12 button HD action screen

Search This thread

howeyeo

Jul 25, 2008
Hi Everybody, this is my very first post and minor work for the HD. All advice/suggestions are welcome!

I have change and amend the graphic and layout of the action screen from ammar_12_button_HD_action_screen.

Basically, I don't have much knowledge on how action screen are being done, all I did was just design the layout and replace it with the original plus amend some value in the registry.

Thanks

ScreenShot1.jpg
ScreenShot2.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/?uh8tngwaj2n

howeyeo

Jul 25, 2008
By the way, do any of you guys can advice on how to link the manila V3 Contacts and Alarm's tab? Thanks

peterkling

Jul 13, 2007
I like that -

missed a way to toggle WiFi faster than opening Config-Maila-Tab and open connections.

(most other known programs don't work with the Touch HD - "WiFi not found")

howeyeo

Jul 25, 2008
i might be wrong but maybe this'll help you...

Help with Link to "All people" page of manila V2 (thanks to Elim)

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=3509952&postcount=8

what do i have to edit to change the GPD to igo8?

Thanks, will try it out.

Use any registry explorer and go to:

HKLM\\Software\HTC\Biotouch\ActionScreen\
APP_0 for Email
APP_1 for SMS
APP_2 for FM Radio
APP_3 for Alarm
APP_4 for Task
APP_5 for Note
APP_6 for Contacts
APP_7 for Wifi
APP_8 for Bluetooth
APP_9 for Camera
APP_10 for GPS
APP_11 for Shutdown

Choose APP_10 and edit the path for your igo8 location or anything u want to replace.

Last edited:

Zouluynes

Jan 19, 2009
Aix les Bains
Hi howeyeo,
I have modified App3 path to \Windows\Clock.exe (instead of G-Alarms) so that it runs on my HD.
However, this icon and App is not very usefull. We can tab on TF3D Home clock to do the same. Is it possible to replace by Calendar?
Thanks and congratulations for your nice job.

mkent_barbados

Jan 17, 2006
Really nice looking...

...is it possible to edit to have fewer buttons? I would want just Camera, GPS, Alarm, WiFi, Bluetooth, Task, Note, and Radio (access the others on my home screen so kinda duplicated)?

And how to move the buttons around, change their order?

Thanks for any advice...

Last edited:

Zouluynes

Jan 19, 2009
Aix les Bains
Hi !
The way to change is not so difficult, AFTER installation,
1°) Download on your pc the programm : BrnConvert.exe (from the web),
2°) Copy to your pc the file : AS_Bkgd_1.brn from : Windows\ActionScreen,
3°) On your pc, run BrnConvert.exe. It open a new window where you drag the file AS_Bkgd_1.brn. After conversion you obtain a new file : AS_Bkgd_1.bmp
4°) You edit the .bmp file with photoshop ...
5°) By the same way go convert your edited .bmp file to .brn file and copy back to your pc
The problem is how to make so pretty icons as the model ... you need to be sharp with photoshop. I've tried to make a calendar ... I give up
Have a good work ...

mkent_barbados

Jan 17, 2006
Thanks for this. Ok, this edits the images and so I can delete those I don't want to use (and I get your point about making new ones but I just want to rearrange and remove so I should be ok)...but how do I then map the correct command to the correct button (which I guess would have to be defined by pixel location)?

But I am experimenting with Chome editor and can add a programs page now for most things I want to run, biggest help would be command line for switching WiFi on/off...does this exist?

sualc

Apr 29, 2008
Hi,
these icons are very cool! I love them so much I made a little [MOD] to fit my config, here's the changelog:
-Translated labels to italian (thanx puorro for MS Paint patient work:cool:)
-Redirected Alarm button to Klaxon Alarm in storage card
-Redirected GPS button to QuickGps
-Immediate Soft Reset (no confirmation asked)

Thank you howeyeo for your original (at least the icons:D) ActionScreen, are there any additional buttons we could use to better customize it? For example I would like a better symbol for Softreset(riavvio), the one I got means switch off:(.I'd love a RSS icon too:rolleyes: Would be great if they were available.
Cheers

Attachments

• ScreenShot1.jpg
    ScreenShot1.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 504
Last edited: