FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Mio A501 WM6.1 WWE ROM cooked by elMInStER

277 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By ricardomega, Senior Member on 1st April 2009, 12:32 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi ppl,

I've found out a ROM cooked by elMInStER (in English)
I've tried and is almost 100% good. Yep, there's some bugs, but not something too painfull (for me).
Any way, here comes the links:
Link for LITE version (I didn't tested)
and..
Link for full version with M2D(Tested and Running!)
elMInStER wrote that he hasn't a Mio A501 and he's focusing himself on cooking A701 ROM's but, I really hope that the XDA family can now start developping this great peace of work that he done.
One huge small step was made!!

The list of the buggs detected on the ROM:
- I confirm the doubled shortcuts to eUtility and Office/MobileOffice and the SimManager remained in Polish language
- wrong Camera.lnk shortcut (should point to the CCam.exe program instead)
- problems with mapping of the functional buttons:
- in WM5 I had 4 items to set, now there are 3 only
- I can remap no.1 & 2 to some stuff, but not the no.3
- I miss the possibility (from the WM5 ROM) to set automatic keylocking when I suspend the device (pushing the power button) ->Installing slide2unlock solved.

Do this at your own risk! I take no reponsibility if you damage or brick your A501!

You need Windows XP for this!!! as it does not work with vista!

1. Download the File and unzip it.
2. Check that your A501 is not connected to your PC.
3. Disable USB option in Active Sync by right clicking on tray icon, Choosing <Connection Settings> and then Unmarking <Allow USB connections> (remember to enable this after finishing the guide).
4.Open the file ChiSync33.
5. Enter in the bootloader menu by pressing and holding VolumeUP button + NavigationDown button and then pressing and holding RESET button for 4 seconds and releasing the reset button and when the menu appears then the other pressed buttons.
6. Connect your A501 to the PC through USB and wait until the A501 image on top of the Window on your PC appears without the red circle and then press the first update button that you see from top to bottm.
7. The upload begins and then after it is finished the A501 will restart....It will take some time to restart, you will have to go through the initial setup (calibrate the screen, set the time and date.. etc) and after another automatic restart you will see a menu where you can choose from some languages coose your language and then there will be another automatic restart. and thats it!!

As a big fan of elMInStER work, I've seen that he's cooking WM6.5 for A701 and it would be great to see the same happening for the A501.
elMInStER, since you are the only guy in the world (not chinese) that make us taste this wonderfull sweet home made cooking ROM's, please, but please, cook this one for me.

P.S.: I'm living in Krakow and people from Microsoft (in Krakow Business Park - HCL - KBP100) are amazed with you. We need more people like you, we should meet!
Attached Files
File Type: zip ChiSync.zip - [Click for QR Code] (256.0 KB, 1672 views)

3rd April 2009, 07:25 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Krakow (Poland)

More
Arrow Mio A501 WM6.5 ROM cooked by elMInStER
Hi XDA visitors,

I was talking with elMInStER yesterday and he said that when he'll have a time he'll prepare a lovely meal for the A501!!!
Yes.. I mean a fresh, brand new WM6.5 ROM for the A501!!! aaaa, I'm already in dreamland SO GOOD!
I tried to ckeck the scoter kitchen tools and I don't have a clue how to do anything there. :
Well, now what we can do is wait.

To elMInStER, THANKS ONE MORE TIME! YOU ARE KEEPING THE A501 ALIVE!!
29th April 2009, 09:56 AM |#3  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Thumbs up
Thanks man!
1st May 2009, 10:04 AM |#4  

More
thanks. I tested the lite version as I need more space and memory for Pointui and it works fine.
25th May 2009, 06:42 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
thanks a lot! works great!!
26th May 2009, 11:41 AM |#6  

More
I also would like to add that my mio a501 works faster than ever with the full wm6.1 rom. The official service in my country did an upgrade to the device or wm5 and it was almost porked. Now it is working satisfactory again! Many thanks to you guys for posting and to elminster for his excellent work!!!
3rd June 2009, 08:08 AM |#7  

More
works great, thanks a lot! only bad thing i have noticed is that it seems igo8 is hanging a little more
30th June 2009, 03:01 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
hi ricardomega
any word from elminster?
any development for a501 wm6.5 ? help us.... thenks guys
8th July 2009, 06:44 PM |#9  

More
Question still hoping,,,
please... hoping for news to the a501
9th July 2009, 10:46 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 211

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anbey

please... hoping for news to the a501

Me, too! I'm still waiting for the WM6.5...
5th August 2009, 08:34 PM |#11  

More
help upgrade...
anyone who can help with developin new wm6.5 to a501??????
elminster????? were are you... someone can make contact...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
elminster, mio a501, rom, wm6.1, wwe

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)