Amon_RA for his great recovery.img and detailed instructions on repacking and signing update.zip;
and our new force redglasses for his efforts to finetune these roms for us.
The following are roms modded for TW HTC Magic (PVT 32 A, CPLD-12, Boot with Hami)
Be sure to use them for ONLY TEST purposes.
For your reference, the current build of my magic is as follows:
SAPPHIRE PVT 32A ENG S-OFF H
## 成功服用以下ROM的網友，無論好壞也請po一下是否成功、並協助刷機遇到問題的人，這樣更多人能夠受惠 ##
Download Amon_RA's recovery image if you need it
v1.0H http://www.4shared.com/file/11509111...very-RAv1.html by Amon_RA
v1.1H http://rapidshare.com/files/25189459...ry-RAv1.1H.img nandroid restore is included by Amon_RA
********Hero ROM for Magic modded for TW users (based on Fatal1ty2787's releases)********
07/18 myhero-08 by redglasses
http://www.4shared.com/file/11877650...yhero-008.html...Change log on page 22
07/15 myhero-07 by redglasses
http://www.4shared.com/file/11805472...yhero-007.html...Change log on page 19
07/08 myhero-06 (based on Fatal1ty2787's 1.4) released by redglasses
Feature: zh_HK included, optional root access, and etc... Change log on page 14
07/07 myhero-05 (based on myhero02 and Fatality2787's 1.3) by redglasses
Feature: Chinese input, Chinese UI, other languages removed...Change log on page 12
07/06 Camera fix on page 11.
07/04 v1.2[CUI] Chinese Input + Chinese User Interface by redglasses
07/02 v1.2[C] embedded with lib files needed to run HTC_CIME by richyyun
This version (v1.2[c]) of rom is suitable for users who need to input Chinese on magic using methods other than handwriting.
After flashing this rom, be sure to install HTC_CIME.apk manually.
All the Chinese input methods, including Zhuyin and Pinyin, work on this rom!! Hooray!!
However, all the ringtones, except Innovation.mp3, have been removed to squeeze out some space for these lib files.
You have to push your favorite ringtone by yourself.
Here is a backup of the original ringtones and alarms http://www.supremekickz.com/android/audio.rar
07/02 v1.2 http://www.4shared.com/file/11541776...2A-CPLD12.html rooted as default by richyyun
06/30 v1.1 http://www.4shared.com/file/11511625...TW-signed.html
06/30 v1 --- no longer needed
1. rename the downloaded file to update.zip and place it in /sdcard
2. fastboot boot recovery-RAv1.img --> wipe, backup, and apply the update
3. install HTC_CIME if necessary
********Hero Pure Black for 32A (based on jerpelea's pure black rom-04)********
07/14 hero-pure-black-04 by richyyun (for non-Chinese users)
07/14 hero-pure-black-04[C] by richyyun
The [C] version has camera.apk replaced, chinese input (CIME) preinstalled, and ...Screenshots on page 18
07/15 hero-pure-black-04[CUI] by redglasses
********7/6 Hami Rooting (Rooting OEM TW Cupcake ROM)***********
Running modded Hero and ION roms on Magic is cool, but some compromises must be made, such as manual input of APN, injection of libs,...
For those already satisfied with the oem rom (TW HTC ROM with Hami boot logo), I have created a new boot.img.
This boot.img is rooted and sets the max cpu freq at 528Mhz. After flashing it, you can also get a root access at adb shell.
You can further push a modded version of su into the system to gain root access at terminal app.
Before you begin, please make sure:
(1) Your magic is running TW OEM ROM (Cupcake 1.5) with Hami boot logo
(2) SPL has been flashed
1. Download this package created by richyyun first. http://www.4shared.com/file/11630226...i-rooting.html
2. Inside the zip are two files, including boot-hami-rooted-max528.img and su
3. In fastboot mode, test run the new rooted boot.img **Very important**
=> fastboot boot boot-hami-rooted-max528.img
4. If it successfully boots, you can begin to flash it
=> fastboot flash boot boot-hami-rooted-max528.img
5. Reboot and you'll get # in adb shell
6. Push modded su into the system
=> adb shell
#mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
=> adb push su /system/bin/su
=> adb shell
# cd /system/bin
# chmod 6755 su
********7/4 New BOOT.IMG for Hero********************************
The frequency of the CPU inside magic is self-adjusted according to real-time processing demand.
However, there is a parameter in rom defining the range (max and min) of cpu frequency adjustment.
In OEM roms, the max freq is set at only 384Mhz.
In the following two versions of boot.img, the cpu freq range is redefined.
[max=528Mhz] http://www.4shared.com/file/11550034...pu-max528.html by richyyun
[min=max=528Mhz] http://www.4shared.com/file/11593985...always528.html by richyyun
Note that when min=max=528Mhz, you battery doubtedly drains slightly faster!
For the moment, if you are already satisfied with the current rom and don't want to flash new roms so soon, you can flash this boot.img alone to make some changes to your magic!
1. on your pc, you can test run the new boot image first
fastboot boot boot-cpu-freq-fixed-for-32A-12.img <=be sure to test it first!
2. if it works, then make it permanent
fastboot flash boot boot-cpu-freq-fixed-for-32A-12.img
********ION for TW MAGIC users (based on nk02's first release of ION rom)********
07/04 ION-V2[C] http://www.4shared.com/file/11589608...r1-signed.html
HTC_CIME and libs it requires are built in. Manual injection of libs is NO LONGER NEEDED! ##刷完馬上就可以輸入中文##
Lite, smooth, and rooted. Screenshots are shown in page 9
06/27 FULL rev1 http://www.4shared.com/file/11484765...r-TW-rev1.html recommended
06/27 LITE http://www.4shared.com/file/11507899...ed_for_TW.html
1. wlan.ko and libpdfviewer.so have been pushed into the rom
2. original magic ringtones are copied into this rom (i like "Innovation.ogg"), so G1 and G2 ringtones are all put together.
All the files needed to make this possible are included in the file packge...
--- steps in grey color are no longer needed in rev1 of update.zip
1. adb push update.zip /sdcard/update.zip
2. fastboot boot recovery-RAv1.img
3. Run nandroid to backup your entire phone ***very important***
4. wipe the system
5. apply the update
after successfully booted,
6. on your pc, run "adb remount"
7. run "adb push wlan.ko /system/lib/modules/wlan.ko" to make wifi work
8. navigate to setting on your phone to activate installation of unknown sources
9. run "adb push HTC_CIME.pak to /sdcard/HTC_CIME.pak" to transfer chinese input plugin to sdcard
10. run HTC_CIME using ASTRO which has been bundled with the rom.
you can also flash recovery-RAv1.img to make it permanent (not a must)
11. in fastboot mode, run "fastboot flash recovery recovery-RAv1.img"
**********daldroid's rom (rooted and very lite)**************************
see this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=523680
----- links --------
Rooted (adb shell) Original HTC ROM for Magic:
**************Instructions on restoring your magic**********************
Copy the image files backed up by Nandroid from sdcard to your pc.
Or you can use mine (Chunghua Telecom with a Hami boot logo)
1. enter fastboot mode by pressing back+power
2. fastboot erase system -w
3. fastboot erase boot
4. fastboot flash system system.img
5. fastboot flash userdata data.img
6. fastboot flash boot boot.img
7. fastboot reboot