FORUMS

[APP] Jmz Lockscreen Changer v2.0 [2009.10.23] VGA/WVGA

3,628 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,498

By jmz, Inactive Recognized Developer on 8th June 2009, 05:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
It works for what it was designed to do. Change any image of yours to the background image of the 6.5 lockscreen. I have not been able to find any bugs in this but will promptly attempt to fix whatever the issue may be.

Known Issues:
Does not change the image on the taskbar. Currently looking into the solution for it.

To Do:
Add ability to change the lockscreen slider to wherever user wants on screen.

Changelog:
Code:
V2.0
-Completely rewritten from scratch
-Used ManilaSDK for format

V1.1
-Added option to restore original settings
-Fixed IOException error if you try to change it more than once

V1.0
-Initial Release
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot5[1].jpg
Views:	2032
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	240177  
Attached Files
File Type: cab Jmz Lockscreen Changer v2.0.cab - [Click for QR Code] (380.0 KB, 969 views)
8th June 2009, 06:58 PM |#2  
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 27

More
thanks much. was getting kind of tired of my lockscreen always being the same as my today screen
8th June 2009, 10:51 PM |#3  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Lawton, OK

More
Can I get some feedback from people that have used this?
9th June 2009, 01:25 AM |#4  
Flag Austin, TX

More
sorry, didnt work for me. threw out an exception looking for program files/jmz/..........LS_Global 480x640.cpr. to that effect
9th June 2009, 01:28 AM |#5  
Flag Lawton, OK

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwill

sorry, didnt work for me. threw out an exception looking for program files/jmz/..........LS_Global 480x640.cpr. to that effect

Did you install to memory card or internal storage??
9th June 2009, 01:55 AM |#6  
Flag Lawton, OK

More
Quote:

Sorry, found the problem. It was just a bad cab. It has been fixed. Also, the image must be 480x640 already or you will get an error.
9th June 2009, 02:06 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I tried doing this manually too, but the taskbar still uses the image from the today screen. Is it the same using this app? Or did you find a workaround for it? I have an Omnia so I can't use this.
9th June 2009, 02:19 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmztaylor

This is a first release software for me. So please be gentle. It works for what it was designed to do. Change any image of yours to the background image of the 6.5 lockscreen. I have not been able to find any bugs in this but will promptly attempt to fix whatever the issue may be.

Known Issues:
Image filter is not working. If you select something other than an image it will crash.

To Do:
Add support for other resolutions as the resolution settings are hardcoded.
Add ability to change the lockscreen slider to wherever user wants on screen.

Changelog:

Code:
V1.0
-Initial Release

Download available at my site.

That looks very promising. I've already wrote my own code ( I already know xml and html) to change the bg separately and i've gotten pretty good at customizing cpr files as well but once the lock slider feature gets implemented , it will definitely save people alot of time customizing it to their liking!
Keep up the good work,

dwizzy130
9th June 2009, 02:48 AM |#9  
Flag Coimbatore
Thanks Meter: 500

Donate to Me
More
Request:
I want QVGA Soon.
Thanks for the Application.
9th June 2009, 04:04 AM |#10  
Flag Austin, TX

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmztaylor

Sorry, found the problem. It was just a bad cab. It has been fixed. Also, the image must be 480x640 already or you will get an error.

alright, that fixed it and works now. but, now the topbar stays the same as the today screen image. so, you end up with the image you selected and the topbar for the image of the today screen
edit== one more thing is once you uninstall the app, the lockscreen keeps the selected image. i even deleted the jmz folder in program files, then changed themes and i still cant get rid of it. any ideas how to get the default behavior back? finally, i reinstalled the app again and now it wont let me change the wallpaper..it keeps crashing
9th June 2009, 01:06 PM |#11  
Flag Lawton, OK

More
Quote:

alright, that fixed it and works now. but, now the topbar stays the same as the today screen image. so, you end up with the image you selected and the topbar for the image of the today screen
edit== one more thing is once you uninstall the app, the lockscreen keeps the selected image. i even deleted the jmz folder in program files, then changed themes and i still cant get rid of it. any ideas how to get the default behavior back? finally, i reinstalled the app again and now it wont let me change the wallpaper..it keeps crashing

Yes, to my investigating, the topbar seems to be hardcoded somewhere. I will look into it more, but if anything it is part of the start menu cpr. But I will definately look into it. I have put in a restore backup option to put the lockscreen back to default. I think I have error trapped all the IOExceptions. And I also fixed the problem of going back and changing it again. Thanks for your patience.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)