FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

my guide to take apart the excalibur (42 pics)

1,064 posts
Thanks Meter: 99

By skaroger867, Senior Member on 13th June 2009, 08:28 PM
Thread Deleted Email Thread
*****WARNING*****
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE YOU MAY DO TO YOUR EXCALIBUR
PLEASE USE PRECAUTION AGAINST STATIC CHARGE
*****WARNING*****

ok after more than an hour of taking pictures and editing im finally ready to upload them and be done with this. geeze you cooks must have some patience! my hats off to ya...so here we go...hope this helps atleast one person out there to make it worth my time.

ok to start we are going to need a t6 screwdriver, a prying tool a percision phillips screwdriver. (I ADVISE YOU USE A ANTI-STATIC WRISTBAND TOO)

so flip your dash over, remove the battery cover, take the battery out, and set off to the side. locate the rubber pieces from the picture below and remove them with your prying tool.

this next part is VERY important. note the void sticker over the top of the right screw. by opening your case you void any warrenty that may be active. just use you t6 to remove both of the screw (note they are silver)

now we only have four more screws to remove to get the back panel off, they are circled in red below, use your t6 again here. these screws are black

with all the screws out of the back panel you now need to take your prying tool and put in between the back panel and the chrome piece on the dash, if this is your first time it will be tight. dont be afraid to use a little force. (on the real tight spots is where it latches, that where you need to pry)

now comes the part i found a little different between my two dash's. the one made in china is the one i used in this guide (i have included a picture of the other one to show the differences). go ahead and remove the back panel. on my china dash the wire to the battery thing was NOT connected to the back panel and on my other dash it WAS connected to the back panel.

i didnt circle it but in the second picture you can see a wire going to the back panel and in the first picture you dont see that. in the next step you can see it nice and snug under the connector.

now locate the connection from the picture below and lift it out of the socket. easy to do just use your nail on the end and lift up.

the circled red connector below holds that cabel on, just use your nails and lift straight up on this and set it off to the side. i sat it in the spot on the back panel that it was on with my other dash

with thoes done we move on to the next spot, with again is circled in red below. use your prying tool, as pictured, to open the latch up.

13th June 2009, 08:28 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag In a galaxy far far away...

More

here i used my nails and removed the "cable" by using the two tiny tabs on the side

the next thing we need to disconnect is below. again use your prying tool to open the latch like you did before.

once you have it open use remove the "cable" by using the circled tab

now the we almost have the mobo off. soo use the t6 to remove the screw, this is also a silver screw but, as noted, their is a difference in size.

the last thing holding the mobo on is two clips, and guess what? their pictured below...

\

i just used my nail to hold one back a little and lifted the mobo out and set it aside. ( the picture shows the "front" of it)

the antenna just lifts off, but you dont need to remove it

and this is what you should see now

were now ready to remove that chrome piece, note that the two circled "cables" go THROUGH the chrome piece.

13th June 2009, 08:29 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More

i used the prying tool to remove the chrome piece, it came off really easy. hopefully it does the same for you

and heres a picture showing the "cables" that go through the chrome piece

set the chrome piece off to the side, and were almost done here

now its time to remove that lcd, which is so easly broken for most people. see the circled peice on the back? that grounds it out, just peel it off. and remove the lcd. i just put my hand over it and flipped the phone over. it came right out and i set it off to the side

now we can see the finish line

their are 3 screws to remove to get the keyboard pcb board off. use a percision phillips screwdriver (the one pictured in my first post is just a small phillips, it worked just fine)

set it off to the side and the keypads will just fall out if you turn the phone over

and thats it. i did not include how to remove the jogger bar, i have not done soo, no need to. if you do please take pictures to add to the guide.

please let me know what you think. i have included all the pictures in a zip file, they are a little better quality.
Attached Files
File Type: zip guide.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.49 MB, 431 views)
13th June 2009, 09:44 PM |#4  
Flag ATL
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thanks xDD
Now, when I find the new housing I want, I can finally do it.
13th June 2009, 10:03 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phuKKah

Thanks xDD
Now, when I find the new housing I want, I can finally do it.

what kind of housing are you looking for? just the tmobile housing or htc housing?
13th June 2009, 10:31 PM |#6  
Flag Missouri
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Good post!! Just hope I never have to reference it
13th June 2009, 11:54 PM |#7  
Moderator Emeritus
Flag XDA Server Likes: The Art of War Hates: Cowards
Thanks Meter: 520

Donate to Me
More
Very helpful post

Can you do it in reverse too please JK
14th June 2009, 12:50 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylez

Very helpful post

Can you do it in reverse too please JK

its simple all you need is a hammer....lol

i figured someone would say it. hehe
14th June 2009, 04:28 AM |#9  
Flag ATL
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaroger867

what kind of housing are you looking for? just the tmobile housing or htc housing?

I'm actually looking for a translucent housing, kinda like what I used to do to my original Xbox.
14th June 2009, 06:47 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phuKKah

I'm actually looking for a translucent housing, kinda like what I used to do to my original Xbox.

thats right, i remember a thread on that a little while ago. if you ever find it let me know, id love to have that too. maybe a translucent black or blue one.

i just wanna remove the damn t mobile logo but dont know how to do so without scatching the case. as you can see in the first post, where i scratched it removing the logo lol
14th June 2009, 02:51 PM |#11  
Flag Rosario
Thanks Meter: 16

More
WOOOW, awesome man, this is 1 a hell of job
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread