303 posts
Thanks Meter: 49

By netdrg, Senior Member on 7th July 2009, 01:19 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th December 2009, 10:52 PM |#581  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:

Yep, that's pretty much it, I have tried this on Miri v14 and Miri 28011 TEST and in both cases there was no Configuration entries until after I had changed the order of the tabs.Maybe I'll try a ROM by another chef to see if this also the case?

Ok thanks, I realize now that the configuration reg is ONLY used if you modify the tab position which I've personally already cooked into my ROM, but as you've noted not everyone else does. The reg entry to enable\disable a tab is actually in \HLCU\software\htc\manila in this format: Manila://manilatv.page.hidden. It seems if there is an entry in the configuration reg, it will automatically place it in \HLCU\software\htc\manila which is actually the required entry. but will only do so if the configuration entries are ordered correct (i.e only inserting record 13 won't do anything if 1-12 are not there).

I've just tested it now and I've got it working without the configuration regs, so I will release another version tomorrow as you shouldnt have to order tabs first to get it to work. I've also finished a basic version of the xml channel editor and I may release it tomorrow for anyone that wants to try it out.. could release it now, but need to get a handle on dialog boxes for browsing images/default player (whoever designed the openfiledialog control for winmo is a moron)
16th December 2009, 11:03 PM |#582  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by omnicronx

I've just tested it now and I've got it working without the configuration regs, so I will release another version tomorrow as you shouldnt have to order tabs first to get it to work. I've also finished a basic version of the xml channel editor and I may release it tomorrow for anyone that wants to try it out.. could release it now, but need to get a handle on dialog boxes for browsing images/default player (whoever designed the openfiledialog control for winmo is a moron)

Excellent, look forward to testing it tomorrow then.

Great work, really appriciate it.

Ed.
17th December 2009, 06:18 PM |#583  

More
Manila TV Cab for Manila 2.5 V1.1 WVGA/VGA

Hi everyone,

I've fixed a few issues with the cabs which will make thing easier for everyone (one step installs are always a good thing )

Fixed:
-Was duplicating the wrong file in VGA cab (meant to have manilatv_pages.xml in two locations not ManilaTV.xml)
-No longer need to delete ManilaFull.xml (thanks to amarullz/Kisja, used setup.dll from their manila locker cab which also needs to delete ManilaFull.xml)
-Changed reg entry being inserted, now using the correct entry so you do not have to order the tabs (or have it cooked it) before ManilaTV will work. (thanks ed_sambo who noticed this)

Instructions:
1.Turn off Manila
2.Install Cab (which will force you to soft reset)
3.Re-enable Manila (no deleting of files required)

*To tell you the truth I didnt even have to disable Manila, i just installed the cab soft reset and voila... but that may not work for everyone.

ManilaTV should be the last tab upon restarting Manila.

Files:

VGA:
Footprints version : Manila TV Player VGA footprints (Manila Sense 2.5) v1.1.cab
Non Footprints version : Manila TV Player VGA no footprints (Manila Sense 2.5) v1.1.cab

WVGA:
Footprints version : Manila TV Player WVGA footprints (Manila Sense 2.5) v1.1.cab
Non Footprints version : Manila TV Player WVGA no footprints (Manila Sense 2.5) v1.1.cab
*note: once again not personally tested, but should work just fine.

I will try and release my little app today to edit the xml channel file if anyone wants to try it out. Its just going to be a standalone app for now, if it seems to work I may to to integrate it into manila. (well kind of, I can add a button next to launch to launch it from the manilaTV page, unless I want to totally integrate it into the manila screen instead of being a vb app)
17th December 2009, 07:45 PM |#584  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Smile
Quote:

Hi everyone,

I've fixed a few issues with the cabs which will make thing easier for everyone (one step installs are always a good thing )

Fixed:
-Was duplicating the wrong file in VGA cab (meant to have manilatv_pages.xml in two locations not ManilaTV.xml)
-No longer need to delete ManilaFull.xml (thanks to amarullz/Kisja, used setup.dll from their manila locker cab which also needs to delete ManilaFull.xml)
-Changed reg entry being inserted, now using the correct entry so you do not have to order the tabs (or have it cooked it) before ManilaTV will work. (thanks ed_sambo who noticed this)

Instructions:
1.Turn off Manila

*To tell you the truth I didnt even have to disable Manila, i just installed the cab soft reset and voila... but that may not work for everyone.

Files:

VGA:
Footprints version : Attachment 257832
Non Footprints version : Attachment 257833

WVGA:
Footprints version : Attachment 257834
Non Footprints version : Attachment 257835

I will try and release my little app today to edit the xml channel file if anyone wants to try it out. Its just going to be a standalone app for now, if it seems to work I may to to integrate it into manila. (well kind of, I can add a button next to launch to launch it from the manilaTV page, unless I want to totally integrate it into the manila screen instead of being a vb app)

I will try your app to edit xml channel file!!
17th December 2009, 09:36 PM |#585  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
me too!! hehehe
And thank you!
17th December 2009, 10:37 PM |#586  

More
Alright,, this obviously isn't for me, but sall those lurkers who don't know

Once I install omni's cab up there, how do I get channels onto my phone, and whats the difference in the footprints/non-footprints version?
18th December 2009, 05:12 AM |#587  
Flag Santo Domingo
Thanks Meter: 273

More
QVGA Development
Whomever is doing development for QVGA, let me know to see what is done and what is needed, want to help and have several people who can help as well.

Paul
18th December 2009, 08:15 AM |#588  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

Hi everyone,

Fixed:

Instructions:
1.Turn off Manila

Files:

VGA:
Footprints version : Attachment 257832
Non Footprints version : Attachment 257833

WVGA:
Footprints version : Attachment 257834
Non Footprints version : Attachment 257835

You rock OMNI,,looking forward to your write up for setting it up with orb..keep up the great work!
18th December 2009, 07:01 PM |#589  

More
Quote:

You rock OMNI,,looking forward to your write up for setting it up with orb..keep up the great work!

Not as easy as I thought =/ With the new version of orb the links for the channels change every little while (bad assumption by me that they wouldnt change). So I'm not yet sure what to do for this. I know the listing for the channel itself remains static. i.e the web listing that has the link to the stream, but not the stream itself, so you could have it link to a webpage and open opera, but this is less ideal as its not as clean and requires two steps to open a channel. Only good part about this is you would see whats playing before you start the stream.

I'm trying to figure out what the best solution would be..
20th December 2009, 09:50 AM |#590  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,154

Donate to Me
More
This is awsom, I confirm it's running on my HD2 Leo, the two channels added play in WMP.

Donated you some kudos, 0UM28992D80167035.

Thank you!

Regards Leo

20th December 2009, 12:03 PM |#591  

More
This "Download clean mtp_tabitems.xml here" link is unavailable.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)