Chesterfield, MO
Thanks Meter: 0

More
thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaihugo

----RESERVED------------

PointUI 2 is good, but I liked PointUI1.5 better. If they could let us choose the search provider that would be awesome.
--Rama--
19th March 2009, 07:26 PM |#4  
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Thanks ThaiHugo !

Flashing the rom at this very moment. PointUI

Has this ROM a higher mic gain setting as the default, i.e. is the microphone
issue solved (low sound recording volume) ?

Will report in this post later on.
----
The ROM looks and feels supersweet. However, if you work with it
for some time it get's laggy. No harm, we all understand it's a test.

Will play with the GPS2Blue thing to get that fixed too.
19th March 2009, 08:08 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid

Thanks ThaiHugo !

Flashing the rom at this very moment. PointUI

Has this ROM a higher mic gain setting as the default, i.e. is the microphone
issue solved (low sound recording volume) ?

Will report in this post later on.

No, but I think this is going to be solved without flashing a new rom
19th March 2009, 11:40 PM |#6  
Moon
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thanks ThaiHugo.

I preferred "age of beauty". How works the network browser to access the vista HDD? I am not able. If you can help me please.
20th March 2009, 05:45 PM |#7  
Flag Helsinki, Finland
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Thanks Thaihugo, this rom is really good and a lot of free memory and storage for programs. Only problem is that when I have Vista side open gps isn't working for me. Well it is working (satellite used about 4-10) but Satellite Fixed stays 0. When I turn off vista side Satellite Fixed is after a few seconds 5-7.. I have Windows 7 build 7000 installed on vista side and Light version on snapvue side
20th March 2009, 10:57 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaWe

Thanks Thaihugo, this rom is really good and a lot of free memory and storage for programs. Only problem is that when I have Vista side open gps isn't working for me. Well it is working (satellite used about 4-10) but Satellite Fixed stays 0. When I turn off vista side Satellite Fixed is after a few seconds 5-7.. I have Windows 7 build 7000 installed on vista side and Light version on snapvue side

I have the same problem, but I've had this with other roms too
20th March 2009, 11:13 PM |#9  
Flag Kent

More
Thanks for this... I do not have Auto Connection
It does not seem this new beatiful ROM has auto connection, not been able to connect WM 3g or am I missing something? Thanks
21st March 2009, 10:00 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by feyisetan

It does not seem this new beatiful ROM has auto connection, not been able to connect WM 3g or am I missing something? Thanks

I removed automatic connection setup to save space. You need to setup your connection by yourself in settings-connections. Once done, it will connect automaticaly. Most providers can sen you a sms from their web site with connection settings.

I'm not sure you want to lose 3 megs of storage for this one time operation, do you?
21st March 2009, 12:24 PM |#11  
Flag Dubai, UAE
Thanks Meter: 136

More
Downloading the ROM

Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)