::Tools: MisterJp, CopsFrance, Teoami, Bepe, Ervius, No2Chem, Da_G, rkrishnan2012, WoZZer
::Tests: rkrishnan2012, dustinmcd, workingman, phanishashank, philrocksgca, jesse_g, sseymour, GuardianUSMC and so many more
::Misc: rickou26 for Qvga Taskbar.
Thanks to them. Forgive me if I forgot somebody.
::Based on latest stable WM6.5 available for LG : CE 5.2.21815, build 218188.8.131.52 (15 June 2009)
::Based on official LG 10x for Modem/OEM/Drivers part
This is the 1st cooked rom for Incite, and I don't even own that phone, so please, be indulgent.
The philosophy behind this ROM is to have a small/optimized OS that could be easily personnalized. That's why I tried to clean most of AT&T stuff and only include small apps that don't evolve so much. Thanks to UC compliancy, all you have to do is to follow this tutorial to have your favorite apps automatically installed at first boot. For those who prefer a zero effort Out Of the Box Experience, have a look at my own KS20 Uc Package (apps are not up to date, it needs more work, but it's a good start. It's at the end of 1st post.). If you build one and want to share (only free apps, please), contact me and I'll update this post.
Don't ask list:
- Remove the 6 additional programs I added. Believe me, everybody will need them one day or another. Furthermore, you won't gain any single byte if I remove them (until someone releases an fixed flash.bin creator that dynamically changes partition size during rom build)
- If you want any software that I removed from official rom, download that original v10i OEMMISC dump. You should easily find what you're looking for, and if you want to share, just build a cab package and post it on xda
- Office One Note Mobile
- Sample Music
- Welcome Center
- Voice Command
- Remote Desktop Mobile
- LG Java Mobile
- Mobile Zip
- AT&T GPS
- AT&s Games & Java apps
- NetFront Browser
- Picsel Viewer
- Sprite Backup
- Startup & Shutdown animations
- Oz Instant Messenger
- XM Radio
- Links to buy online stuff...
- Microsoft Office 6.1
- Total Commander 2.5
- FdcSoft Pim Backup 2.8
- FdcSoft Task Manager 3.1 (including registry editor)
- Esmertec JBed 20090217
- Pocket Rar
- SPB Calc
- Various registry tweaks and optimizations
- xCite 2b : None I'm aware of
- xCite 3 : If you enable accelerometer, phone may freeze from time to time (display isn't refreshed anymore) (hence it's been disabled by default)
- xCite 3 : WMPlayer might not be able to read all video formats (just use coreplayer or tcpmp if you need to)
- xCite 3 : this is not an issue but I know I'll have questions about it : yes, there is still a wm6.1 boot screen. It can't be changed for now, but I can assure you the rom is full wm6.5.
Your donation is a strong incentive to continue my work.
If you find it useful, please consider making a PayPal donation (any amount is greatly appreciated).
Thanks a lot for your support.
::lewisaudio, mrphil101, chepe, Kravguy, philrocksgca, acidtreat101, leethegeek, dark9781, Funguy524, Wargasms, dustinmcd, blackwolf13, keoni34, twatts, drv027, HaMMeR-MaN, 98tiburonfx, blackwolf13, jboxer, chepe, archiArt, Mike M., SunPure, James D., Jeffrey J., drv027, Paul79UF, DesignByBob, Stas K.
The rom you downloaded is a 7Z archive (like rar or zip), you need 7Zip, winrar or any recent (-2 years old) archiver to extract it.
Then, you'll need rkrishnan2012's "Hydros Rom Updater" (check download links) (or just copy rom.dz into your LGmobileAx folder if you flashed your phone at least once on your OS).
[21 June 2009] xCite 3 Rom 5.2.21815 / Build 218184.108.40.206
[21 June 2009] xCite 2b Rom 5.2.21046 / Build 207220.127.116.11
:: Fixed A2dp not working
:: Fixed Alarms not waking up the phone
:: Patched drivers/Nk for better performance
:: Cert patched Nk
:: Changed compression to LZX
:: Added a few more tweaks
[03 June 2009] xCite 2 Rom 5.2.21046 / Build 20718.104.22.168
::Based on LG v10x rom apps/drivers
::Fully cleaned OEM (removed Oz Im, Pandora, XPressMail, XmRadio and a bunch of useless files I forgot to remove last time)
::Fixed disappearing text on landscape
::Fixed Proxy Manager Error Message
::Updated a few tweaks
[24 May 2009] xCite 1 Rom 5.2.21046 / Build 21046.1.6.3
::LG Incite Users group
::LG Incite Forum
::xCite3 Service Packs and Performance Tweaks (thanks to e20140)
:: Hydros Rom Updater (thanks rkrishnan2012) (Official thread)
:: xCite.3_ROM_5.2.21815_Build_21822.214.171.124_WWE (wm6.5)
:: xCite.2b_ROM_5.2.21046_Build_207126.96.36.199_WWE (wm6.1, working accelsensor)
Older roms :
::xCite 2a ROM 5.2.21046 Build 207188.8.131.52 WWE (no kinetic scrolling, old ie, no freezes)
::xCite 2 ROM 5.2.21046 Build 21046.1.6.3 WWE (kinetic scrolling, new ie, freezes)
::xCite 1a ROM 5.2.21046 Build 207184.108.40.206 WWE
::xCite.1 ROM 5.2.21046 Build 21046.1.6.3 WWE
::Lg Incite Windows Drivers
::Lg GM730 v10C rom (full OEM + Xip)
:: NetFront 3.5 (thanks Dark9781)
:: LG Mobile Java (thanks IchiKafka)
:: Voice Command (thanks Dark9781) (install to the device itself)
:: Sprite Backup (thanks Dark9781)
Oh, I almost forgot... As usual, I shouldn't be held responsible if using this rom results in a bricked phone, a house burned or a sudden hair loss.