1,069 posts
Thanks Meter: 14

By Zepiii, Retired Forum Moderator on 21st April 2009, 04:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th April 2009, 06:39 PM |#561  
bergen county, NJ / Bushkill, PA
Thanks Meter: 3

More
i hope this lag is fixed by spb or someone on here... it is killing the whole thing for me!!! if you type a text wtih the slide out keyboard and send it. it takes a year to close the messages

29th April 2009, 06:50 PM |#562  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
reg entry for mediaplayer
can someone please list for me the reg entry in mobileshell/menu/root/multimedia/ for the mediaplayer folder within the multimedia folder
I deleted it by mistake and my last backup does not have all the adjustments I made so far.
Thanks in advance
29th April 2009, 07:14 PM |#563  
Flag Belo Horizonte
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Change background image
First of all, sorry my bad English

I found a simple way to change the background image for all panels (it work for me, but I don't know if will work for everyone).

I changed the file background.xml (inside qa_layout.dat) file like this:

<Layout Name="Default">
<Plugins>
<Plugin Class="Spb.LSP.SimpleBackgrd" Name="Fundotela"/>
</Plugins>
</Layout>

<Layout Name="240x320">
<Plugins Extends="Default">
<Plugin Name="Fundotela" Skin="qa_fundotela" >
<String Name="ImageName" Value="background"/>
<BoundRect X="0" Y="0" Width="240" Height="320"/>
</Plugin>
</Plugins>
</Layout>

Then I create a qa_fundotela.dat with the images for the background (portraid and landscape). In my case, the image sizes are 240x320 and 320x240 (see the attached file - rename it to .dat).

This modification solved the scroll problem (for the MRU and other panels with scroll).
Attached Files
File Type: zip qa_fundotela.zip - [Click for QR Code] (74.9 KB, 1418 views)
29th April 2009, 07:21 PM |#564  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Holidays in MS3 Calendar:
In Outlook 2007 activate local holidays for your given country in tools/option/calendar options/add holidays/choose country (or similar, I have German Outlook SP2)
Sync over activesync, holidays will appear in MS3 calendar
29th April 2009, 07:35 PM |#565  
Flag RIYADH
Thanks Meter: 215

Donate to Me
More
Hi drew2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew2000

Any chance at all to see this in QVGA? Not pressing or anything just floating the question, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abumhmmd1

Theme ActuShell SPB MS3 converted from VGA to QVGA by Actupsp
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=473

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew2000

Hey zepiii and abumhmmd1 if you had checked my post you would have seen that the link I quoted was to apothehouse's black theme with the headphones not keith's. apothehouse's theme is wvga and vga NOT qvga. If you had checked the link in the quote you would have seen this and noticed I was asking for a theme that was not qvga at least not yet. It is ok we all make mistakes but please check before you reprimand. Thanks for you time and I do appreciate any help I get and am able to give No hard feelings and all is good thanks for the great thread. Later guys.....here is the link again.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=351

I do understand your request
BUT since I am not the creator of the requested theme (Vynil)
and you refer to a thred posted by me , I figur out to help by guideing to the available QVGA theme
and I DO mention the name of it in my reply ...
any way ,, sorry SORRY if their is any confusion caused by me
29th April 2009, 07:43 PM |#566  
Flag Belo Horizonte

More
My skin (QVGA)
This is my skin (QVGA only):

Install instructions:

Copy the content of the bluetheme.zip to the Mobile Shell folder.
Copy the newwidgets.cab file to your phone and execute it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip bluetheme.zip - [Click for QR Code] (804.4 KB, 1126 views)
File Type: cab newwidgets.cab - [Click for QR Code] (99.4 KB, 822 views)
29th April 2009, 08:00 PM |#567  
OP Retired Forum Moderator
Flag www.generation-mobiles.net
Thanks Meter: 14

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mituns

can someone please list for me the reg entry in mobileshell/menu/root/multimedia/ for the mediaplayer folder within the multimedia folder
I deleted it by mistake and my last backup does not have all the adjustments I made so far.
Thanks in advance

Haha, funny one ADDED.

@macribe :
> don't forget to give a name to your theme ! Here i called it "Blue theme", if you want to give it a name... edit the title of your post, and post on this topic that you edit giving me link to this
> ADDED but your trick #563 only works in QVGA, no?
29th April 2009, 08:11 PM |#568  
Flag Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 1,457

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by decalex

Man, I feel like I should know the answer to this, but, I'm on a Treo Pro (sprint) - screen 320x320 - Running SPB MS3. Generally, which *VGA should I stick with? -- Mostly in regards to adding widgets

Thanks!

anyone have any suggestions for this? Some of these themes are fantastic.
29th April 2009, 08:12 PM |#569  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas0511

Two more tweaks courtesy of Modaco:

Map hardware button to contacts carousel
go to windows/start menu/programs/spb mobile shell and make a duplicate of the spbcontacts.lnk or an other one.. change the link properties to "\Program Files\Spb Mobile Shell\MenuLauncher.exe" -cmd:"dlg|:MANAGEFAVS" then map it to a button.

Add SPB Menu button to main screen
Call SPB Menu from the main screen, with a button between Launcher and Contacts buttons on the bottom - use attached cab
Caution: This will overwrite your qa_layouts.dat customizations, so make a backup!

With the adding of a third button, do you think it would be possible to add something other than MENU? If so, could you please post the steps that was done to add the MENU button so that I may try to add something else. I had someone request it be a SHOW TODAY button to quickly get to the WinMO home screen. Thanks!
29th April 2009, 08:14 PM |#570  
Flag Belo Horizonte

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepiii

@macribe :
> don't forget to give a name to your theme ! Here i called it "Blue theme", if you want to give it a name... edit the title of your post, and post on this topic that you edit giving me link to this
> ADDED but your trick #563 only works in QVGA, no?

Hi Zepiii, Blue theme if fine for me...
I'm preparing a CAB with the theme and the required entries em registry for my widgets. I will post the link for download ASAP.
I tried the trick with the QVGA, but I think that it will work with any version (changing the name and the image size on the Layout tag).
29th April 2009, 08:17 PM |#571  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Backups: has anyone experimented with the Backup Settings option in SPB MS3? Does it save files such as the .dat ones or just registry settings - menus and widgets?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
spb mobile shell 3, themes, tricks, widgets, zepiii

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)