FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] [HP iPAQ 900c] [WWE] WM6.5 RC1 build 21500 v1.2 by Montecristo

576 posts
Thanks Meter: 2
 
By Montecristo, Senior Member on 13th April 2009, 08:58 PM
Thread Deleted Email Thread
Thank you very much to Benjaminries

Download here



: Flashing your device is dangerous. I take no responsibility and am not going to bother labelling this "beta" since i think pretty much everything you get from xda-devs is beta :d

Instructions for flashing:



1. Get a microsd card sized 2 gb or lower (sdhc won't work) and format it with regular fat filesystem. Copy my flash.dio to the root of the card. Insert card into your device.

2. Make sure your battery has a decent charge (over 50%) and isn't connected to any usb charge or sync cable (or else your device will just go into ruu mode).

3. Put your device into sdloader mode (holding volup+ok(button on right side) and pressing reset.)

4. Sdloader will check the file integrity, flash to your device rom, do a clean reboot (can take a minute longer than usual) and then go into the "welcome to windows mobile, tap here to continue" stuff.

This rom is based from build 21202 to the Benjaminries.

Flash it, test it out, report bugs, much appreciated.

V1.2 Release Notes WM 6.5 Pro CE OS 5.2.21500 (Build 21500.5.0.0)





Remove bublekbraker and solitary.
Remove voicecommander
Remove Google map
Remove Widget
Remove tips and html
Remove .mid and .3gp.
Remove the bar PHOTOS, MUSIC and FAVORITES from CHOME

add CHOME CONFIGURATION

error reporting = no
light keyboard = 40 second
Spanish Autocorrect and dictionary
Redistributed start menu.
New Today Theme
Original Size = 80 mg this 65 mg

V1.0 Release Notes
Download here

Remove bublekbraker and solitary.
Remove voicecommander
Remove Google Calendar
Remove Widget
Remove tips and html
Remove .mid and .3gp.
Remove the bar PHOTOS and MUSIC from CHOME
Remove some registry keys

Change original theme
Spanish Autocorrect and dictionary
Redistributed start menu.
Original rom 80 mg, this rom 55 megas.
The keyboard light is on for 40 seconds.
 
 
14th April 2009, 08:03 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
My new building
16th April 2009, 01:45 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Nobody has tried? ;=(
16th April 2009, 04:38 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Flag Distrito Federal
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Montecristo, two days using your ROM, very stable, no errors, pretty fast.

I like it, is possible in new version put in more applications.

Thanks for your dedication!
16th April 2009, 05:17 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
What other applications would you like who are you?

In version 1.3 are:

Registry Editor.
Weather in the panel CHOME

Remove File Explore and add Total Commander?????
16th April 2009, 06:38 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Flag Distrito Federal
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I don't know if is hard to include applications like:

- Total Commander
- SIM Manager
- WM5Storage
- Backlight Controller
- PIM Backup
- Opera
- PocketRAR

I don't know too much about cook ROMs, but if I can help you in something please let me know.
17th April 2009, 09:27 PM |#7  
tcortinag's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
That would be nice, and also a few more themes...
18th April 2009, 03:01 PM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hi Montecristo

I have been using your ROM for the past 3 days, and i must admit it is very stable and quick. It responds with great immediacy, now my 914c behaves more like a phone than a fragmented 98 PC. Good work.

As for any future builds, this is my opinion,

Try and keep the ROM as light and as fast as possible, i would definately prefer this over many included apps.

programs like

burt iContactBE
Miniamal Dialer

are quite kool.

anything else is just really extra...

for me stability, speed, performance and nice GUI in that order are key.

Not sure why not so many people have tried this ROM.
Gotta say it rocks.

Love the Ying Yang, but also the text on the home screen disappear into the lighter colour ( not using 6.5 theme with panels, it just doesnt rock my boat)


oh by the way, got skype working finally.
21st April 2009, 04:12 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaim3lo

I don't know if is hard to include applications like:

- Total Commander
- SIM Manager
- WM5Storage
- Backlight Controller
- PIM Backup
- Opera
- PocketRAR

I don't know too much about cook ROMs, but if I can help you in something please let me know.


I'm working on it!!!
21st April 2009, 04:16 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcortinag

That would be nice, and also a few more themes...


Ok.... thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by papalou

Hi Montecristo

I have been using your ROM for the past 3 days, and i must admit it is very stable and quick. It responds with great immediacy, now my 914c behaves more like a phone than a fragmented 98 PC. Good work.

As for any future builds, this is my opinion,

Try and keep the ROM as light and as fast as possible, i would definately prefer this over many included apps.

programs like

burt iContactBE
Miniamal Dialer

are quite kool.

anything else is just really extra...

for me stability, speed, performance and nice GUI in that order are key.

Not sure why not so many people have tried this ROM.
Gotta say it rocks.

Love the Ying Yang, but also the text on the home screen disappear into the lighter colour ( not using 6.5 theme with panels, it just doesnt rock my boat)


oh by the way, got skype working finally.

I use the spb shel 3 and I doubt if you add the two programs you ask me ... but thanks for trying my rom.

If you think other programs tell me.

I'm trying to light a light rom

Thanks
21st April 2009, 06:56 PM |#11  
tcortinag's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by papalou

for me stability, speed, performance and nice GUI in that order are key.

I'm with papalou in this, I rather have stability and speed/performance than many apps...

I will try this ROM this week, I was not able before due work reasons, but so far comments are really good and I'm looking forward to test it.
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes