896 posts
Thanks Meter: 42

Thread Closed Email Thread
12th May 2009, 07:17 PM |#2991  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusMaximus04@gmail.com

The easiest way is to use my appstosd2 app. It will partition your card for you if you haven't done that already, then(after a reboot) will give you options to move apps and/or dalvik-cache to the sd card. Pressing to move apps will reboot as well, but it should come up fine with all your apps on the sd card.

If you want to do it manually, just do:

Code:
su
mkdir /system/sd/app
mkdir /system/sd/app-private
mkdir /system/sd/dalvik-cache
in the terminal emulator an reboot and all future apps will install to the sd card.

I have done this for app and app-private but no protected apps will install. I even updated to Marcus's updated scripts from yesterday using the below but app-private is not working.
su
mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
cp /sdcard/init.rc /data/
cp /sdcard/a2sd.sh /data/

I also used the appstosd2 and nada.

I think the old method was better. I am now thinking of moving to haykuro. Can anyone tell me how the stability and quickness is on haykuro's builds compared to Dude's 1.0?

12th May 2009, 07:38 PM |#2992  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandshrimp

I have done this for app and app-private but no protected apps will install. I even updated to Marcus's updated scripts from yesterday using the below but app-private is not working.
su
mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
cp /sdcard/init.rc /data/
cp /sdcard/a2sd.sh /data/

I also used the appstosd2 and nada.

I think the old method was better. I am now thinking of moving to haykuro. Can anyone tell me how the stability and quickness is on haykuro's builds compared to Dude's 1.0?

I posted a reply in the other thread to this effect as well:
The Dude's ROM uses a2sd.sh from /system/bin/, not from /data/(I chose to keep it in data for JF since it's easier for users to set up, but he will be controlling his own updates so it makes sense for him to have it in /system/bin). In order to replace it in TheDude's ROM do the following in terminal emulator:

su
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
rm /system/bin/a2sd.sh
cp /sdcard/a2sd.sh /system/bin/
reboot
12th May 2009, 07:43 PM |#2993  
Flag Greenacres, FL
Thanks Meter: 23

More
MoonDust Operational!
My apologies to Manup but I just had to port another one. I love switching between MoonDust and Prodigal Sun and now I can do it again. Thanks for the great themes. Gonna be hard once you release that new one *I will have 3 to switch out*.

Anyway here are your screens!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot1242150012451.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	184847   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot1242152185070.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	184848   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot1242152240519.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	184849   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot1242150044303.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	184850  
12th May 2009, 08:03 PM |#2994  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
private apps issue
Quote:

I posted a reply in the other thread to this effect as well:
The Dude's ROM uses a2sd.sh from /system/bin/, not from /data/(I chose to keep it in data for JF since it's easier for users to set up, but he will be controlling his own updates so it makes sense for him to have it in /system/bin). In order to replace it in TheDude's ROM do the following in terminal emulator:

su
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
rm /system/bin/a2sd.sh
cp /sdcard/a2sd.sh /system/bin/
reboot

I tryed doing that to get the private apps going to the app-private folder. That script is for that purpose or did i misunderstand something? Also when i did it I got cannot stat /sdcard/a2sd.sh': no such file or directory

did i mess anything up. Im on dudes 1.1 with the apps to sd 2 app and my apps go to the sd card but not the private apps and i thought this script would put the private apps to the app-private directory that i made.
Please if anyone has any ideas?

Thanks Kevin
12th May 2009, 08:41 PM |#2995  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by limakev123

I tryed doing that to get the private apps going to the app-private folder. That script is for that purpose or did i misunderstand something? Also when i did it I got cannot stat /sdcard/a2sd.sh': no such file or directory

did i mess anything up. Im on dudes 1.1 with the apps to sd 2 app and my apps go to the sd card but not the private apps and i thought this script would put the private apps to the app-private directory that i made.

Thanks Kevin

Those posted steps are for updating the a2sd script The Dude uses for apps to sd, with my latest version(I wrote the script, The Dude was kind enough to build it into his ROM). To find the latest version follow the first link in my signature and download the attached a2sd.zip. Then put a2sd.sh from that zip file and put it on your sdcard(in the topmost directory) and then follow those steps. The latest version has a fix for the non-installing protected apps issue.

NOTE: installing the newer script will make phone storage show up as the space you allocated to the ext2 partition. This is normal, so don't freak out
12th May 2009, 08:42 PM |#2996  
Flag Westport/Plaza Kansas City Mo.
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:

Thanks Kevin

Did you download the a2sd.sh file from murcus' "new and improved a2sd" thread and put it on your /sdcard? If not, you need to do that and run the command again.
12th May 2009, 09:19 PM |#2997  

More
pected apps
Quote:

Those posted steps are for updating the a2sd script The Dude uses for apps to sd, with my latest version(I wrote the script, The Dude was kind enough to build it into his ROM). To find the latest version follow the first link in my signature and download the attached a2sd.zip. Then put a2sd.sh from that zip file and put it on your sdcard(in the topmost directory) and then follow those steps. The latest version has a fix for the non-installing protected apps issue.

NOTE: installing the newer script will make phone storage show up as the space you allocated to the ext2 partition. This is normal, so don't freak out

Thanks for repy!!! I will try that. If is just update with your new apps to sd2 off of the market and do it that way will that work?
12th May 2009, 09:21 PM |#2998  

More
Quote:

Thanks for repy!!! I will try that. If is just update with your new apps to sd2 off of the market and do it that way will that work?

No is did not and thats why I think it did not work. I just re falshed everything and did all the steps over again. I am gonna try that now. Im gonna put that file at the top of my sd card and re do that script.
12th May 2009, 09:33 PM |#2999  

More
Also I just want to say thanks to everyone for answering my questions. If it was not for this site and the kindness of everyone I would not have the phone that I do. So thanks everyone and I will try that soon!
12th May 2009, 09:43 PM |#3000  
Flag Zuid Holland
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by parmenti

Everything is working perfectly now. Reformating ext2 before full wipe did the trick. I also redid a2sd with new files.

Below is a link to the Default Theme with the Original Launcher (4 columns on app sled & original 3 home screens). It's zipped signed and ready to go. Might be nice if someone knew how to keep the 4 rows on sled but also have the 5 home screens. Anyone know which file in launcher.apk is handling the 5 home screens?

Download Link: Default Theme with Original Launcher (4 columns)

Thank you! love the original theme
12th May 2009, 09:43 PM |#3001  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
So what exactly is stored in the dalvik cache? I keep seeing that mentioned but I'm not quite sure what's in there.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cupcake, thedude
Previous Thread Next Thread