FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Keep current Messages/SMS icon? Or change to the blue one?

Keep current.

88 Vote(s)
34.38%
Change to blue one.

120 Vote(s)
46.88%
Don't like both. Find another one...

48 Vote(s)
18.75%

[THE][14-10-09][v2.0] Color TF3D

1,208 posts
Thanks Meter: 52

By ohyeahar, Senior Member on 20th June 2009, 05:09 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I must say I'm a fan of TF3D. But personally, the mono-color scheme is not much fun to look at. So, I searched the web for some free icons and made this. I thought I'd share it with the xda community. My first contribution.

(Don't bother with the poll, I've made my decision already.)

Instructions:
1. Install cab (recommended that previous versions of my theme be uninstalled first)
2. Disable and re-enable TF3D to see the changes. To see changes in the dialer, you'll need to soft-reset.
3. Sprint users, please install my "Color TF3D-Sprint Patch.cab" on top of whichever one of my theme's version you chose. This will add the 2 icons for Sprint TV and Nav. Please see screenshot here.
If don't like it, just uninstall. Soft-reset. Back to normal.

Verizon users, have a look here.
Sprint users, have a look here.
Most devices have black as the default font color for the clock on the Home tab. If yours does not, check here.

FAQ - please read before asking any questions I'll be ignoring all queries covered in the FAQ.

Tip: for improved performance, use CFC Compression. Info here.

Release history

I'd gladly take suggestions and requests. Let me know if you have icons you would like me to use or if you don't like a particular change I made. Together, we can make the perfect theme!

Color TF3D 1.5.cab - Normal
Color TF3D 1.5-no top.cab - Transparent top curtain
Color TF3D 1.5-no bottom.cab - Transparent bottom curtain
Color TF3D 1.5-no top and bottom.cab - Transparent top and bottom curtains (This is the one used in the screenshots)
Color TF3D-Sprint Patch.cab - install this on top of one of the above cabs for icons for Sprint TV and Nav

For those of you who have switched to the official WinMo 6.5 ROM released by HTC or if you have Manila v2.1 with the weather clock, please see here for version 2.0.
Users of Manila 2.0 or 2.1 without the weather clock should stick with version 1.5 of my theme.

AT&T Tilt 2 users should also stick with version 1.5 of my theme. I've not skinned the AT&T tab icon. If you want me to skin it, one of you will have to send me the corresponding manila files...

Further development on this has halted. But I'll still continue to try to support it. Here for details.

Like my work? Please donate! Any amount appreciated! Thanks for supporting!
20th June 2009, 07:57 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
thx!!!great!
i just wnat to know...
i presume you used cfc-gui to change icons, but i cant find the tab icons in my manla files...ive just the manila icon\off...
could you help me please?
20th June 2009, 12:10 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hong Kong

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidebeatrice

thx!!!great!
i just wnat to know...
i presume you used cfc-gui to change icons, but i cant find the tab icons in my manla files...ive just the manila icon\off...
could you help me please?

Yes, I used cfc-gui. The section under "manila\icon off" is "manila\icon preview". That's what you're looking for. If you don't see it, you probably didn't extract your full set of manila files.
20th June 2009, 12:43 PM |#4  
Flag Rotterdam
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Very nice!
Great job, but i've got the Vario5 and tmobile made their own icons and I'm not sure if this works on my version, did you test it?
20th June 2009, 12:47 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeahar

Yes, I used cfc-gui. The section under "manila\icon off" is "manila\icon preview". That's what you're looking for. If you don't see it, you probably didn't extract your full set of manila files.

thx...but...in "manila\icon preview" icons are 128x128 only...changing these icons i change the "active icons" on manila bar also?
20th June 2009, 02:58 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hong Kong

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidebeatrice

thx...but...in "manila\icon preview" icons are 128x128 only...changing these icons i change the "active icons" on manila bar also?

The 64x64 icons in the "manila/icon off" section are the ones to amend for the tab selection bar.
20th June 2009, 03:03 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hong Kong

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ertje88

Very nice!
Great job, but i've got the Vario5 and tmobile made their own icons and I'm not sure if this works on my version, did you test it?

Only tested on my unlocked UK Touch Pro2. So, don't know if it'll work for you. Suggest you to backup your manila files and test it. This way, you can always revert back if anything goes wrong.
20th June 2009, 04:10 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thx a lot! Great work!
21st June 2009, 01:34 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Could you make a cab file? thx
22nd June 2009, 01:34 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hong Kong

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sas90850

Could you make a cab file? thx

Sure, cab added. Please see 1st post.
22nd June 2009, 07:52 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I'd really like to try this out as it looks great but I'm a bit concerned because I would have no idea which Manila files to back up incase I wanted to change back. Will the cab now allow me to uninstall from the remove programs option and do I still need to turn of tf3d before installing it?

Sorry for all the questions
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)