FORUMS

Sprint Profile Update and Prl Application

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By KoolStar, Junior Member on 21st May 2009, 09:39 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I recently flashed to Mighty rom5 and i was looking for the sprint profile update and prl update application as they are not included in the mighty rom.
21st May 2009, 09:55 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
here ya go!!
Attached Files
File Type: cab Sprint-Update-Profile-&-PRL.cab - [Click for QR Code] (543.8 KB, 3001 views)
21st May 2009, 09:59 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Thankyou so very much.
22nd May 2009, 02:21 AM |#4  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Anyone know if silence roms include this?
22nd May 2009, 04:24 AM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolStar

I recently flashed to Mighty rom5 and i was looking for the sprint profile update and prl update application as they are not included in the mighty rom.

Just wondering, what does this do? I'm a Sprint user who also flashed to a new rom and I don't think it includes this (not listed anywhere in the Rom's included files/patches/etc)
22nd May 2009, 11:59 PM |#6  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadywwf316

Just wondering, what does this do? I'm a Sprint user who also flashed to a new rom and I don't think it includes this (not listed anywhere in the Rom's included files/patches/etc)

I believe it updates to the closest and most current cell towers or something around that line.
24th May 2009, 09:04 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
The profile update is to sync your phone provisioning with the actual provisioning on the account for data services. Such as if your internet does not work sometimes, a simple profile update may fix it. The prl update is the preferred roaming list, it updates the prl for the latest towers in which to roam on if you do not have signal.
26th May 2009, 06:36 AM |#8  

More
nice I was looking for this
28th May 2009, 03:28 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
I've heard rumblings that the Sprint update PRL and Profile programs didn't work under WM 6.5. Personally, I've tried them and had no luck myself, either.

If you do get them to work, I'd be interested to know...

Thanks,
BigJohn
28th May 2009, 03:30 AM |#10  

More
I couldn't get the PRL to work but when I ran the Profile update it eventually worked under 6.5 and then I was able to get the Sprint data connection active. I use EnergyROM 3.0 Phoenix.
28th May 2009, 12:59 PM |#11  
OP Junior Member

More
I have not yet been able to get the prl update to work. As previously mentioned I was able to force the profile to update both with the app and without. I used the ##3282# then edit, then restore, and it re-provisioned the phone. This will require your MSL.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)