I've found out a ROM cooked by elMInStER (in English)
I've tried and is almost 100% good. Yep, there's some bugs, but not something too painfull (for me).
Any way, here comes the links:
Link for LITE version (I didn't tested)
Link for full version with M2D(Tested and Running!)
elMInStER wrote that he hasn't a Mio A501 and he's focusing himself on cooking A701 ROM's but, I really hope that the XDA family can now start developping this great peace of work that he done.
One huge small step was made!!
The list of the buggs detected on the ROM:
- I confirm the doubled shortcuts to eUtility and Office/MobileOffice and the SimManager remained in Polish language
- wrong Camera.lnk shortcut (should point to the CCam.exe program instead)
- problems with mapping of the functional buttons:
- in WM5 I had 4 items to set, now there are 3 only
- I can remap no.1 & 2 to some stuff, but not the no.3
- I miss the possibility (from the WM5 ROM) to set automatic keylocking when I suspend the device (pushing the power button) ->Installing slide2unlock solved.
Do this at your own risk! I take no reponsibility if you damage or brick your A501!
You need Windows XP for this!!! as it does not work with vista!
1. Download the File and unzip it.
2. Check that your A501 is not connected to your PC.
3. Disable USB option in Active Sync by right clicking on tray icon, Choosing <Connection Settings> and then Unmarking <Allow USB connections> (remember to enable this after finishing the guide).
4.Open the file ChiSync33.
5. Enter in the bootloader menu by pressing and holding VolumeUP button + NavigationDown button and then pressing and holding RESET button for 4 seconds and releasing the reset button and when the menu appears then the other pressed buttons.
6. Connect your A501 to the PC through USB and wait until the A501 image on top of the Window on your PC appears without the red circle and then press the first update button that you see from top to bottm.
7. The upload begins and then after it is finished the A501 will restart....It will take some time to restart, you will have to go through the initial setup (calibrate the screen, set the time and date.. etc) and after another automatic restart you will see a menu where you can choose from some languages coose your language and then there will be another automatic restart. and thats it!!
As a big fan of elMInStER work, I've seen that he's cooking WM6.5 for A701 and it would be great to see the same happening for the A501.
elMInStER, since you are the only guy in the world (not chinese) that make us taste this wonderfull sweet home made cooking ROM's, please, but please, cook this one for me.
P.S.: I'm living in Krakow and people from Microsoft (in Krakow Business Park - HCL - KBP100) are amazed with you. We need more people like you, we should meet!