111 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By mailman1387, Senior Member on 6th May 2009, 11:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
PRE-REQUISITE:
1. Rooted your phone
2. You created the FAT32 / EXT2 combo partitions

NOTE:
I used Paragon partition Manager 10 ($40) for the easy way but you can do it a bit harder way for free on your phone itself without a PC by following http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=500387
I've heard Ubuntu also works although Paragon Manager is the only one i've tried

INSTRUCTION: These are the steps i used and it worked like a Cupcake lol
1. Download the LucidRem Modified Update Below to the MicroSD on the FAT32 portion (Assuming you've already created a Fat32 / Ext 2 partition on your microSD) and rename it "update"

JFv1.5 = http://files.lucidrem.us/_fd.php?fil...REM/update.zip
OTA Radio if your phone doesn't already have this radio version (to check on your phone its under settings > About phone > Baseband version) = http://files.lucidrem.us/_fd.php?fil..._22_19_26I.zip

2. Flash your G1 (At this point I performed a Clean Wipe right before flashing but its your choice)
3. After flashing and the phone boots up open the terminal app on the phone and type in the following commands:

su
Press Enter
lucid app
Press Enter
lucid data
Press Enter
lucid dalvik
Press Enter

4. Reboot your G1 and your done.
*In your storage settings your phone internal memory should be from 70-74 MB.The apps will automatically go to your SD when you DL them.
LucidREM please don't be mad that i linked your modified update.zip in my thread and Thank you.
6th May 2009, 11:18 PM |#2  
Flag dallas
Thanks Meter: 177

Donate to Me
More
you are truly a god !! easy to read instructions you should be a technical writer !!!

[

QUOTE=mailman1387;3743745]PRE-REQUISITE:
1. Rooted your phone
2. You created the FAT32 / EXT2 combo partitions

NOTE:
I used Paragon partition Manager 10 ($40) for the easy way but you can do it a bit harder way for free on your phone itself without a PC by following http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=500387
I've heard Ubuntu also works although Paragon Manager is the only one i've tried

INSTRUCTION: These are the steps i used and it worked like a Cupcake lol
1. Download the LucidRem Modified Update Below to the MicroSD on the FAT32 portion (Assuming you've already created a Fat32 / Ext 2 partition on your microSD) and rename it "update"

JFv1.5 = http://files.lucidrem.us/_fd.php?fil...REM/update.zip
OTA Radio if your phone doesn't already have this radio version (to check on your phone its under settings > About phone > Baseband version) = http://files.lucidrem.us/_fd.php?fil..._22_19_26I.zip

2. Flash your G1 (At this point I performed a Clean Wipe right before flashing but its your choice)
3. After flashing and the phone boots up open the terminal app on the phone and type in the following commands:

su
Press Enter
lucid app
Press Enter
lucid data
Press Enter
lucid dalvik
Press Enter

4. Reboot your G1 and your done.
*In your storage settings your phone internal memory should be from 70-74 MB.The apps will automatically go to your SD when you DL them.
LucidREM please don't be mad that i linked your modified update.zip in my thread and Thank you. [/QUOTE]
6th May 2009, 11:21 PM |#3  

More
I'm glad you got it working man.

Good write up for others too. I used LucidREM's method to get apps on sd and it was the easiest and most understandable way for me too.
6th May 2009, 11:23 PM |#4  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 82

More
I started getting into the whole apps2sd phenomenon and this thread came just in time to keep me from getting frustrated. There are a few options out there but its nice having a noob walkthrough specifically for JFv1.5 to help guide the way.
6th May 2009, 11:32 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York City

More
Thanks i just wanna help..glad you got it
6th May 2009, 11:33 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York City

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skri11a

I'm glad you got it working man.

Good write up for others too. I used LucidREM's method to get apps on sd and it was the easiest and most understandable way for me too.

Thanks and THANK YOU for the help you provided on the other post
6th May 2009, 11:35 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York City

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandenk

I started getting into the whole apps2sd phenomenon and this thread came just in time to keep me from getting frustrated. There are a few options out there but its nice having a noob walkthrough specifically for JFv1.5 to help guide the way.

Sure is nice to have b/c i dont understand computer language and codes unless its kindergarde step by step instructions.lol
7th May 2009, 12:46 AM |#8  
Flag Bolton
Thanks Meter: 22

More
I've never had any problems doing it the old way but this is 10000000x more convenient, good little guide. It's good someone has realised there are a lot of people who have no idea what they are doing when it comes to all the commands. Cheers
7th May 2009, 12:56 AM |#9  
Flag Sacramento, CA
Thanks Meter: 697

More
Great post man, yeah I set mine up already but for new users this will be a great guide and eliminate a lot of confusion. I saw your questions in the other thread and props for understanding so quick and making a guide. This site needs more of this kind of thing. Propz homie
7th May 2009, 02:32 AM |#10  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Goodyear
Thanks Meter: 362

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman1387

Sure is nice to have b/c i dont understand computer language and codes unless its kindergarde step by step instructions.lol

Lmao, good job man!
7th May 2009, 03:33 AM |#11  
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman1387

LucidREM please don't be mad that i linked your modified update.zip in my thread and Thank you.

it's all good .. heheh .. i posted it so people could use it .. just keep spreading the word and good name of JesusFreke around the globe
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)