FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][v2009.04.09.2] Illumineria - Xperia Illumination Pattern Modifier

438 posts
Thanks Meter: 8

By brins0, Senior Member on 5th April 2009, 12:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

A program for modifying the illumination patterns on the Sony Ericsson X1.

Screenshots: No screenshots are available at this time...

Features:
» Has a list of available events pulled directly from the registry, which you simply tap on.
» Has a pattern editor which you can use to view existing patterns as well as make your own*
» Can unlock hidden/disabled events.
» Can restore default settings.

* This is still experimental, but should be hard to break your device with, just restore defaults if you mess up

More information and downloads: http://illumineria.brins0.net/

Additional:
» I would like some constructive criticism to help me improve Illumineria where possible.
» It would be nice if people could upload their custom patterns for others to see. If it's popular, i'll make a page on the site to store people's custom patterns.

If you really like this program, and want to buy me a coffee, you can do so here

Thanks to:
» Redferne for his work on the binary dechiphering, the pattern editor wouldn't have been possible without his suggestions!

5th April 2009, 01:50 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ashton-Under-Lyne

Donate to Me
More
Lightbulb
Just a quick update,

I've started delving deeper into the registry, and i've discovered alot of "hidden" events which for some reason have been disabled. These include illumination when the keyboard is opened and closed, as well as when you bring the device out of standby. It also seems you can make the lights illuminate for communications (WLAM/DATA activity).

I have also tried directly changing the values in the registry, ie, copying the values from the "Panel Selected" event into the "Keyboard Open" event, and it works perfectly, although it does seem to require a reboot for the changes to take effect, so I don't know how my idea for the event preview will work.
5th April 2009, 01:55 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
oh, im da first to post? i would like to have ur own custom pattern that u feel da best..

personally when incoming call, i juz want to make it blue led blinking...

n normal status oso i wan it to blink all da times.. i got lots of battery..haha..

besides, able to export settings or save settings, caz we flash rom time to time..

n oso, finger friendly interface of ur software..thx ya.. wish u good luck..
5th April 2009, 02:07 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
have a look at Xperiatweak, might give you some ideas. you can change the illumination settings with that. but its not completely customisable, you can only swap the illuminations around. if you can make it so that we can make up our own patterns and colours then i think that would be great.
5th April 2009, 03:51 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ashton-Under-Lyne

Donate to Me
More
Just a little update before I go out for the evening...

I've been searching through the entries in the registry to try and dechipher what the different sections of the binary represent. I've made a little progress and i've got a friend helping me whilst i'm gone.

If anyone is any good at dechiphering patterns in hex, then i'd really appreciate your help in working out what each little section means. If I can crack this, then my program (Which i've decided to call Illumineria ) can be made to allow you to design your own patterns, and assign them to any event.

If I can't crack the code, then i'll only be able to make an application that lets you assign presets to events.

In the attatchment, i've listed all of the events that are stored in the registry (after removing the duplicates), and listed what each event seems to do in very simple terms.

I look forwards to seeing if anyone can assist me, thanks in advance
Attached Files
File Type: zip Calculations.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.4 KB, 413 views)
5th April 2009, 04:50 PM |#6  
Flag NEW YORK
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I wish to have an Illumination that includes all different colors ( just like the Illumination for turning on the phone and changing panels ) when I get incoming call. That will be very cool for me.
By the way, that will be also cool if the Illumination lights keep turning on and changing color when we play music. Appreciate for your contribution and I wish u good luck
5th April 2009, 07:54 PM |#7  
Flag Kristinehamn

More
You should make a program that flashes the lights with the same BPS as the music you are listening to
5th April 2009, 09:54 PM |#8  
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Post Ideas...
Well where to begin....

Here are a few suggestions on how the app could be very simple and user friendly,

1. There should be a list of every colour available for the led's.
2. A list of led locations, (Top Left &/or Right, Bottom Left &/or Right,All, etc).
3. A list of events to choose from.
4. Then a list of styles, (Flash Fast/ Slow, Fade, Rainbow Fade (all colours fading into each other like a rainbow)).

Then all you would simply do is select a colour (#1), then a location (#2), then an event (#3) and finally a style (#4)

1,2,3,4, ab-ra-ca-da-bra and your done

Examples/ Combonations:

Standby Mode/ Sleep Mode: Slow Pulse, One Colour, One Location
Bluetooth On: Blue of course,Top two corners, Fast Flash.
Wi-fi on/ Connected: Pattern e.g. top left, bottom left, bottom right, top right, Fading in and out one by one.
Wait/ Loading: Top left = Fade in/ out blue, bottom left = Fade in/ out red, bottom right = Fade in/ out green, Top right= Fade in/ out yellow. (windows colours )
5th April 2009, 11:30 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by indy.89

Well where to begin....

Here are a few suggestions on how the app could be very simple and user friendly,

1. There should be a list of every colour available for the led's.
2. A list of led locations, (Top Left &/or Right, Bottom Left &/or Right,All, etc).
3. A list of events to choose from.
4. Then a list of styles, (Flash Fast/ Slow, Fade, Rainbow Fade (all colours fading into each other like a rainbow)).

Then all you would simply do is select a colour (#1), then a location (#2), then an event (#3) and finally a style (#4)

1,2,3,4, ab-ra-ca-da-bra and your done

Examples/ Combonations:

Standby Mode/ Sleep Mode: Slow Pulse, One Colour, One Location
Bluetooth On: Blue of course,Top two corners, Fast Flash.
Wi-fi on/ Connected: Pattern e.g. top left, bottom left, bottom right, top right, Fading in and out one by one.
Wait/ Loading: Top left = Fade in/ out blue, bottom left = Fade in/ out red, bottom right = Fade in/ out green, Top right= Fade in/ out yellow. (windows colours )

Cool!! There are a very good ideas!!!
6th April 2009, 01:21 AM |#10  
Flag Worcestershire

More
Question
Yeah very cool,

is there anyway of altering the brightness of the LED? it just seems quite dim and would like them to be brighter.

I also think indy.89 idea sounds easy to use,

also those registry settings u found like lights when keyboard opens/closes did you say they work or u will get them to work in your program?

And one last thing this is off the subject but can I have a sound play when I press the pannel key? could you look at this while knee deep in registry jargon?

thank you for your time and effort on this
6th April 2009, 02:11 AM |#11  
Flag America
Thanks Meter: 516

More
I may suggest moving patterns (leds running up and down), and a RANDOM pattern (sort of "DISCO" pattern) to follow music or else
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)