Noverca HTC Rom - Vodafone Magic - TESTING

236 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By nk02, Senior Member on 9th June 2009, 07:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
hi. it's just a port of daldroid's rom

Quote:
Originally Posted by daldroid

OK, I tried to prepare a working rom for you. No patches respect to my original mod for the "other Magics" except for APN list.
changed the kernel and wifi driver for your device, but I'm not able to test it.
So, please, flash this only if you are used to flash firmware and prepared to have a non working system.
I REPEAT. I made this ROM without testing if bootable or working on vodafone and likes Magics. Be prepared to reflash a previous working rom you already flashed and tested.

WARNING !!! WARNING !!!! Please read all the post before trying to flash
FLASH THIS ROM AT YOUR OWN RISK. IT'S UNTESTED

1) Download the file daldroid-untested-vodamagic-signed.zip
2) rename it to update.zip
3) copy to the sdcard
4) start in recovery mode, WIPE and try to update.

Let me know if it works for you.
SUGGESTION: If you can resist to the temptation, allow for somebody else to post if it works or not! ;)

------ EDIT ----
WARNING THIS ROM IS ONLY FOR VODAFONE AND COMPATIBLE MAGICs. DO NOT EVEN TRY TO FLASH IT ON TIM, ORIGINAL HTC AND MORE IN GENERAL EVERY DEVICE YOU TESTED WITH MY DALDROID ROM RELEASED IN THE OTHER THREAD

WAIT for the download link. Uploading right now
--------------
only english: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=61EQ1YCS
es_pirulo multilanguage http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2OJDFD31
nk02 multilanguage beta2 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NFHDQFL5 <- with market fix
nk02 multilanguage beta3 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7OM7CE9R <- market fix + superuser + busybox

--------------

9th June 2009, 07:08 PM |#2  
Flag Næstved
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Thumbs up
Thx - we will test it out.....
9th June 2009, 08:33 PM |#3  
Flag Aalborg
Thanks Meter: 3,114

Donate to Me
More
Any one try ir yet?
9th June 2009, 09:06 PM |#4  

More
Tested and big bugs for me:

1.- cannot create or sync contacts (manually, google contacts or exchange contacts)
2.- cannot finish google account wizard. It says something about "open your keyboard" and cannot continue.

Anyone have the same problems??
9th June 2009, 09:21 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by es_pirulo

1.- cannot create or sync contacts (manually, google contacts or exchange contacts)
2.- cannot finish google account wizard. It says something about "open your keyboard" and cannot continue.

Sorry, I'm not able to test this version of the rom because it doesn't run on my TIM magic. Maybe something related to boot.img working for vodafone, maybe something related to fixups.
The original was only an almost vanilla mod of the original rom kindly dumped by joost39. (added adb shell root and disabled rom secure)

Sorry for asking, but did you wipe your existing data and cache partitions when switching from your former rom?

If bugs are confirmed I could try to generate an image as similar to the original as I can (I'll have to change the kernel and wifi, however, but the problems you are reporting don't appear related to HW support in the kernel).

If you didn't wipe, try a wipe of the data and let us know.

Bye
daldroid
9th June 2009, 09:32 PM |#6  

More
Quote:

Sorry, I'm not able to test this version of the rom because it doesn't run on my TIM magic. Maybe something related to boot.img working for vodafone, maybe something related to fixups.
The original was only an almost vanilla mod of the original rom kindly dumped by joost39. (added adb shell root and disabled rom secure)

Sorry for asking, but did you wipe your existing data and cache partitions when switching from your former rom?

If bugs are confirmed I could try to generate an image as similar to the original as I can (I'll have to change the kernel and wifi, however, but the problems you are reporting don't appear related to HW support in the kernel).

If you didn't wipe, try a wipe of the data and let us know.

Bye
daldroid

I've made the process of "apply updates" two times (both of them wiping first).

I'll try to format the sd card and start the process again.

I think it's something related with the HTC Dialer.
9th June 2009, 09:39 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by es_pirulo

I have the same proplems, I hope that nk02 will fix this
9th June 2009, 11:29 PM |#8  
Flag Næstved

More
No its not working.... Yet :)
9th June 2009, 11:31 PM |#9  

More
OK, I tried to prepare a working rom for you. No patches respect to my original mod for the "other Magics" except for APN list.
changed the kernel and wifi driver for your device, but I'm not able to test it.
So, please, flash this only if you are used to flash firmware and prepared to have a non working system.
I REPEAT. I made this ROM without testing if bootable or working on vodafone and likes Magics. Be prepared to reflash a previous working rom you already flashed and tested.

3) copy to the sdcard

SUGGESTION: If you can resist to the temptation, allow for somebody else to post if it works or not! ;)

------ EDIT ----
WARNING THIS ROM IS ONLY FOR VODAFONE AND COMPATIBLE MAGICs. DO NOT EVEN TRY TO FLASH IT ON TIM, ORIGINAL HTC AND MORE IN GENERAL EVERY DEVICE YOU TESTED WITH MY DALDROID ROM RELEASED IN THE OTHER THREAD

--------------
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=61EQ1YCS
--------------
10th June 2009, 06:49 AM |#10  
Flag Næstved

More
Smile
I´ll test it out when my new Vodafoneunit arrives! Thx Daldroid :)
10th June 2009, 07:08 AM |#11  

More
Quote:

3) copy to the sdcard

------ EDIT ----

--------------
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=61EQ1YCS
--------------

I'm going to work now. I'll try it this afternoon.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htc, sapphire

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)