FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

What kind of SD Card?

1,392 posts
Thanks Meter: 47
 
By lamborg, Senior Member on 19th April 2009, 03:56 PM
Thread Deleted Email Thread
What kind of SD cards can be used in HTC Gene?

Like there are microSD, miniSD etc...


Thanks
 
 
19th April 2009, 04:52 PM |#2  
ramersonw's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
Donate to Me
More
Gene uses SD Cards. But you can use microSD, miniSD through an adaptor. It's supports SDHC cards as well. I have a 2GB(microSD) and a 4GB(miniSD) cards and both works well.
19th April 2009, 05:01 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramersonw

Gene uses SD Cards. But you can use microSD, miniSD through an adaptor. It's supports SDHC cards as well. I have a 2GB(microSD) and a 4GB(miniSD) cards and both works well.

So, what cards should I look for, any type of SD or some specific.

Which can be the best...?

Is there any difference between their (micro, mini, SDHC) cost?
20th April 2009, 04:43 AM |#4  
ramersonw's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
Donate to Me
More
The price depends on the capacity of the card. You can buy anyone. but if you buy microSD or miniSD, keep in mind that you will need an adapter for SD(it's the size of the Gene's card slot). The differences between them are basically the format(physical size). Look for a fast card (150x) and you'll be happy.
20th April 2009, 10:29 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramersonw

The price depends on the capacity of the card. You can buy anyone. but if you buy microSD or miniSD, keep in mind that you will need an adapter for SD(it's the size of the Gene's card slot). The differences between them are basically the format(physical size). Look for a fast card (150x) and you'll be happy.

Does the price depend upon weather its microSD, miniSD (same capacity) ??

Also, what type of card will fit in the Gene without requiring an adapter?

Thanks
21st April 2009, 02:11 AM |#6  
ramersonw's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Does the price depend upon weather its microSD, miniSD (same capacity) ??

I think not. Here in Brazil, pratically there is no difference.
Quote:

Also, what type of card will fit in the Gene without requiring an adapter?

a normal SD Card.
23rd April 2009, 05:44 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramersonw

I think not. Here in Brazil, pratically there is no difference.

a normal SD Card.


Does using an adapter affects the performance of the card, like loading time or reading time? +ve and -ve points of using an adapter?

Thanks
23rd April 2009, 06:18 PM |#8  
htc3400's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborg

Does using an adapter affects the performance of the card, like loading time or reading time? +ve and -ve points of using an adapter?

Thanks

using an adaptor has not affected any performance in my phone for the last 2 yrs or so i have been using it...also if you have a mini SD means you can use the same memory card on most of the new cell phone models like sony ericsson or nokia...in that way it is advantageous to use the mem card with the adaptor...
23rd April 2009, 09:12 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by htc3400

using an adaptor has not affected any performance in my phone for the last 2 yrs or so i have been using it...also if you have a mini SD means you can use the same memory card on most of the new cell phone models like sony ericsson or nokia...in that way it is advantageous to use the mem card with the adaptor...

Thanks dude, for the reply.

But still not able to decide whether to go for SD card or for microSD/miniSD with adapter...
Gene has written 'SD' on it and not microSD or miniSD. So, does microSD or miniSD supposed to be working fine?
24th April 2009, 01:18 AM |#10  
ramersonw's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
Donate to Me
More
You can use anyone. Don't worry.
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes