[ROM][WWE][16-Jul-10] Timolol's stock-like WM6.5.5 ROM (Build 23569)

Search This thread

pilgrim011

May 3, 2008
Belgrade
www.tvojsajt.com
I have problem with Youtube application. When I try to start it says "not enough free storage space to run youtube. Minimum free storage space required is 8MB" :( of cource there is enough free space;)
I don't have this problem - Youtube is running fine.
However, I did notice a little bug - when I have notification in taskbar (SMS, mail) and I click on taskbar, new screen pops up with the menu (battery info, internet connection info, message info), but when I tap on the message icon, nothing happens, and it should bring me to the message that has arrived. Is this a WM 6.5 bug? Or Topaz notification bug?
Btw., it's not annoying, I can live with that.:)

timolol

Jan 14, 2009
Melbourne
I don't have this problem - Youtube is running fine.
However, I did notice a little bug - when I have notification in taskbar (SMS, mail) and I click on taskbar, new screen pops up with the menu (battery info, internet connection info, message info), but when I tap on the message icon, nothing happens, and it should bring me to the message that has arrived. Is this a WM 6.5 bug? Or Topaz notification bug?
Btw., it's not annoying, I can live with that.:)

I haven't experienced this yet. Tapping the message icon brings me to the correct message. Let me know if it fixes itself or persists. :)

Just an update on my testing. I've updated my ROM to build 21820 and everything is going well. Additionally, I've updated a few of the programs. However, updating to Album v3.0 (from v2.5) has created a very small bug which I am now trying my best to fix. It's not a crucial bug at all, but I'd like it fixed before I release the ROM. I don't really want to revert to Album v2.5 because v3.0 displays and switches pictures much smoother and more quickly. Also, imaging zooming/panning is much more intuitive. While I try to fix the bug (might not be possible), please bear with me :)

Cheers,
Tim

majkeljj

Nov 28, 2007
I find another 2 problems.
1. When I use Youtune I cannot scroll list I see 4,5 first positions and I cannot scroll down.
2. On messaging in landscape mode Enter button do not open active sms/email. also arrow dont work. The same is in portrait with D-pad.

b_slice

Jan 23, 2009
Salt Lake City
www.xo.com
Downloaded and flashed this rom yesterday, it's exactly what i've been looking for in a rom. Flashing went smoothly, without problems and the phone is very responsive.

I've not seen any mention of it, so just in case anyone's wondering, Exchange works without any problems (seen some people asking about it in other threads).

I've only had one problem with it though. When i went to bed, it was working fine but about 6 hours later the screen wouldn't turn on and i had to soft reset.

Has anyone else had the same problem happen?

I'vd had this problem with the stock ATT Fuze ROM...

timolol

Jan 14, 2009
Melbourne
I find another 2 problems.
1. When I use Youtune I cannot scroll list I see 4,5 first positions and I cannot scroll down.
2. On messaging in landscape mode Enter button do not open active sms/email. also arrow dont work. The same is in portrait with D-pad.

The first problem has been addressed with an upgraded version of the YouTube application. This is found in the next version of my ROM, speaking of which it is very close to being ready for action. Just need to test it for a little longer then I will release it.

I've have decided to stick with Album v2.5 because v3.0 had too many issues and my desire for a bug-free ROM overrode my desire for the "latest and greatest".

Oh and your second problem is something I've noticed in all WM6.5 versions since day one. Can't help you there - someone needs to inform Microsoft :)

Tim

majkeljj

Nov 28, 2007
The first problem has been addressed with an upgraded version of the YouTube application. This is found in the next version of my ROM, speaking of which it is very close to being ready for action. Just need to test it for a little longer then I will release it.

I've have decided to stick with Album v2.5 because v3.0 had too many issues and my desire for a bug-free ROM overrode my desire for the "latest and greatest".

Oh and your second problem is something I've noticed in all WM6.5 versions since day one. Can't help you there - someone needs to inform Microsoft :)

Tim
ok. thank you.
do you plan to include new rhodium connection manager (included in your first stock-like rom) or this one from touch pro1? this from rhodium is not usable on landscape mode. swiches on/off don't work.
maybe you can also include this wm6.5 lock fix: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=527219

Last edited:

mimariposa

Dec 27, 2008
Nice job

Tim,

That's a real nice piece of work!! I found your ROM to be simple & fast.
I do have a few suggestions/questions.

1. The PTT button on my fuze currently has no functionality with your ROM. Would it be possible to map that button to say "voice command" or "communication manager" etc?
2. How do we have a program completely close and not run in the background when the program 'X' button is clicked?

Thanks in advance!!

timolol

Jan 14, 2009
Melbourne
ok. thank you.
do you plan to include new rhodium connection manager (included in your first stock-like rom) or this one from touch pro1? this from rhodium is not usable on landscape mode. swiches on/off don't work.
maybe you can also include this wm6.5 lock fix: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=527219

I'm not quite sure what you mean. I've never changed the version of the Comm Manager. You are correct in saying that the switches don't work in landscape mode. I'll look into this and hopefully fix this for the next version.

Just as a side note, the Comm Manager is mapped to the Send key (hold) by default. So to bring it up quickly just hold down the send key.

Tim,

That's a real nice piece of work!! I found your ROM to be simple & fast.
I do have a few suggestions/questions.

1. The PTT button on my fuze currently has no functionality with your ROM. Would it be possible to map that button to say "voice command" or "communication manager" etc?
2. How do we have a program completely close and not run in the background when the program 'X' button is clicked?

Thanks in advance!!

1) Because this ROM was not specifically designed for the AT&T Fuze, I have not included the PTT button mod. However, it is easily installable by *.cab - please follow THIS LINK to get the PTT mod cab. I have't tried it myself because I have a Touch Pro, but let me know if it works. I'm sure it will

2) Try holding down the 'X' to fully close applications. Alternatively you can modify the behaviour of the 'X' button in the "Task Manager" system settings menu (please note that there 2 different versions of 'Task Manager' settings).

timolol

Jan 14, 2009
Melbourne
No worries :)

Just so everyone knows, RAM usage is about 2% higher in this version compared to the previous version. Shouldn't affect anything, but just letting you guys know.

And it'd be great if someone could mirror this ROM on Rapidshare. I still don't have a Rapidshare account.

Cheers,
Tim

pilgrim011

May 3, 2008
Belgrade
www.tvojsajt.com
I'm gonna skip this version, because I'm not a "ROM flashing junkie".:D Previous version is working just fine, now I've loaded it with many many apps, customized it, and it would be painful to do that on weekly basis.:eek:

majkeljj

Nov 28, 2007
I'm not quite sure what you mean. I've never changed the version of the Comm Manager. You are correct in saying that the switches don't work in landscape mode. I'll look into this and hopefully fix this for the next version.
yes I know that you didn't change the version of Comm Manager. My proposition was to consider use standard Comm Manager from Touch Pro. problem is with swiches on/off in ladscape. this Comm Manager is not fully functional in landscape - it is not resized well.

to get Comm Manager in landscape I use Fn+Left arrow (on full keyboard).

P.S. Notification enchancement also not work well in ladscape. (window is cutted)

thanks for new build :) I will try it soon.

20:04h rom is installing but interesting thing. I install from storage card (rename file to RAPHIMG) and from standard micro SD 2GB rom installed ok but from 8GB SDHC TP hangs after instaling rom and restart. system don't load.

Last edited:

mike freegan

May 12, 2005
Wow, this ROM is great. Any way to make it so that the 'Home' button goes back to the home screen rather than the start menu? It's really annoying :eek:

Lostwarriorram

May 27, 2007
NOVA
I usually cook my own personal ROM. Thought, I will give a try of this ROM. For some reason, I could never get to internet through any of the app( IE, Opera, MSNWeather, etc).

I am using ATT fuze. I ran connection setup bunch of times with reboots as well. Never got a chance to trouble shoot. Please ignore if this is a known bug.

BTW, your ROM is certainly a different kind of flavor. I am liking it. Thanks for ROM.

Edit: NVM. I got this working. For some reason, it took more than 10 mins to start working.

Last edited:

seal_team_six

Oct 30, 2006
Jakarta
HTC U11+
So far i've been testing 21820 ROM no bugs found, and every function works perfectly (well at least everything suitable for my needs) and till now everything good,
based on my evaluation, there are some change in this ROM compared by previous one, that already include AudioManager_Engine & Knoop Tachi Phone Canvas v2D (CMIIW)

here all my customization package that already installed on my TP:
Application:
FdcSoft TaskMgr
psShutXP Power Key
[MJG] WM65 Chome V3 Test
J.S Advanced Configuration Tool 3.3
CF-DriverWiz new Rilphone
Elite Force Lumos
HTC GPS tool 1.3.2.26
Wei enterprise nuesSIPDefault
MS Facebook
Appstar ATContacts
Showaco Opera6.5
Showaco TitaniumWeather
gullum Qlauncher
Showaco reSTART
Showaco Chome editor
A_C S2P
A_C S2V
demosten SensorScroll
Showaco HTCIcons
Mort's MortScript
Garmin Mobile XT
Vito Astronavigator II
shaoopes Capsure
Corecodec Coreplayer
Paragon software handy converter
DeepThought's hTorch
Google Maps
htcAddicts - cleanRAM
Lingvosoft Dictionary 2008 (Eng-Ind)
Palringo
Jgui SMS report eraser
SPB Backup
Modaco ApptoDate
Mocha FTP Server
Tachi TaskbarIcons
C.Ghisler & co. Total Commander
MANILA/TF3D customization:
T-back update security policies
HTC Rhodium Manila 1E
Holdemdogg notopotbottomcurtains
Rotkaeqchen Transparent Clock
B4PJS Youtubefix
Kevinv2u Diamond BackgroundChanger

i also attach some of my screen capture

Thanks for all the masters, Tim for bringing us stable WM 6.5 & Da_G for bringing us latest build of WM6.5

Top Liked Posts