NOTE: This is NOT a SIM unlocker - it also doesn't unlock Security for other radios. if you need that, GO HERE
NEWER UPDATE: Hard-SPL 2.51.OliNex! you can update to this if you already have Hard-SPL (1.33.OliNex or 1.83.OliNex). to do the update to 2.51, download attachment update_to_251.zip and simply use customruu or do an SD flash (TOPAIMG.NBH).
UPDATE: Hard-SPL 1.83.OliNex! if you have 1.33.OliNex, strongly recommended to update to this, better compatibility with WM6.5 ROMs. you can update to this in 2 ways:
- simply download new HardSPL package and run it in Automatic mode
- or you can download the attachment "update_to_183.zip" and flash it using CustomRUU. this only works if you already have 1.33.OliNex
preface: okay, it was released only this weekend! but trust me the wait was worth it as it works really great and smooth now!
important: again, don't forget, each user gets 1 license, or perhaps 2-3 on request if needed (which is valid forever and all this works as transparently as possible, so won't be a problem at all), while businesses who need to unlock more devices than that, need to purchase it.
contact us via http://support.htc-unlocks.com (do not PM on XDA!) for requesting 1-2 more devices for private user (free), and if you want to discuss bulk unlocking also contact via http://support.htc-unlocks.com or contact cmonex.
0) this package is for Topaz (Touch Diamond2, not the original Diamond1) devices. any TOPA***** accepted currently, as long as we don't see a CDMA or other special release.
1) if you have Vista / Windows 7, WMDC update to 6.1 (or whatever is latest) is recommended: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...ce-center.mspx
read this if unsure how to install Hard-SPL... if you are an experienced user and you just downloaded the HardSPL package and it worked, then cool. but if you run into an issue, then you should read the following!
1) download newest Hard-SPL package from Topaz-HardSPL_V5_00R5.zip attachment, extract to an empty folder.
2) you must Have Phone Synced with PC in Windows Mobile!!! and it must not be in Flight mode (i.e. radio should be on).
3) NEW: internet access is required as the program checks online for updates and license.
4) run Topaz-HardSPL_V5_09R6.exe on PC, make sure it's launched from a local drive (not through network drive, etc.). XP requires Admin logon, and Vista/Windows 7 will automatically prompt to allow it to run in Admin mode, allow it please. if the exe fails to run or throws an exception (i.e. crashes), report this in the thread with exact error message/code. if you get an antivirus warning, please ignore it, it contains no harmful code (just used a packer to compress it).
5) follow steps as prompted in the Hard-SPL program. if this is the first run of Hard-SPL on a device after hard reset, you must select Automatic flash mode (the first button in Welcome screen).
notes: you should usually go for Automatic flash mode; the Manual flash option is only to be used as noted below (in NOTE 3 and in troubleshooting section) and you must only attempt the Manual mode if Automatic flash mode or SSPL-Manual.exe already put device in tricolour screen. any other errors triggered while running in Autoflash mode will have to be fixed as instructed in the error message.
6) it will ask you to wait while it prepares for the flashing, press OK.
7) now it should go through without any error messages, if one does pop up, then please follow the instructions included in the error text. if no specific instruction is shown, then ask for help in the thread, but this should not ever occur (as this means a really fatal error occurred).
8) at this point the device did hopefully went to tricolour screen reporting version as 5.09.C-SSPL, this is the SSPL version, which is temporary. then RUU will instantly launch.
9) some notes: when RUU says it will hard reset, do not worry, it is not going to do that. also when it says the flash will take 10 minutes, ignore that, it will only take a minute or so.
10) SPL flashes, device automatically reboots, job done.
11) to confirm you got it installed, go into bootloader mode (tricolour screen!) and verify the screen shows 1.83.OliNex, which is the Hard-SPL version.
NOTE: you will not see the SPL version during normal boot, that is the OS version, not SPL!
to enter SPL to check version, do a soft reset while holding the "volume down" key on the left side of the device. keep holding the volume down key until you see tricolour screen which is the bootloader mode, then release it.
NOTE 2: this is unsigned Hard-SPL. no limitations on flashing ROMs. also, this has overwrite protection against HTC RUU's overwriting HSPL with a stock one, so if someone needs to revert to stock SPL for warranty reasons, a stock SPL downgrade package is posted here below. use this relocker *only* if you need to return the phone for warranty, and only use it as last step - after reflashing stock OS and radio. see steps at the end of this post about how to reflash stock SPL.
NOTE 3: anyone having problems with the device entering SSPL automatically, please copy SSPL-Manual-Topaz.exe from SSPL-Manual-Topaz.zip attachment in this post, copy it to the device and run it. then once the screen is showing SSPL, run the Hard-SPL package on the PC and you must select Manual flash option. *important*: make sure that the USB cable is plugged in and device is synced to Windows Mobile even if doing manual method.
NOTE 4: do not use this RUU for anything other than SPL flashing (i.e. hardspl or stock spl restore)!!! nothing other than SPL's made by Olinex team (using OliNex custom cert, which is not public) will flash to make SSPL more secure. if you want to flash some other rom, then use shipped RUU or topaz customRUU if you need to flash cooked ROM.
NOTE 5: for developers asking: Hard-SPL is not based on MFG SPL, as it can strictly be used for development and hacking, contact cmonex in PM if you need that one.
NOTE 6: supported OS versions: both 32-bit and 64-bit XP, Vista, Windows 7RC and later. win2000 was untested, and pre-RC win7 (lower than build 7100) is explicitly not supported. also, the program may be unstable or not work on Virtual systems, so it's recommended to try outside Virtual OS softwares. also, version verify: if Hard-SPL package says V509R in first Welcome dialog title (and version 5.09 in About box), it is the latest version, not some crappy beta/old version.
Troubleshooting and Step by Step on reflashing stock SPL are in next post below!
first, "OliNex" is a team which means: cmonex + Olipro
Olipro -> concept of EXE program that runs on the PC, Hard-SPL concept, server-side license code and maintaining the licenses.
cmonex -> HSPL package on PC, SSPL loader for windows mobile and SSPL binary. Hard-SPL binary. (SSPL loader: partially based on haret and old pof&Olipro jumpspl code),
Donations are always appreciated, the Hard-SPL program will provide you with a link at the end of the process to make it easier. any little helps!!! Thank you!! - and enjoy!!