FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

MS3 Config v0.16 - Many new features!

548 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By volDeus, Senior Member on 7th June 2009, 06:48 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
This project is no longer active due do a hard-drive crash and my loss of the source code.. To anyone looking for an active and up-to-date solution, I would suggest naong's MobileSense and his BackgroundChanger. It is very similar to MS3Config and I believe he will be implementing more features as time goes on.

Spb Mobile Shell 3 Configuration Utility (MS3Config v0.16)
---------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a small application I am developing that I hope will evolve into a full-fledged skin editor for Spb Mobile Shell 3. At the moment it only has the ability to change panel backgrounds (among some other helpful tool options), but it has a decent GUI and is unique in that it does not overwrite any changes that have previously been made to your copy of MS3 by other skins or widget packs... I have a long way to go but take a look at the features in the changes list and the planned features below it... Please give as much feedback as possible, good or bad, and don't hesitate to make suggestions... This is my attempt at giving back to the community, please enjoy it ...

9/6/9 - Changes and bug-fixes (v0.16):
--1. Added the ability to add and remove images or backgrounds, and choose which background is applied to which panel.
--2. Added image rotation, re-sizing, and re-naming.
--3. Added thumbnails in the panels and backgrounds tabs.
--4. Added selectable viewing options "Large icons", and "Small icons" in all tabs with thumbnails.
--5. Added "check all", "un-check all", and "assign to checked" options in the panels tab for easier and faster background changing.
--6. WVGA and WQVGA scrolling problem fixed.
--7. Added the "Carousel" tab for manipulating your panel carousel or tiled panel view. Allows adding, removing, re-naming, and re-ordering the items in your panel views.
--8. Added new file picking dialog for adding images and choosing an external image editor. Includes a more intuitive split tree and file view with icons and image thumbnails. Also adds the ability to change the view type and delete or re-name files.
--9. Added more panels to the "Panels" tab.
--10. Added more utilities to the options dialog.
--11. Alot more small changes and bug-fixes I can't remember.

------------- Quick Start Instructions: -------------

PLEASE USE THE File>Backup OPTION TO BACKUP FILES THAT WILL BE MODIFIED BEFORE MAKING ANY CHANGES... I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE, INCONVIENIENCE TO YOUR DAILY ROUTINE, OR ANNOYANCE TO YOUR GEEKING/TWEEKING EXPERIENCE...

-- 1. Download the .CAB at the end of the post and install (The VGA and QVGA versions differ only in the size of the included sample images)
-- 2. Run "MS3 Config".
-- 3. Tap on the "Images" tab and use the context menus to add and prepare your images.
-- 4. Tap on the "Backgrounds" tab and use the context menus to add and prepare your background. (A background is a set of two images that will be used for Portrait and Landscape views in your panels)
-- 5. Tap on the "Panels" tab and use the check boxes to enable or disable skinning for each panel. Use the context menus to assign a background to each panel.
-- 6. Open the "File" menu and choose "Apply changes".
-- 7. Tap "Yes" when prompted to re-start Mobile Shell 3.
-- 8. Exit MS3 Config, wait for Mobile Shell 3 to start, and admire your changes.

Requirements:
Tested on my Touch Pro and Mogul, both are running custom WM6.5 ROMs ...
Also tested on various platforms through emulators.
Requirements should be:
-- 1. WM6 or higher...
-- 2. .NET CF 3.5 Runtimes installed...
-- 3. Spb Mobile Shell 3 installed.
Attached Files
File Type: cab MS3_Config_v0_16_FINAL_VGA.CAB - [Click for QR Code] (1.63 MB, 8800 views)
File Type: cab MS3_Config_v0_16_FINAL_QVGA.CAB - [Click for QR Code] (750.6 KB, 8805 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to volDeus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift volDeus Ad-Free
7th June 2009, 06:49 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Las Vegas, NV

More
Exclamation
MS3Config v0.15 with VGA backgrounds included
MS3Config v0.15 with QVGA backgrounds included

6/22/9 - Changes (v0.15):
-- 1. Scrolling bug fixed.
-- 2. Added two more slots to the Images panel.
-- 3. Now includes original artwork by volDeus and MoonCat.
-- 4. Images are now more evenly distributed throughout available panels.
-- 5. All images are now converted to optimal format for MS3 performance and low memory use.
-- 6. Added "Global Background" image slot and panel option.
-- 7. Added standard panels; Contact - Select Picture, FaceBook Contact Selector, FaceBook Picture Selector, FaceBook Sign-In, Spb Menu Items.
-- 8. Replaced "Restart MS3" menu item with expanding menu including; Status, Stop, Start, Restart.
-- 9. Added "Select All" and "Select None" buttons to the "Panels" tab.
-- 10. Removed "Vertical Slide" image slots and changed corresponding panels to full-screen, fixed backgrounds.
-- 11. Added link to home forum thread in about page.
-- 12. Other minor bugfixes.

MS3 Config v0.14 Download

6/8/9 - Changes (v0.14):
-- 1. Image format support added; Jpeg, GIF, PNG
-- 2. Bugfixes.

MS3 Config v0.13 Download

6/8/9 - Changes (v0.13):
-- 1. Bugfixes.

MS3 Config v0.12 Download

6/8/9 - Changes (v0.12):
-- 1. Added settings file "MS3C.xml" to installation folder ... Directory paths that MS3Config will use can be set here..
-- 2. New image browser.

MS3 Config v0.11 Download

6/7/9 - Changes (v0.11):
-- 1. Added panels; Panel Carousel, Panel Carousel (accelerated), Contact - Edit Picture, Favorite Contacts.

MS3 Config v0.10 Download

6/6/9 - Changes (v0.10):
-- 1. Full parsing of MS3's XML files to prevent problems with other Spb Mobile Shell 3 add-ons and mods.
-- 2. Backup and Restore options.
-- 3. Ability to choose which panels will be modified.
-- 4. Ability to undo changes simply by disabling the panel that was changed.
-- 5. Image browser shows the current images as thumbnails and allows choosing a different file or opening the file in your associated image editor.
-- 6. Checking for redundant packing and unpacking now makes applying small changes much faster than in ALPHA.
-- 7. Ability to quickly restart Spb Mobile Shell 3 to view your changes.
-- 8. Progress is indicated wherever possible.

Planned Changes:
-- 1. Ability to add more images to the "Images" tab.
-- 2. Ability to choose which image is applied to each panel individually.
-- 3. More panels available to modify.
-- 4. Ability to resize images and alter bounding rectangles to control behaviour during kinetic scrolling and panning. (Especially with long panels like the Launcher and Spb Start Menu)
-- 5. Ability to Import/Export skin settings for moving to another device.
-- 6. Error checking and logging so that I can respond to bugs that people with other devices might find.
-- 7. Incorporate common tricks and tweaks available from the community for for easy installation/removal .. and the ability to combine tricks and mods that otherwise might over-write each other.
-- 8. Detect and save changes made by other mods, skins, or widget packs so that they can be combined with each other and with the content already available in MS3Config.

The "About" tab.
General information about MS3Config.

The "Panels" tab.
Use this tab to choose which MS3 panels you want to change the background of.

The "Images" tab.
Use this tab to view and change the images that will be used for backgrounds.

The Professional Panel with the included background applied.

The Tiled Panel View with included backgrounds applied.
7th June 2009, 08:12 AM |#3  
Flag Bergen
Thanks Meter: 28

More
can't get it to work on my samsung omnia.

It starts up, but when i press "panels" i get an error and the program is stopping.
7th June 2009, 10:24 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Las Vegas, NV

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahus

can't get it to work on my samsung omnia.

It starts up, but when i press "panels" i get an error and the program is stopping.

Is your copy of MS3 a clean install?
7th June 2009, 10:36 AM |#5  
Flag Bergen
Thanks Meter: 28

More
no i have installed msskips widgets
7th June 2009, 11:18 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Las Vegas, NV

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahus

no i have installed msskips widgets

I just did a quick test and it's working fine on my TP with mskips base package and with his launcher_taskbar_contacts package ...

Hopefully I'll be able to help you more once I've added logging to the app.
7th June 2009, 03:07 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
maybe you add function to disable things connected with GSM?
some people use pocket pc without GSM module
7th June 2009, 04:06 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Las Vegas, NV

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozziuss

maybe you add function to disable things connected with GSM?
some people use pocket pc without GSM module

The application was developed and tested on a CDMA device ...

I didn't think that anything in it would have been affected by the radio type anyway ... Which things are you talking about specifically?
7th June 2009, 04:08 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Las Vegas, NV

More
Come on people ... over 160 views including v0.1 and no more comments? ... Please if you take the time to install and try it out .. Let me know if it worked and if you like it ...

Thanks ...
7th June 2009, 06:06 PM |#10  
Flag Antwerp
Thanks Meter: 9

More
not working on diamond
Hello,

Tried it on Diamond. Program itself is working fine, but it actually changes nothing.

Backgrounds stay the same as original.

Sorry.

Kind regards
7th June 2009, 08:08 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Las Vegas, NV

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducati

Hello,

Tried it on Diamond. Program itself is working fine, but it actually changes nothing.

Backgrounds stay the same as original.

Sorry.

Kind regards

Have you tried changing the backgrounds to some of your own? I installed the app on my friend's Mogul this morning and noticed that everything was patched correctly but only half of the panels actually showed backgrounds ...

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the resolutions of the images I included are meant for VGA displays ...

Try changing the images to something smaller and let me know what happens
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)