[App][Beta] ACR – Auto Call Recorder – Version 1.2.4

Search This thread

Slothie

Jun 7, 2009
Gold Coast
WARNING!!!
These applications are not legal in all countries/states. Check first before you use this software as you could get into serious trouble in some countries/states. (Wikipedia Reference)

Note: these programs requires .NET Compact Framework 3.5 Redistributable to work. Please install this first if it is not already on your device.

Also if you've just blown in here to download ACR and run, its in Post #3

Last edited:

Slothie

Jun 7, 2009
Gold Coast
ACR HD
This program was written for the Touch HD. If your device is not 480 pixels wide or WM6.5+ then I would not recommend you waste your time with this program. This version is for testing/comments only.

This version is for anyone who doesn't mind testing the application at the risk of their device. While I seriously doubt it would harm your device I still feel I need to ward off thoses that are under the impression this application was written with any sort of care or support.

Thiis program currently requires a contact with the FileAs name of Unknown to work properly/with Outlook Importer.

Last edited:
Reactions: cattledogit

Slothie

Jun 7, 2009
Gold Coast
ACR – Auto Call Recorder

SETUP
Once installed go to your programs folder and you will see a new Icon for Auto Call Recorder. Click on the Icon and the options for Auto Call Recorder will be displayed. Once you have chosen your options click the Enable Recording button on the File Tab and close the Options Program. That’s it you are now automatically recording any calls your device has.

OPTIONS
There are two tabs of options to choose from. Most of these you will not need to use at all but where included to provide a better experience for some users who have different requirements such as limited memory, no use to record all calls and such.

File Tab
Folder to save calls in
From the top of the file tab, first we have a textbox showing where the files will be saved. On the right of this textbox is a button. This button when pressed will open a window so that you may change where ACR saves the files.

Ask to save Call
This checkbox when checked will make ACR prompt you with a choice to save the call once the call has finished. Note that even if you choose no you will still have the option to retrieve the last call up until you receive another call. The file Lastcall.wav is only overwritten when you receive another call.

Record Incoming Calls/Record Outgoing Calls
These checkboxes is pretty self explanatory, if you want ACR to record your incoming calls then check this box, if you don’t then uncheck this box. The same goes for Record Outgoing Calls.

Write to Debug File
Only use this option if you are having problems. At the moment the debug is very limited. When you have this option check ACR will write debug messages to a file ‘debug.txt’ in the installation folder.

Recording Tab
The recording tab contains the setting for the file to be recorded. First is the Wav format. This is either PCM or GSM6.10 PCM is a ‘raw’ wav format that will use about 1MB per minute. I have included this format for devices that do not support GSM6.10. The other format GSM6.10 is a ‘compressed’ Wav format and consumes approximately 30kB per minute. Obviously this is the preferred choice.

Bits per channel are either 8 or 16 bits. 16 bits is the preferred choice but I have also included 8 bits for slower devices.

Samples per Second are the number of samples taken each second. This is a matter of preference/device capability. The choices are 8000, 11025, 16000, 22050, 32000, 44100, 48000, 96000 and 192000Hz. If you have a slow device then you are better starting from the bottom and working your way up by testing to see which the best is for you. If you have a newer device then it is more a choice of how much space you want to use as the higher the number the more space the file will use. Also your device may not support the higher frequencies so I recommend starting with something like 48000Hz. If you set the frequency to high you will get gaps in your recordings.

DEVICES
This program will work on a number of devices at different degrees of success. Below is a few lists of devices and there reported success. If your device is not listed then try it anyway and don’t forget to report back you amount of success. If your device don’t match up to whats reported then please do

Devices known to work ‘Out of the box’ both ways
ASUS P835 (Stock ROM)
Touch HD (Stock ROM 6.1/WM6.5)
HTC Touch Diamond 2 (Stock ROM)
HTC FUZE (updated stock ROM)
HTC TYTN 2 (Stock ROM)
HTC Touch Pro 2 (Stock ROM)
Mio A702 - Not bad for 200Mhz
HTC Rhodium (Stock ROM)
HTC Touch 3G
HTC Trinity - P3600 (Stock ROM)
HTC Touch Cruise (Stock ROM)
HTC Prophet (WM 6.1)
HTC Herald - T-Mobile Wing (Stock ROM)
HTC Touch Elf (Stock ROM)
Samsung i780 (WM 6.1)
Samsung Omnia i900
Samsung Omnia 2
Plam Treo Pro (Stock ROM)
HTC Advantage 7501 (WM6)
HP iPAQ 614c

Devices that require registry setting to work both ways
HTC Touch Diamond – deep_purple reported that after installing GSM610 Codec he could use GSM6.10. Thanks mate.
HTC Touch Pro (EnergyROM / TIR 13R Lite ROM / RRE 6.5 Servies 6 v4)
HTC Blue Angel (Cooked ROM)

Devices that only work one way
Touch HD2
HTC XDA2
Xperia X1

Devices that don’t work
HTC Snap
HTC Vogue
HTC TyTN
HTC Gene
HP iPAQ 614c

TIPS AND FIXES
This is a condensed form of the previous thread and this thread. I will cover all the fixes found by the great folk at XDA.

Enable MicAGC. Its in Settings/System. Its not required by all devices though.

“I only hear my voice, the other party is very soft?” This is because you device is not setup to record both the incoming and outgoing voices. This can also be because your device is only ‘half-duplex’. To solve this try the suggestions in the Devices Post.

“ACR only records the first minute of the call?” This is because you have ‘fast sleep’ enabled on your device. Try something like Advanced Configuration Tool to disable fast sleep.

“I can’t see if it’s working?” ACR has no interface when it’s running. It was designed like this to keep memory usage to a minimum. If you are having troubles with this then I suggest you use the ‘Ask to save call’ option so you know it’s worked after the call. You can also see it running in a task manager program when you choose to show ‘view processes’.

DISCLAIMER / LICENSE / EULA
Please read carefully the terms and conditions of this End User License Agreement ("EULA") before installing ACR software ("Software"). This EULA provides a license agreement between authors of ACR ("Licensors") and you (person) ("Licensee") to use the Software and contains warranty information and liability disclaimers. By installing and using the Software you accept and agree to the terms of this EULA. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, you must cancel the installation or, if the Software is already installed on your device, promptly uninstall it.

OWNERSHIP
The Licensee acknowledges and agrees that the Software is a product of the Licensors. It is protected under international copyright law. All copyrights are exclusively owned by Slothie.

LICENSE GRANT
The Software is freeware. However, the Licensee may use it only and exclusively for testing in either private personal or commercial usage, and only under conditions which do not contradict the restrictions noted below. If you want to use Software for anything else, you must contact the Licensors. Software may not be bundled or distributed with any other package without written permission of the Licensors.

NO WARRANTIES
The Software is distributed "as is" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. The Licensee uses the Software at his own risk. The Licensors shall not be liable to the Licensee for any kind of consequences, which occur or not occur while installing, using or uninstalling the Software.

RESTRICTIONS
In accepting the EULA granted by Licensor, Licensee agrees that he shall not
1. Sublicense, sell, lease, rent, permit use of, give, or lend the Software
or any copy or portion thereof;
2. Decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, analyse, or otherwise attempt to
discover the source code of the Software;
3. Use or incorporate the Software or any portion thereof in any other product
without the prior written permission of the Licensor;
4. Remove, alter, or obscure the copyright, trademark, proprietary, or other
notices from the Software or any of its components.

Licensee is allowed to edit existing or create new language layouts, and share them with other users. Licensee is allowed to edit existing or create new graphic elements, but only with respect to copyright and trademark notices.

DISTRIBUTION
The Licensee may NOT redistribute the Software by any mean (CD, DVD, Web site...) without permission from Licensors.

TERMINATION
The Licensee may terminate the EULA at any time. Also, the EULA will terminate automatically if Licensee fails to comply with the restrictions described above. Upon termination of the EULA, the Licensee shall remove all copies of the Software from his (her, its) device and all storage media.

Credits and Thanks
mskip for providing his registry settings from the 2 way recording Cab. Without these settings most devices would only be recording one side of the conversation so if you feel like buying him a beer you can here.
A big thanks to Rozenthal for letting me steal his legal stuff from FingerKeyboard.
A big thanks to Biker1 for helping all the lost people in this thread. You should get more credit than me.
Also thanks to [germany]merlot and deep_purple for testing.
Menneisyys for this great thread here.
Also all the people that reported device Successes/Failures/Tweaks/Registry Setting.

CHANGE LOG
Version 1.2.4
Extended Beta period.

Version 1.2.3
Fixed 12/24 hour time issue if the filename.

Version 1.2.2
Changed the file save format to include the date/time.

Version 1.2.1
Added Choose Folder Dialog.
Added code to stop Windows from shutting down the application in the background.
Added option to record Incoming Calls.
Added option to record Outgoing Calls.
Added Debug to File option.
Removed Readme Tab.

Last edited:

Slothie

Jun 7, 2009
Gold Coast
OUTLOOK IMPORTER
Outlook Importer is for both ACR and ACR HD. It will import all your saved calls into Microsoft Outlook on your PC. Calls are imported into the Journal.

This version is for anyone who doesn't mind testing the application at the risk of their device. While I seriously doubt it would harm your device I still feel I need to ward off thoses that are under the impression this application was written with any sort or care or support.

Oh yeah currently this app does not import call from the last day. I will hopefully expand on this to be an option but currently its the last 24 hours.

Last edited:
Reactions: cattledogit

Slothie

Jun 7, 2009
Gold Coast
Hmmm what did I change?

I added a 'choose folder' for everyone that couldn't put a \ on the end of the path. I added a cancel statement to form closing so CE wouldn't close the app silently in the background. I added a couple of options to choose what calls are recorded. I added a crappy debug file function. I removed the readme tab. Oh and I added an option to save the call after its finished. I changed the file save to include the date. I still don't know why I did this? Hmm what else, don't know I've got the flu so I'm not really that switch on at the moment. Mostly I concentrated on the bugs from version 1.1. If your happy with version 1.1 I wouldn't bother changing if I was you.

Biker1

Oct 28, 2008
I downloaded v1.2 and the following issues occur:
1) Record outgoing calls box is ticked but then unticks itself. I finally got it to stay ticked but no outgoing calls being recorded.
2) unable to delete recorded calls. Message pop up says System File, Access Denied.

When I first downloaded v1.2, outgoing calls were being recorded than above issues started occurring.
Downloaded v1.2 due to the Record Call Yes/No option.
Will download v1.1 for now.

I have a Diamond (cdma)

Biker1

Oct 28, 2008
Ok I'll fix this just as soon as I shoot the people that tested this. In the mean time I would recommend trying to set this in the registry directly if you can't wait until tomorrow. The setting are in Local Machine\Software\Inta\ACR and the value should be set to 'True'. With a capital T.
What caliber do you need? j/k :)

I will try the registry change.
Do you know why I cannot delete recorded calls?
Thanks and welcome back.
Hope your daughter is ok.

Slothie

Jun 7, 2009
Gold Coast
Scratch that! I think I found the problem. I just uploaded a newer version. Cheap and nasty style as I'm sick as a dog.

Oh thanks Biker, she is fine now except we all now have the swine flu as the hospital was overrun with infected patients. Little price to pay though as she is now walking again! :)

Can't delete recorded calls? As in they are read only?

Last edited:

MDA_newbie

Jun 13, 2007
Ok I'll fix this just as soon as I shoot the people that tested this. In the mean time I would recommend trying to set this in the registry directly if you can't wait until tomorrow. The setting are in Local Machine\Software\Inta\ACR and the value should be set to 'True'. With a capital T.

I have set the value to 'True', but I still doesn't work. I saw that version 1.1 was removed, could this be reupload?

Thanx.

Biker1

Oct 28, 2008
It's obvious but just in case, the registry value change to "True" is done to "RecordOut."

Last edited:

Biker1

Oct 28, 2008
Scratch that! I think I found the problem. I just uploaded a newer version. Cheap and nasty style as I'm sick as a dog.

Oh thanks Biker, she is fine now except we all now have the swine flu as the hospital was overrun with infected patients. Little price to pay though as she is now walking again! :)

Can't delete recorded calls? As in they are read only?
As they say, if you wanna get sick, go to the hospital!
Good to hear about your daughter. She will now have to take care of you :)

I can play back recorded calls but I cannot delete them.
Says System File. No Access.
Thanks.
Btw, made the registry change but box still unticks itself.

Biker1

Oct 28, 2008
UPDATE:
v1.2.1 is working fine :)
Corrected the Record Out and box stays ticked.

In regards to not being able to delete any recorded calls, the following occurs:
I go to delete and and it asks me if I want to delete the call? I then click Yes. I get the Pop Up Message that says System File, still want to delete? I click Yes. I then get a message saying Access Denied.
BUT
when I exit the call log screen and I go back to the call log screen, the recorded calls that I could not delete ARE deleted :confused:

Edit:
I went to delete recorded calls but this time when the Pop Up asked if I want to delete specified call, I clicked Yes (as I did before) and when the System File pop Up appeared I just exited the screen.
When I returned to the call log screen, the calls were deleted as before.
Sorry for any redundancy but I want to be as specific as I can to help solve the problem.
Thanks.

Last edited:

aryan79

May 11, 2009
Venice
Tested! Works fine even with both the incomming/outgoing calls and the final confirm!

Only two things:
In portrait mode would be useful to have a scroll bar since I can't see all the options in main page!
Can you put an "OK" in the low bar instead of use "X" in upper right corner to exit???

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING!!!
    These applications are not legal in all countries/states. Check first before you use this software as you could get into serious trouble in some countries/states. (Wikipedia Reference)

Note: these programs requires .NET Compact Framework 3.5 Redistributable to work. Please install this first if it is not already on your device.

Also if you've just blown in here to download ACR and run, its in Post #3
    ACR – Auto Call Recorder

SETUP
    Once installed go to your programs folder and you will see a new Icon for Auto Call Recorder. Click on the Icon and the options for Auto Call Recorder will be displayed. Once you have chosen your options click the Enable Recording button on the File Tab and close the Options Program. That’s it you are now automatically recording any calls your device has.

OPTIONS
    There are two tabs of options to choose from. Most of these you will not need to use at all but where included to provide a better experience for some users who have different requirements such as limited memory, no use to record all calls and such.

File Tab
    Folder to save calls in
    From the top of the file tab, first we have a textbox showing where the files will be saved. On the right of this textbox is a button. This button when pressed will open a window so that you may change where ACR saves the files.

Ask to save Call
    This checkbox when checked will make ACR prompt you with a choice to save the call once the call has finished. Note that even if you choose no you will still have the option to retrieve the last call up until you receive another call. The file Lastcall.wav is only overwritten when you receive another call.

Record Incoming Calls/Record Outgoing Calls
    These checkboxes is pretty self explanatory, if you want ACR to record your incoming calls then check this box, if you don’t then uncheck this box. The same goes for Record Outgoing Calls.

Write to Debug File
    Only use this option if you are having problems. At the moment the debug is very limited. When you have this option check ACR will write debug messages to a file ‘debug.txt’ in the installation folder.

Recording Tab
    The recording tab contains the setting for the file to be recorded. First is the Wav format. This is either PCM or GSM6.10 PCM is a ‘raw’ wav format that will use about 1MB per minute. I have included this format for devices that do not support GSM6.10. The other format GSM6.10 is a ‘compressed’ Wav format and consumes approximately 30kB per minute. Obviously this is the preferred choice.

Bits per channel are either 8 or 16 bits. 16 bits is the preferred choice but I have also included 8 bits for slower devices.

Samples per Second are the number of samples taken each second. This is a matter of preference/device capability. The choices are 8000, 11025, 16000, 22050, 32000, 44100, 48000, 96000 and 192000Hz. If you have a slow device then you are better starting from the bottom and working your way up by testing to see which the best is for you. If you have a newer device then it is more a choice of how much space you want to use as the higher the number the more space the file will use. Also your device may not support the higher frequencies so I recommend starting with something like 48000Hz. If you set the frequency to high you will get gaps in your recordings.

DEVICES
    This program will work on a number of devices at different degrees of success. Below is a few lists of devices and there reported success. If your device is not listed then try it anyway and don’t forget to report back you amount of success. If your device don’t match up to whats reported then please do

Devices known to work ‘Out of the box’ both ways
    ASUS P835 (Stock ROM)
    Touch HD (Stock ROM 6.1/WM6.5)
    HTC Touch Diamond 2 (Stock ROM)
    HTC FUZE (updated stock ROM)
    HTC TYTN 2 (Stock ROM)
    HTC Touch Pro 2 (Stock ROM)
    Mio A702 - Not bad for 200Mhz
    HTC Rhodium (Stock ROM)
    HTC Touch 3G
    HTC Trinity - P3600 (Stock ROM)
    HTC Touch Cruise (Stock ROM)
    HTC Prophet (WM 6.1)
    HTC Herald - T-Mobile Wing (Stock ROM)
    HTC Touch Elf (Stock ROM)
    Samsung i780 (WM 6.1)
    Samsung Omnia i900
    Samsung Omnia 2
    Plam Treo Pro (Stock ROM)
    HTC Advantage 7501 (WM6)
    HP iPAQ 614c

Devices that require registry setting to work both ways
    HTC Touch Diamond – deep_purple reported that after installing GSM610 Codec he could use GSM6.10. Thanks mate.
    HTC Touch Pro (EnergyROM / TIR 13R Lite ROM / RRE 6.5 Servies 6 v4)
    HTC Blue Angel (Cooked ROM)

Devices that only work one way
    Touch HD2
    HTC XDA2
    Xperia X1

Devices that don’t work
    HTC Snap
    HTC Vogue
    HTC TyTN
    HTC Gene
    HP iPAQ 614c

TIPS AND FIXES
    This is a condensed form of the previous thread and this thread. I will cover all the fixes found by the great folk at XDA.

Enable MicAGC. Its in Settings/System. Its not required by all devices though.

“I only hear my voice, the other party is very soft?” This is because you device is not setup to record both the incoming and outgoing voices. This can also be because your device is only ‘half-duplex’. To solve this try the suggestions in the Devices Post.

“ACR only records the first minute of the call?” This is because you have ‘fast sleep’ enabled on your device. Try something like Advanced Configuration Tool to disable fast sleep.

“I can’t see if it’s working?” ACR has no interface when it’s running. It was designed like this to keep memory usage to a minimum. If you are having troubles with this then I suggest you use the ‘Ask to save call’ option so you know it’s worked after the call. You can also see it running in a task manager program when you choose to show ‘view processes’.

DISCLAIMER / LICENSE / EULA
    Please read carefully the terms and conditions of this End User License Agreement ("EULA") before installing ACR software ("Software"). This EULA provides a license agreement between authors of ACR ("Licensors") and you (person) ("Licensee") to use the Software and contains warranty information and liability disclaimers. By installing and using the Software you accept and agree to the terms of this EULA. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, you must cancel the installation or, if the Software is already installed on your device, promptly uninstall it.

OWNERSHIP
    The Licensee acknowledges and agrees that the Software is a product of the Licensors. It is protected under international copyright law. All copyrights are exclusively owned by Slothie.

LICENSE GRANT
    The Software is freeware. However, the Licensee may use it only and exclusively for testing in either private personal or commercial usage, and only under conditions which do not contradict the restrictions noted below. If you want to use Software for anything else, you must contact the Licensors. Software may not be bundled or distributed with any other package without written permission of the Licensors.

NO WARRANTIES
    The Software is distributed "as is" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. The Licensee uses the Software at his own risk. The Licensors shall not be liable to the Licensee for any kind of consequences, which occur or not occur while installing, using or uninstalling the Software.

RESTRICTIONS
    In accepting the EULA granted by Licensor, Licensee agrees that he shall not
    1. Sublicense, sell, lease, rent, permit use of, give, or lend the Software
    or any copy or portion thereof;
    2. Decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, analyse, or otherwise attempt to
    discover the source code of the Software;
    3. Use or incorporate the Software or any portion thereof in any other product
    without the prior written permission of the Licensor;
    4. Remove, alter, or obscure the copyright, trademark, proprietary, or other
    notices from the Software or any of its components.

Licensee is allowed to edit existing or create new language layouts, and share them with other users. Licensee is allowed to edit existing or create new graphic elements, but only with respect to copyright and trademark notices.

DISTRIBUTION
    The Licensee may NOT redistribute the Software by any mean (CD, DVD, Web site...) without permission from Licensors.

TERMINATION
    The Licensee may terminate the EULA at any time. Also, the EULA will terminate automatically if Licensee fails to comply with the restrictions described above. Upon termination of the EULA, the Licensee shall remove all copies of the Software from his (her, its) device and all storage media.

Credits and Thanks
    mskip for providing his registry settings from the 2 way recording Cab. Without these settings most devices would only be recording one side of the conversation so if you feel like buying him a beer you can here.
    A big thanks to Rozenthal for letting me steal his legal stuff from FingerKeyboard.
    A big thanks to Biker1 for helping all the lost people in this thread. You should get more credit than me.
    Also thanks to [germany]merlot and deep_purple for testing.
    Menneisyys for this great thread here.
    Also all the people that reported device Successes/Failures/Tweaks/Registry Setting.

CHANGE LOG
    Version 1.2.4
    Extended Beta period.

Version 1.2.3
    Fixed 12/24 hour time issue if the filename.

Version 1.2.2
    Changed the file save format to include the date/time.

Version 1.2.1
    Added Choose Folder Dialog.
    Added code to stop Windows from shutting down the application in the background.
    Added option to record Incoming Calls.
    Added option to record Outgoing Calls.
    Added Debug to File option.
    Removed Readme Tab.

I edited the 1.2.5 cab with the reg tweak "2 way incall recording"
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\WaveDev]
    "MixModeRecord"=dword:1
    no need for anithing else on my HD2
    ACR HD
    This program was written for the Touch HD. If your device is not 480 pixels wide or WM6.5+ then I would not recommend you waste your time with this program. This version is for testing/comments only.

This version is for anyone who doesn't mind testing the application at the risk of their device. While I seriously doubt it would harm your device I still feel I need to ward off thoses that are under the impression this application was written with any sort of care or support.

Thiis program currently requires a contact with the FileAs name of Unknown to work properly/with Outlook Importer.
    Hi,

I used Resco Audio Recorder for a long time on Omnia1 i900 and everything was perfect, now I switched to Omnia2 i8000 and with 4.51 version is always recorded maximum 2min and 30 sec conversation. I upgraded to version 4.62 and now sometimes record the whole conversation, but in most cases 90% of call are recorded and the last 10% do not recorded.

Now I try ACR – Auto Call Recorder – Version 1.2.5 but not recorded anything. The saved file is 25 kb and is empty.

What could be the problem?
    Since you have nothing to loose, you might give THIS one a try. Let us know if that's any better...

I modified version 1.2.4 for the HD2, and it worked quite well. Not sure if my mods will help your phone or not, but worth a try anyways.