Version 3 was completely rebuilt from scratch. I incorporated the new HTC update, as well as added mytouch support (sapphire 32b). This build will also fit any spl, so you need not worry about which spl you have or which version to download. Themes coming soon... (i hate not being themed)
(There's 2 builds available now. The regular will work with any spl, and the extended build has been "odexed". The odexed build should be slightly faster, and will also give you full space on your data partition. All themes that get developed will be for one or the other, and not compatible between the 2)
- Yes, this will work on your mytouch (sapphire 32b), rogers, or dream/G1 device
- Please check this thread by haykuro before flashing this on a rogers phone!!
- To add all the ringtones, alarms, and notification sounds back on the phone download the sounds.zip file from download page, and add those 3 directories to the root of your sdcard. Viola, you now have audio.
Also hero and standard wallpapers are available for download.
This Build is constantly getting worked on, so looking at the change log to figure out what your getting can be confusing. So here it is in a nutshell...(as of September 29, 2009)
DO NOT RUN ANY OTHER APPS2SD APPLICATIONS ON THIS BUILD. YOU WILL BREAK YOUR SYSTEM. THEY ARE NOT NECESSARY BECAUSE THIS ROM WILL DO A2SD AUTOMATICALLY AND BETTER!
- Built with Cyanogen's kernel and ramdisk (4.0.4)
(please, please visit his thread. a lot of those same rules apply here
i modified his a2sd script and ramdisk to be more suited for this build, also dalvik-cache stays on internal memory and not on sdcard when a2sd is active)
* UNIVERSAL! Runs on both Dream and Magic 32B
* Does not require "DangerSPL"
* Now identifies itself as either T-Mobile G1 or myTouch
* Enhanced ramdisk which uses optimal mount options and smart startup
* Includes E2FSProgs for checking and converting Ext filesystems
* Apps2SD is automatic! All you need is a second partition (ext).
* Includes script to upgrade to ext3 (from recovery mode, see FAQ)
* Supports ext2/ext3/ext4 for Apps2SD
* Clean filesystem shutdown at poweroff/reboot, and fsck at boot (no FS corruption!)
* Highly optimized kernel with many extra modules
* Maximum CPU scaling frequency set to 528MHz with latency tweaks
* Runs /system/sd/userinit.sh after A2SD setup and before starting the runtime for user scripts
* Compcache 0.6 enabled by default (if no userinit is present)
* Linux cgroups for better app prioritization
- Optimized with JF build environment (adp)
- Updated busybox (terminal)
- Newest Google Maps app
- "English - United States" comes up in locale
- fix_permissions in bin (its called "fixperm" in this build) (terminal)
- rwsystem and rosystem in bin (easily remount system as read/write or read only) (terminal)
- changed a font that was bout 2mb bigger than normal
- added powertop, htop, nano, and some other stuff (terminal)
- added Browser enhancements from loccy
- added MMS enhancements from rgv151
- added OpenOBEX commandline tools ported by Erin Yueh (terminal)
- added terminal
- added spareparts
- added ion's libhtc_ril.so (for 3G icon instead of H, HD quality in youtube)
- added launcher in portrait mode has 5 x 4 icons, in landscape mode it has 6x3 icons
- added allow protected downloads
- added reboot function that works
- added haykuro's apn list with updated apns
- added man(ual) pages to bin (ex: man ls, man cp, etc.. in terminal to study busybox commands)
- added voice search
- removed all roger apps
- removed Chinese ime
- removed all foreign keyboard layouts
- removed all but needed ringtones, alarms, notifications.
- removed all but needed wallpapers.
- fixed sms/mms issues (led's/missing txt's)
- optimized all png's to cut down on size
- re-compressed most apk's to cut down on size
- optimized all apk's with zipalign
* To Do *
^BETTER ORGANIZE THIS POST, ITS A MESS
^port stericsons lock screen
^Add some script goodies
^Keep up with cyanogen (try at least)
^port cyanogens settings tweak (modversion, ext partition space)
^evaluate my progress to give credit where due
Extended (odex, requires .2005 spl or mytouch)
Mirror2 (mobile/wget friendly)