[UTIL] SPB Mobile Shell 3.0.1 [Tricks, Widgets, Themes, Other, FAQ, Config]

1,069 posts
Thanks Meter: 14

By Zepiii, Retired Forum Moderator on 21st April 2009, 04:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st September 2009, 02:34 PM |#3901  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
I have done a lot of reading in this topic and thankfully used a lot of tips & tricks. However I am still left with some questions I was hoping to get answered.

I have described some question in a screencap. If anyone know some answers I would appreciate it!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen01.jpg
Views:	5144
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	223058  

1st September 2009, 03:22 PM |#3902  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk
Thanks Meter: 16,153

Donate to Me
More
MSkip Pro Plus Elegance Theme for Spb Mobile Shell 3.0.1 for QVGA and WQVGA Devices.

YouTube Video (preview and installation instructions): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ1gY2HMNFU

This is a complete redesign of Mobile Shell to make it as customiseable and accesseable as possible with all the widgets and mods from Widgets Pro Plus. Every Lifestyle Screen is selectable by use of the Bar at the bottom or by swiping left or right across the screen.

To use the Invisible Link Widget: Select Invisible Link (medium or small) from the widgets list, then select the program you wish it to be associated with. You can then place it over an existing widget or on any part of the screen so that when you click on that area the link will run. Its totally invisible but the size must NOT be changed or the link will become visible.

To add
Spb Menus to the screen on Ultimate version: Select Menu (bottom right button) and Add Widget. Select Application from the Shortcuts section then click on the Spb Menus Folder and select one of the available shortcuts you want to place on the screen. If you want to place it at the bottom as a Menu Button then select it from the screen and make it small then move it to the bottom.

PLEASE NOTE:
TO AVOID PROBLEMS SUCH AS THE WIDGETS OR NOTIFICATIONS NOT SHOWING PLEASE ONLY INSTALL THIS ON A CLEAN VERSION OF MOBILE SHELL!!

AFTER YOU HAVE INSTALLED PROPLUS ELEGANCE YOU *MUST* SOFT RESET (RESTART) YOUR DEVICE IN ORDER TO CHANGE THE BACKGROUND ON THE LIFESTYLE SCREEN AND FOR IT TO WORK PROPERLY.

If you enjoy using anything that I have created please consider making a donation even if its a very small amount. I have spent ALOT of time on this project so appreciation of my work is very welcome.

Enjoy

To Be Done:
Landscape Layout needs doing on WQVGA devices which I cannot do as I do not have this device. If someone can make the layout look good on the Lifestyle screens for WQVGA and then send me the registry files for HKLM, Software, Spb Software Housee 2, Spb Mobile Shell, Widgets then I can update it.

Thread Link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=554798 (please direct all questions or comments to that thread)
1st September 2009, 04:42 PM |#3903  
Thanks Meter: 848

More
THis looks very good .

Will be looking forward to the day u release the one for wvga devices .
1st September 2009, 06:54 PM |#3904  
OP Retired Forum Moderator
Flag www.generation-mobiles.net
Thanks Meter: 14

Donate to Me
More
It looks nice Mskip !
1st September 2009, 07:54 PM |#3905  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I've been using SPB MS3 for the last few days on my Touch HD over panosha's Black_Pearl_v2_Clean_WWE which is a pure and clean WM 6.1 w/o TouchFlo 3D but i wanted a better and nicer dialer instead of WinMo default so i installed Resco Contact Manager.RCM can handle incoming calls replacing winmo default also by pressing the call button it brings up RCM but when i'm making a call it brings up WinMo default dialer,so is it possible to associate RCM with this action and contacts shortcuts on MS3 with RCM instead of MS3 default?
1st September 2009, 08:31 PM |#3906  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Can lifestyle screens be made circular?
I would like my lifestyle screens to scroll continuously, I don't mean by itself, but just when I get to the last page I would like to go on back to the first page, kinda like the carousel. I just wondered if anyone thought that this might be possible to do? It just seems like a lot of swiping to get back to my first screen from my last screen when they could effectively be right next to each other. I don't think I am being very clear here....well it seemed like a good idea to me.
1st September 2009, 10:01 PM |#3907  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk
Thanks Meter: 16,153

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by uniqueboy

I would like my lifestyle screens to scroll continuously, I don't mean by itself, but just when I get to the last page I would like to go on back to the first page, kinda like the carousel. I just wondered if anyone thought that this might be possible to do? It just seems like a lot of swiping to get back to my first screen from my last screen when they could effectively be right next to each other. I don't think I am being very clear here....well it seemed like a good idea to me.

I know what you mean lol. The Pro Plus Elegance Theme that I posted on here earlier scrolls the Lifestyle screens continuously so page 7 goes back to page 1. Also I have put buttons above the MenuBar so every screen is selectable without having to swipe at all.

At the moment its only available for QVGA/WQVGA but I will most likely release it for VGA/QVGA in the next few days. I dont know what resolution your device is but look *HERE* for a preview of what it offers
1st September 2009, 10:42 PM |#3908  
Flag RIYADH
Thanks Meter: 215

Donate to Me
More
Arrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip

MSkip Pro Plus Elegance Theme for Spb Mobile Shell 3.0.1 for QVGA and WQVGA Devices.

THANKs MSkip
1st September 2009, 11:18 PM |#3909  
Thanks Meter: 109

More
great but if someone doesnt want all the theme then what?
1st September 2009, 11:30 PM |#3910  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip

I know what you mean lol. The Pro Plus Elegance Theme that I posted on here earlier scrolls the Lifestyle screens continuously so page 7 goes back to page 1. Also I have put buttons above the MenuBar so every screen is selectable without having to swipe at all.

At the moment its only available for QVGA/WQVGA but I will most likely release it for VGA/QVGA in the next few days. I dont know what resolution your device is but look *HERE* for a preview of what it offers

Hi mskip, I had a look at your video, what you have done is amazing. I have a diamond, VGA, so I will await your VGA release. I am however a little reluctant to make a clean install to have all your latest features, I am very happy using your pro plus widgets as is, it is just that it takes so long to set up 7 lifestyle screens, add widget/aplications....scroll...click click again and again. So is it possible to make a hack in a .cab that just adds the ability for continuous scrolling of the lifestyle screens? Or does it require some deep tweaking only a full theme can deliver?
1st September 2009, 11:35 PM |#3911  
Flag italy
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Hello everyone.
I would have one request, if this is possible.
could I have an animated background FOR SPB that changes based on time?
example
from 06:00 to 09:00 WITH SUNRISE BACKGROUND
from 09:00 to 12:00 WITH MORNING BACKGROUND
from 12:00 to 18:00 WITH BACKGROUND AFTERNOON
from 18:00 to 21:00 WITH SUNSET BACKGROUND
from 21:00 to 06:00 WITH NIGHT BACKGROUND

is it possibile?

thank you very much
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
spb mobile shell 3, themes, tricks, widgets, zepiii

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)