[ROM] The Dude's Cupcake1.3RC2 [AOSP + ADP1.5] [2009-06-19]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

RaQHoliday

Apr 19, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Personally, I think the H and G builds should be merged. I like G's camera (except the white balance) and transitions, but I prefer H's VK and overall look.

Having seen both now, i agree.

I would have stuck with the H-build honestly, but for some reason I was having issues with the browser; I attempted to access a chat-room I frequent, and the room wasn't recognizing I was on a mobile browser so I couldn't type. Otherwise I was absolutely in love with it.

Edit: This build is solid, aside from the calendar issue. Browser issue from H isn't present, and it started up much faster.

Last edited:

ArmandHammer

Apr 3, 2009
Ohio
Im caught between the g build and h build.
I love the camera on the h build.
The auto correction on the h build is awesome.
But i just dont think that the H build fits the G1.
Great work on this and i cant wait to see the final.
I have to say i like the G build more since ive been on the H build for awhile.

Last edited:

infyrno

Mar 14, 2009
The camcorder on this build is not great, I see vertical bars on play back. haykuro's build camcorder is great, it also has a bunch of options and effects.

Dude's build
does not have the pdf viewer.
stereo bluetooth works.
-->video recording is really bad quality for me.
Standard 1.0 dialer.
51MB of available space after fresh install.
Music, calendar widget present.
Soft keyboard.
Messaging SMS application has the standard 1.0 theme
-->>Calendar is not working( can't see appointments because all is black)

Heykuro's Build

Pdf viewer.
stereo bluetooth
Good quality camcorder and playback(lots of options and effects to choose from).
Nicer looking dialer theme
Messaging application has an updated dark theme.
Music, calendar widget present.
Soft keyboard.
--> It does have random display glitches.

I don't remember which built i had but it was ported from Chinese. I'm going back to Heykuro's built now. I hope some one finds this helpful.

uberingram

Mar 25, 2008
Chandler, AZ
-NO Exchange Sync (Believe me, if I can figure out a way to do them both, as well as, CONTROLLING SYNC for the google stuff, I'll do it)

This is the deal breaker for me. Native Exchange Sync in Haykuro's H build is what finally took my G1 from a toy to a useful business phone.

Edit: I also prefer the H's white-on-black SMS theme to Google's black-on-white.

Last edited:

DeFiant*X

Feb 5, 2009
Orlando
This is the deal breaker for me. Native Exchange Sync in Haykuro's H build is what finally took my G1 from a toy to a useful business phone.

Edit: I also prefer the H's white-on-black SMS theme to Google's black-on-white.

I second this. Finally I can get my work email on my phone (even though the notifications don't work). Also, my SMS is black on black, but I'm running 5.0.2H. Is white on black in the r versions? My market works fine btw...

aVirulence

Feb 7, 2009
Dude: Where did you get the Market app from? From haykuro's G build as well?

Furthermore, where do the closed source apps (from Google) come from? I understand that you got them from haykuro's build, but where do those come from? Are the latest (development) versions available somewhere?

al74

Mar 13, 2007

Am I the only one who finds the H build unstable? It is slower than the G build and even got into endless loops on HTC screen for no reason.

kaobiore

Jan 1, 2009
hey ... if you want to discuss haykuro's-builds this is not the right place to do!

Biohazard827

Jul 30, 2008
This build is stable, only had the homescreen freeze once on me (adding too many shorcuts at once:)). Market works fine, as does wi-fi. Calander can be fixed as per kaobiore's instructions posted previously in this thread, just DL his APK and push to the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Force closes

I have the upgraded to the 1.5 software and when i press the phone button to make a call, answer a call, access my contacts i get a force close every time is there anything i can do besides downgrade?