FORUMS

"E:can't open /cache/recovery/command", means???

165 posts
Thanks Meter: 12

By darkphoenix2012, Senior Member on 7th July 2009, 11:07 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th July 2009, 03:18 AM |#31  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikesbstrut

thanks for the help but i was able to get it rolling again, i just started all over again.
but now my problem is "bootlooping"
i have been looking around and it seems to be a SD issue?
please let me know thanks!

Try formatting your sd completely and repartitioning. Make sure that when you partition, you format to the designated filesystem.
14th September 2009, 08:51 AM |#32  

More
ive got a cache error too

cant do jack with it
i get a not allowed in the NBH process
an error in cache (insufficient space) in the update.zip process
and continual boots (cant get past the htc dream logo) when booting normally

ive given up
19th September 2009, 04:53 AM |#33  

More
My problem. I brought a Jailbroken g1 from someone and it was working perfectly for the last couple of weeks. Well last night the battery died on it and when i turned it on it went straight to the System recovery utility. well i tried to reboot and i cant everytime i tried it doesnt work. I tried to do Alt w to do a factory reset. Everytime i try to reboot it dont by doing home and back it dont work. So i tried to do a factory reset using the G1OrigBootloader_nocheck and dreaming nbh. but now all i get when i turn it on is the triangle with ! in it and phone laying down. On the Android system recovery Uility window all black with yellow letters says

E: Can't open /cache/recovery/command

when i format and try to install update from sdcard it says
Installing from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Verifying update package...
E: No signature (5 files)
E: Verification failed
Installation aborted

Press Home+Back to reboot

please any help would be helpfull i just wanna get my phone working again.

It had cyanongen 1.4 and i cant find the original owner
23rd October 2009, 09:55 AM |#34  

More
G1 logo stuck can't enter
Hi there,

I had a same problems,... already updated it success but when booting it's cann't enter just the logo G1, and when i press power home, there a text "android system recovery utility E: Can't open /cache/recovery/command

HOme+x.......
E: error in cache:recovery/log(no space left on devices)"

how can i solved this problems... ??
I already try to seek trough this forum .. yes there's a solution to download the recovery,type bla..bla.. but the problems is i can't even enter just the logo G1 ... how can i type anything there ??

thanks
7th June 2010, 06:01 PM |#35  
Myrtle Beach, SC
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickim

Hi there,

I had a same problems,... already updated it success but when booting it's cann't enter just the logo G1, and when i press power home, there a text "android system recovery utility E: Can't open /cache/recovery/command

HOme+x.......
E: error in cache:recovery/log(no space left on devices)"

how can i solved this problems... ??
I already try to seek trough this forum .. yes there's a solution to download the recovery,type bla..bla.. but the problems is i can't even enter just the logo G1 ... how can i type anything there ??

thanks

I am getting the same issue.

- recently reformatted my sd card and partitioned thru Amon-RA recovery
96 swap 1.5gb ext 4 6gb fat32
- wiped all cache on phone, including dalvic
- also have issue downloading market apps, not sure if related.

Any help is appreciated.
12th July 2010, 12:05 AM |#36  

More
Sorry to res. but I had this problem, this is the top google result for the error, but doesn't have the simplest answer:

Code:
fastboot erase cache
fixed it for me.

If you don't know how to fastboot check these xda threads (I'm a new account, can't post hyperlinks)
forum dot xda-developers dot com / showthread.php?t=532719 (I found the 1st reply more concise for setting up fastboot)
forum dot xda-developers dot com / showthread.php?t=619153
4th January 2011, 08:21 PM |#37  
Thanks Meter: 63

More
Came across this error recently on my HTC Desire. The result of which is some rom will flash while others wont. In my case, a bug in AdamG Oxygen 2.0 RC4 deleted all the files in the root folder of my microSD card, including the very important update.zip which enable Clockwork Mod Recovery (?), to manually select and flash any zip rom file. Fortunately, I still have my Gold Card which I use to copy the update.zip file over to my regular card via adapter/card reader.

Reboot > Recovery > choose update.zip which boot into Clockwork Mod Recovery > select new rom > Reboot.

The correct update.zip can be download from koush.tandtgaming.com/recoveries

Hope this will help some people.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)