FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[PROBLEM] my hardware keyboard problem

434 posts
Thanks Meter: 24

By kiay, Senior Member on 15th June 2009, 08:06 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi there, i don't know if this problem exist on you guys' ROM, no matter what ROMs i flashed, the problem still exists, which is when i try to type something using my hardware keyboard, everytime after a couple of words i typed, the "."(full stop symbol) will automatically came out without typing it... and i just check out to take some screenshot to show you guys, now even WORSE, it just simply capitalized my word randomly, and somtimes it will just spaced up twice even if i just press the spacebar once, anyone facing this problem as well?
screenshot are like below...

can anyone please help me out with this? is there anyone facing this problem as well?

15th June 2009, 04:37 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brisbane!!!

More
why these isn't anyone can help me out with this even after 33 views? can anyone please help me out?
15th June 2009, 07:26 PM |#3  
Flag Bergen
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Try not to use the spell checker. try to use the ABC...
I haven't seen that problem before. I just wanted to give you a answer :P
23rd June 2009, 11:53 PM |#4  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Talking
Try updating/editing your dictionary. It seems that it has an entry for that kind of word (where the 2nd letter is capitalized.). Try this link.

http://www.fuzemobility.com/edit-you...omplete-words/
24th June 2009, 02:59 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brisbane!!!

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Glitch~

Try updating/editing your dictionary. It seems that it has an entry for that kind of word (where the 2nd letter is capitalized.). Try this link.

http://www.fuzemobility.com/edit-you...omplete-words/

thx for the link, i'll try it later, but i think it's a hardware issue, because there are more n more people having the "spacebar" issue which i have it as well in this forum, i can see it everywhere in Raphael forum, so i guess mayb i'll send it back for warranty if i could...
3rd July 2009, 05:36 AM |#6  
Flag Manila

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiay

thx for the link, i'll try it later, but i think it's a hardware issue, because there are more n more people having the "spacebar" issue which i have it as well in this forum, i can see it everywhere in Raphael forum, so i guess mayb i'll send it back for warranty if i could...

Yeah. I'm having that 'space' issue either. It's accumulating dust. Could be the reason, and I'm going to the (HTC) service guys here in Manila. (there are no replacements here in our country.)
3rd July 2009, 04:57 PM |#7  

More
Hopefully this isn't a hardware issue, I have seen the spacebar issue and that has usually always been hardware, but the "." is odd, haven't seen this so much, may both be hardware related if hard resets and random ROM's don't fix it. In this case, if you can get a your keyboard replaced and it still does it then I'm not sure whats going on, I'm guessing it is your keyboard though. These fail due to pressure overtime on the cable directly under the spacebar. It attaches to the keyboard right beneath the keyboard almost and can wear overtime or come unseated or torn slightly causing the keyboard to fail, either that or if you have complete failure the ground contacts may have bent slightly causing the keyboard to fail too. Lemme know what you find out.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)