Thanks Meter: 16

By tehseano, Senior Member on 30th May 2009, 08:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Change Log

Update: 8/26/2009 - 4:20pm EST
*Look at this, I'm updating!
*Added enhanced SMS app
*Changed the app-drawer background, default looks better than straight black
*Quite a few things removed in this version, they just weren't compatible with CM
*This will probably be my last update for the theme, I'd like to move onto another

Update: 7/4/2009 - 5:15am EST
*Just some bug fixes. Camera no longer force closes.
*Wallpaper bug fixed
*Remove tab fixed
*Fixed a few icons

Update: 7/3/2009 - 10:45pm EST
*Finally got some time and got 1.4 ready, additions include:
*HTC Music app (music widget text is still black, didn't have time to fix it)
*HTC Camera
*HTC Gallery
*Newer-look of hero, glossy title bar, flat icons.
*Added the changed icons, calendar, mms, a few others.
*Fixed the little dot on the google search bar
*All the HTC additions take up some space, so the update is a bit bigger, but if you use cyanogen's recovery image, it should flash in a breeze anyways, so who cares.

Update: 6/15/2009 - 10:00pm EST
*Not much new in 1.3.5, just some bug fixes. Fixes the arrows in settings, tabs, and folder titles.

Update: 6/15/2009 - 5:00pm EST
*Yayy, 1.3!
*Quite a bit of changes, some more noticeable as you can see from the screen shots, they as follows:
*New lock screen, you can't slide it down like Hero, frankly that is a LOT, and I mean a LOT of work. But hey, it looks dope.
*New app drawer, yes I know Rosie looks a bit different, but this is only the beginning stage, so stay tuned for more ;p
*Hero title bars, as you can see from the screenshots as well. You know get the fatter tittle bars, bigger text, flows well.
*Stars, you can see them now. No more squinting to see the ratings on market apps and such.
*Moved the dialer buttons apart, now its the same space from left to right, as it is top to button in the spacing of the buttons.
*Dialer also got some new overlay colors, they're no longer than weird lime/neon green I had, but more of the Hero green.
*Change some cursor selectors, I know I missed a few, but I fixed contact pictures, and in the music app.
*Changed the music buttons in the app, only RW, P/P, and FF, the playlist/shuffle/repeat ones use default buttons, so that'll take some more work to change, along with the grey background of the media control buttons, hopefully that can be changed in 1.4, we'll see.
*New boot screen, much sleeker.
*Added the knob on the hands of the clock widget. Hopefully I can have a mod up soon to allow use of either/or size clock.
*And thats all I can remember. As always, I'm sure you'll stumble across stuff as you play.

Update: 6/9/2009 - 7:00pm EST
*Fixed the 2x2 clock mod, the clock is now actually 2x2 hehe

Update: 6/7/2009 - 2:00am EST
*Alright crew, HTC Hero v1.2 is available now. There are a lot of small changes that I can't even remember what I've changed there's been so many, but I'm sure you'll all pick them up sooner or later. Here's a list of what I can think of the top of my head:
*Animated "loading circle"
*Progress bar (blue was an accident )
*Homescreen long-press menu icons
*Removed "g" from search bar like Hero, longer text field now.
*Landscape search bar auto complete is fixed
*Dialer "highlights"
*Camera "highlights"
*Hero title bars
*Lock screen battery changed, although that won't matter in 1.3
*Notification bar (pulled out) seperators, and thats all I can remember. Discover the rest ;p

30th May 2009, 08:06 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Detroit

Donate to Me
More
[Theme] HTC Hero v1.5.0 *Multiple ROM Support* {Updated - 8/26/2009}
=======================================
PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE READING ANYTHING ELSE!!!!!

THIS THREAD IS NO LONGER ACTIVE, I AM NO LONGER DOING ANY WORK ON THIS THEME, AND HAVEN'T BEEN FOR MANY MONTHS NOW. THERE ARE PLENTY OF OTHER HERO THEMES AVAILABLE, SO PLEASE STOP RESSURECTING THIS ANCIENT THREAD. THIS THEME DOES NOT WORK WITH THE LATEST VERSIONS OF CYANOGENMOD, NOR ANY OTHER ROM CREATED IN THE PAST 6 MONTHS. I HIGHLY SUGGEST FINDING ANOTHER HERO THEME.
=======================================

1,000+ images edited

Supported ROM(s)

Version 1.5.0+
CyanogenMod 4.0.2 [LINK]

Version 1.0.0 - 1.4.5
JF v1.50 CRB21 ADP1.5 [LINK]
JF v1.51 CRB43 ADP1.5 [LINK]

-----> HOW TO INSTALL <-----

1. Remove any icons on the 2nd and 3rd screens.

2. Flash the update.zip, do NOT wipe before flashing.

3. Allow the phone to boot up, it can take up to 5 minutes.

Download
*** This theme is now available on OpenHome and BetterKeyboard, both skins can be found in the Market, just search "hero" ***

Rename these to "update.zip" to install

Latest Release
HTC Hero v1.5.0 (7.07MB) [Rapidshare] | [4shared]

Previous Releases
HTC Hero v1.4.5 (13.0MB) [Rapidshare] | [4shared]
HTC Hero v1.4.0 (13.0MB) [Rapidshare] | [4shared]
HTC Hero v1.3.5 (5.87MB) [Rapidshare] | [4shared]
HTC Hero v1.3.0 (5.88MB) [Rapidshare] | [4shared]
HTC Hero v1.2.0 (5.78MB) [Rapidshare] | [4shared]
HTC Hero v1.1.0 (5.69MB) [Rapidshare] | [4shared]
HTC Hero v1.0.0 (5.64MB) [Rapidshare] | [4shared]
HTC Hero Beta4 (5.66MB) [Rapidshare] | [4shared]
HTC Hero Beta3 (6.03MB) [Rapidshare] | [4shared]
HTC Hero Beta2 (6.00MB) [Rapidshare] | [4shared]
HTC Hero Beta1 (6.14MB) [Rapidshare] | [4shared]

Theme Modifications
Rename these to "update.zip" to install

2x2 Night Clock Widget (93.5kb) [Rapidshare] | [4shared]
4x3 Night Clock Widget (140kb) [Rapidshare] | [4shared]
4x3 Day Clock Widget (141kb) [Rapidshare] | [4shared]

Extract these to sdcard to install

HTC Hero Sounds [Rapidshare] | [4shared]
HTC Hero Wallpapers [Rapidshare] | [4shared]

FAQ
Please check this these BEFORE posting a problem.
Quote:

1.) You do such great work, like, omg! How can I help?
Well since you can't email prostitutes, any donations would help greatly. There's a link in my signature if you'd like to donate. If you can't do that, then download the file below from Rapidshare.com. Make sure to download it as a free user (if you have a premium account). This will at least help me continue my Premium account. There's nothing special about it, just a 10mb picture, and it doesn't cost you a dime
Rapidshare Donate

2.) Will you support other ROM's like Cyanogen's, or TheDude's?
I will not port my theme to any other ROM until it is finished. I don't want to have to make updates for 7 different builds, and continuously update each one. So once the theme is finished, I will begin porting it to other ROM's, for the mean time please stop asking when I will port it to xx ROM. Other users have begun porting my theme, use the search function and I'm sure you'll find support for another ROM.

3.) Can you port over the xxxx app from Hero?
We're lucky that the apps that have been ported over worked. Most of the apps from Hero require certain libraries from the Hero build environment, and won't work on any build BUT Hero. If any get ported over, you will see them here.

4.) I flashed the theme, but now all I can see is the status bar, everything else is black!
As mentioned in the installation instructions, you need to clear the 2nd and 3rd screens on your desktop of any icons. The new Hero clock takes up more space, and if the space it needs is already taken, you will get a black screen like so.

5.) I have two music apps, did something go wrong?
On the contrary, the new HTC Music app does not overwrite the standard Music app. The Music app with the updated icon is the HTC Music app. You can remove the old one via ADB by doing the following:

Code:
adb remount
adb shell rm -r /system/app/Music.apk

6.) I'm running Cyanogen's x.x.x build and it removed xxxxx feature!!
As I mentioned, I am ONLY supporting JF Builds at the moment. There are features I would like to incorporate, but they take time. So please be patient, and allow me to work on fixing the problems. Many users take it upon themselves to make temporary fixes for the problem, so read up on the issue before replying about it.

7.) My camera is in black and white, WTF!!!
It's just a setting issue from the previous Camera app. Simply hit Menu > Reset to Defaults, and you should be right as rain.

8.) When in landscape mode, the lockscreen looks funny!
Meh, yeah. I didn't even know the lockscreen worked in landscape mode, so I was surprised anyone noticed it either. I don't have any plans on fixing it really, it looks sick in portrait mode, and thats where you see it 99% of the time. MAYBE, I'll fix it later? But don't expect it anytime soon, sorry.

9.) When I turn the orientation setting off, my home screen still rotates. WHAT THE FRONT DOOR!!!
Yeah I know, it's being worked on. In the mean time, don't try and look at your phone sideways!

CHANGE LOG MOVED TO NEXT POST

Disclaimer

As always with any theme, I am not responsible for any damages done to your phone. No one is forcing you to download and install this, so by doing so you agree that you are doing so at your own free will. I will do my best to help with any problems encountered but I will not be held responsible if you brick your phone.
30th May 2009, 08:27 PM |#3  
Flag Lansing, MI
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I'm on google ion, but would be willing to flash back to JF 1.5 ADP if you posted some screens.
30th May 2009, 08:48 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Detroit

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccyrowski

I'm on google ion, but would be willing to flash back to JF 1.5 ADP if you posted some screens.

Check out the Hero ROM threads and look at those screen shots. I can't run it myself so I can't take screen shots, that's what I'd need one of you to do.

EDIT: What I can do, is use a screenshot of my current Hero build, and it is what this theme SHOULD look like.
30th May 2009, 10:27 PM |#5  
Flag Lansing, MI

More
Ok so I went from Google ION r2 with appstosd -> JF 1.5 ADP w/o wipe, then to the WIP hero theme w/o wipe and was able to boot without a problem.

The only thing that hasn't worked so far is the audio manager widget, other than that everything works fine.
30th May 2009, 11:00 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehseano

Well I don't like RC builds, nor do I want to have to run a Linux VM just to design themes for a build I don't use. So, sorry if you don't use it.

Im on the US build... whats the diff? Is the 1.51adp better?
30th May 2009, 11:26 PM |#7  
Flag Way too hot in, California
Thanks Meter: 15

More
To the OP - Do you have any screenshots?

To the guinea pig () - Could you possibly try with a wipe? That way you can determine if it's the theme that's not allowing the widget to work or if it was because you didn't wipe.
31st May 2009, 02:33 AM |#8  
Flag Lansing, MI

More
Haha, I have some pics I sent to the OP but I'll wait for him to release them as it is still a work in progress. I does look good though. If he decides to use me as his guinea pig again I'll try with a wipe and see if that is the issue.
31st May 2009, 03:25 AM |#9  

More
ill beta test for ya
Im using the HERO beta 4 build from haykuro, do you want me to change back to the JF v1.5 build?
31st May 2009, 06:54 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Detroit

Donate to Me
More
Ok, I'm switching over to ADP1.5 now and will get some work and screenshots up of this theme.
31st May 2009, 04:23 PM |#11  

More
Im running ADP 1.5 and I would be more than happy to be a guinea pig =P
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)