FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[3/7/09] No more ROMs. Last available: 23001 16 & 20 key.

955 posts
Thanks Meter: 40

By randomelements, Senior Member on 9th April 2009, 11:19 PM
Thread Deleted Email Thread
After a recent scare when I dropped my phone I thought that was it - this time it really is

While flashing a different radio the flash started failing. Mtty revealed bad blocks and now I have a Nike sized brick on my hands that won't even power on, let alone boot.

It's been fun and I really appreciate everyone's help while rerom has been developing over the past couple of months.

I urge you to give NemanjaLO and d_train as much support as you can so that they can build the best ROMs possible for the Nike.

I've got to try to find my old Hermes now...

Au revoir,
Colin.

rerom build 23001

UPDATE:

I've upped a 16key 2G revision 2 which includes SmartLock in case anyone is interested.

I've replaced Backlight in Settings as it wasn't the WM6.5 version anyway.

Check the 23001 folder linked below.

P.S. just in case you hadn't noticed I reverted to netCF 3.5 with 21820 and 23001 as 3.7 doesn't include everything required.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Build 23001 is faster than 21820 and this new rom includes a few tweaks and I finally added Long Press End Key (don't know why I left it out).

All flavours are now available in the 23001 folder at 4shared.

rerom build 23001 - all varieties

Enjoy

rerom build 21820

Build 21820 now available including a few changes and fixes:

- Acrobat Reader now works (thanks to NemanjaLo for the info)
- A Java environment is now in there (JBed)
- All the stock themes are back
- The latest exe for Notepad is included

All flavours (16 & 20 key, 2G and 3G dialers) can be found in the 21820 folder at my 4shared account here:

rerom build 21820 - all varieties

rerom build 21815 - test build

Here's a test build of 21815 - just for 16key with 2G dialer for now.
Because of the issue with themes I've stripped out all the other themes except Classic Blue until it's completely sorted.

I've also added Shamasis' Notepad Mobile to the Office folder in the Start Menu - much lighter when you just want to do a quick text file (although I need to update the version of the exe to the latest)

re-rom 21815, 16 key & 2G Dialer

rerom includes:
  • NetCF 3.5
  • Mortscript cooked in
  • Nitrogen Media Player
  • Clauncher Titanium plugin (With device Lock pre-populated for easy access)
  • A mortscript to choose the exe launched when swiping up from the bottom of the screen

I have removed the music tab from Titanium in this build as the functionality is quite limited and, with the other tabs added, I wanted to reduce a bit of clutter.

The script I have added is placed in the StartUp folder so that you can configure your choice of app after configuring the phone. Just select an application to launch by an upward swipe. It pulls the current path from the registry (just for info) and will be removed from StartUp after you make a selection. You can change this at any time by running \Windows\swipe.mscr.

Note: cancelling the file selection with leave the script in the Startup folder to run on the next reset.

Colin.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Start.jpg
Views:	2376
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	176190   Click image for larger version

Name:	CommMgr.jpg
Views:	1448
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	176191   Click image for larger version

Name:	Buttons.png
Views:	1324
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	176192   Click image for larger version

Name:	mms.png
Views:	1314
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	176722   Click image for larger version

Name:	sendreceive.jpg
Views:	1538
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	186541  

11th April 2009, 04:48 PM |#2  
Flag LX
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Great listing.
11th April 2009, 09:21 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Milton Regis

More
Thanks

I've got just about everything sorted but I've managed to introduce a problem with messaging loading after boot and then hanging.

Got to try to pin this down.
15th April 2009, 07:52 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Milton Regis

More
I'd like to say thanks to the following:

jerpelea
nemanjaLO
rling
D_Train
twolf
ervius
showaco (Titanium weather) & Mnemonique for QVGA version with M2D icons

and everyone else that contributes to the Niki forum
15th April 2009, 07:54 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Milton Regis

More
reserved for updates
16th April 2009, 10:04 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Small issues:
- missing IE shortcut;
- missing MSN Money widget (I already get used with it from other WM6.5 ROMs );
- in PhonePad when scrolling down the call history after couple of contacts the rest of them are with black contrast;
- in Weather widget I cannot set an European city (Bucharest for my case) if I don't know the location code (only by name like it works for HTC weather applet), I assume the zip code works only for US.

Other than that your "baby" works great (however I used it only for 2 h so I keep testing it), thanks a lot!
16th April 2009, 10:29 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Milton Regis

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishu

Small issues:
- missing IE shortcut;
- missing MSN Money widget (I already get used with it from other WM6.5 ROMs );
- in PhonePad when scrolling down the call history after couple of contacts the rest of them are with black contrast;
- in Weather widget I cannot set an European city (Bucharest for my case) if I don't know the location code (only by name like it works for HTC weather applet), I assume the zip code works only for US.

Other than that your "baby" works great (however I used it only for 2 h so I keep testing it), thanks a lot!

- missing IE shortcut is intentional as you just hit the favourites item on Today
- PhonePad - thanks hadn't noticed that, I'll look into it
- as mentioned in the first post - MSN widgets are removed from this rom (I may include them when I do a new version with an updated build)
- for weather you need to visit the accuweather website and do an international lookup - Bucharest is EUR|RO|RO010|BUCHAREST. Add that as the location code

Thanks for testing.
16th April 2009, 12:51 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
You are right, I missed the Favorites shortcut (used for IE launching) from the home screen because I deleted it as I want to keep this sceen as empty as possible. I think the MSN widget is more powerfull (includes a sattelite map) than the one included in the Titanium interface. Meanwhile I figured how to get the city code (I remember I read something in another thread and I search for it). Thanks again for your work and I'm looking for your next release!
16th April 2009, 01:45 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Milton Regis

More
The MSN widgets were originally broken in build 21202 (this can be fixed with updates SYS files) so I will probably include them in an updated build.

As the Titanium Weather is installed during config it can be uninstalled or you will be able to have both (one for quick reference and the other for detail)

I think the phonepad issues is a problem with the skin. I will test with a different dialer package and let you know.
17th April 2009, 12:21 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 114

More
Is this ROM working in French, and for Niki 100?
17th April 2009, 12:35 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Milton Regis

More
This is just WWE I'm afraid.
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread