FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Bluetooth tethering armooo1.5 - moded JF1.5

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By armooo, Junior Member on 12th May 2009, 06:11 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
This is a set of changes to JF1.5 ADP image to enable pan bluetooth tethering. The pan service will be available whenever bluetooth it turned on as you would expect from most other phones.

It includes all the normal changes from JF1.5

Changes

armooo1.50.1

Added support for multiple clients (updated pand_up.sh, pand_down.sh).
Added logging.
Added /system/xbin/pand.start. Works around what looks like an init bug with long lines.
Updated /system/init.rc to use pand.start and logwrapper.

armooo1.50

The pand service was added to /system/init.rc .
The library bluedroid (/system/lib/libbluedroid.so) was updated to start and stop the pand service.
Pan support scripts were added to /system/xbin (pand_up.sh, pand_down.sh).
Added dnsmasq to /system/xbin.

Changes for JFv1.50 ADP1.5 Build Environment
armooo1.5 ADP1.5

12th May 2009, 05:11 PM |#2  
So now the question is how can I get this on another build besides the JF?
12th May 2009, 05:52 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
is this a non-wipe update, and will it break wifitether by harry_m?
12th May 2009, 08:22 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
twistedumbrella
You should be to manualy install the files in armooo1.50.tar.gz. It will need pand, iptables, awk and a kernel with netfilter/iptables. All of which were in the JF image I am not sure about the others.

andonnguyen
I was able to upgrade from JF1.5 ADP to this image without wiping. As long as you are not trying to use wifitether and the bluetooth tethering at the same time is should not be a problem. Stopping wifitether or disconnecting a bluetooth connection will disable ip forwarding and remove iptables rules which could cause problems.
12th May 2009, 08:25 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Thanks it's working perfectly on Dude's build.

I prefer this over network as Ubuntu laptop don't like ad-hoc network and I never managed to connect.

I wonder if someone one if this PAN thing can provide connection to multiple computer simultaneously or is it just one?

Thanks again! good job
12th May 2009, 08:32 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
An integration in TheDude firmware is available here : http://android.smartphonefrance.info/actu.asp?ID=133 (In french).
12th May 2009, 10:09 PM |#7  
Quote:
Originally Posted by armooo

twistedumbrella
You should be to manualy install the files in armooo1.50.tar.gz. It will need pand, iptables, awk and a kernel with netfilter/iptables. All of which were in the JF image I am not sure about the others.

andonnguyen
I was able to upgrade from JF1.5 ADP to this image without wiping. As long as you are not trying to use wifitether and the bluetooth tethering at the same time is should not be a problem. Stopping wifitether or disconnecting a bluetooth connection will disable ip forwarding and remove iptables rules which could cause problems.

Tried moving the files over and got stuck in a boot loop. Couldn't get the init.rc to work. Didn't try just loading the rest of the files. Wasn't sure if that would work. I'll have to give it a try. Thanks.
12th May 2009, 10:38 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedumbrella

Tried moving the files over and got stuck in a boot loop. Couldn't get the init.rc to work. Didn't try just loading the rest of the files. Wasn't sure if that would work. I'll have to give it a try. Thanks.

The image you are using may have different loopback mounts in /system/init.rc you should only need to copy the pand service.
12th May 2009, 10:42 PM |#9  

More
Does anyone know how to use it?
After I updated the firmware, and launch pand_up.sh
an error show on next line:
error: SIOCSIFNETMASK (No such device)

I tried to pair with my MBP, it will show PAN network, but no IP address shows up
13th May 2009, 02:24 AM |#10  
Quote:
Originally Posted by armooo

The image you are using may have different loopback mounts in /system/init.rc you should only need to copy the pand service.

Yeah, I am using a different apps2sd method and general startup than the JF. My image is based on 5.0.2H but I wasn't sure if the service would run without having that. I will try it without. I am sure it'll still work just wasn't sure how efficiently. Thanks again.
13th May 2009, 09:10 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Thanks for the update!

In case someone is having issues installing this, here is a little how-to I've been using with Dude's latest rom.

Quote:

using extracted armooo1.50.1_ADP1.5.zip as YOUR_armoo1.5_adap1.5_DIRECTORY

adb remount
adb push YOUR_armoo1.5_adap1.5_DIRECTORY/system/init.rc /system/init.rc
adb push YOUR_armoo1.5_adap1.5_DIRECTORY/system/lib/libbluedroid.so /system/lib/libbluedroid.so
adb shell umount /system/xbin
adb push YOUR_armoo1.5_adap1.5_DIRECTORY/system/xbin/xbin.cramfs /system/xbin/xbin.cramfs
adb shell reboot

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)