WM Version - Different SPL's perform better depending if you are running WM6.0 or WM6.1. If you are using a WM6.0 ROM, you should be using a WM6.0 Hard SPL (v1 is recommended). If you are using WM6.1 any 3.* SPL is recommended.
Hard SPL Version - Most WM6.1 ROM's are based of a 3.* release by HTC / ATT. The 3.* Hard SPL version should match this the best it can.
MFG - Manufacturing. This SPL supports more commands (such as rtask a)
jockyw2001 - Any Hard SPL made by jockyw2001 (WM6.1 versions)
cmonex - Any Hard SPL made by cmonex.
DaveShaw - Any bootloader patched by me. Will be the same as cmonex's because I copied her changes from previous versions - all credit to her .
Force USB - These SPL's have a fix to force the USB to work if it is not working for some reason.
nostuckinSPL - These SPL's have a fix to prevent you getting stuck at the bootloader as often.
Windows Mobile 6
-Hard SPL V1 (1.00.OliPof) [MFG] by pof / Olipro - Download and Instructions in the linked thread.
-Hard SPL V1.1 (1.1.JockyW) [MFG] by jockyw2001 - Download and Instructions in the linked thread.
-Hard SPL V1 nostuckinSPL Force USB [MFG] by cmonex - download only.
Windows Mobile 6.1 - All links are to the downloads, instructions to follow.
3.07 Hard SPL / Force USB
3.28 Hard SPL / Force USB
3.29 Hard SPL / Force USB
3.56 Hard SPL / Force USB
3.29 Hard SPL nostuckinSPL / Force USB
3.31 Hard SPL nostuckinSPL Force USB
3.56 Hard SPL nostuckinSPL / Force USB
3.34 Hard SPL nostuckinSPL Force USB
If this is your first time flashing an SPL, take some time to read up on the other stickies (mskip's in particular) and wiki pages, this is more of a reference thread.
How to Install A Hard SPL:
- Plug the device into your PC
- Copy JumpSPL (either 1.56, 1.93 or 1.94) to your device.
- Take out your SD card & SIM Card.
- Run Jump SPL on your device
- Wait for the bootloader screen to appear and "USB" to show.
- Right-click activesync, go into connection settings and ensure Allow USB Connections is unchecked
- Unplug your device from the USB port, wait 5 - 20 seconds, plug it back in.
- Run KaiserCustomRUU.exe and flash the SPL
If you have problems with the above process, try this:
- Download the attached files from the first instructions
- Pull out the battery and reinsert it (this step *is* important)
- Connect your PC to phone with a USB cable
- REMOVE SIM and SD CARDS !!
- Copy JumpSPL1.56-KAIS.exe to your device and run it (make sure the USB cable is still connected). If you still get a white screen then reset your device and now try JumpSPL1.93-KAIS.exe and if you still get a white screen then reset your device and now try JumpSPL1.94-KAIS.exe
- After a few seconds "USB" appears on the phone display
- Unplug and replug the usb cable
- Deselect "Allow USB connections" in Activesync connection settings
- Now flash hardSPL (run KaiserCustomRUU.exe on your PC)
With the JumpSPL you should *not* flash radio roms, OS roms or full roms. The JumpSPL is only needed to flash a HardSPL (or SPL)
Upgrading SPL via SD Guide - Only works if you already have Hard SPL.
- Make sure your microSD is Formatted to fat32 (you dont have to delete all files but it is safer if you do)
- Download the SPL you want to flash from the links above.
- Rename the NBH file you downloaded to KAISIMG.nbh.
- Download KAISDIAG.nbh from here.
- Insert the microSD Card into the phone
- Hold in the Power and Camera buttons, then press the reset button with the stylus for about 3 seconds until the BootLoader screen appears
- It should say Loading / Update in progress and then to a screen saying SPL 1.00.OliNex
- It should now say Press Power Button to flash or just flash the KAISIMG.NBH and then reset
- At this point it should boot to the OS, if it doesn't then flash an OS (delete the previous KAISDIAG.NBH and KAISIMG.NBH from the SD Card and use Flashing Rom from MicroSD Card method)
- After the Operating System loads, DELETE the KAISDIAG.NBH and KAISIMG.NBH files
FOR ANYONE WITH QUESTIONS ABOUT WHAT THIS IS FOR, WHY YOU WOULD NEED IT, OR HOW TO PERFORM SPL PROCEDURES: Read This Wiki page
FAQ (Not 100% applicable to this but a good source).
Thanks (in order of appearance)