By lucav, Junior Member on 22nd July 2009, 10:08 AM
Thread Deleted Email Thread
31st October 2009, 01:04 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjotte

Worked for me, thanks a lot.

Anybody knows if quickgps plans an update to fix this?

Here's my thought process on this (remember however, I could be way off):

It's got something to do with DST. The Americas change time this Sunday, as opposed to Europe, which already changed last Sunday. Now, since GPS is an American system, everything gets screwed because the time stamps from the phone (as downloaded by QuickGPS) and the satellites' just won't match anymore.

I remember my GPS constantly freezing some time prior to this one. I wish I could say for sure that it was around the time of the time change in spring. However, I also remember that it eventually just went away on its own.

To conclude, I for one am just gonna wait it out till Sunday..

.-ombre-.

P.S.: Deleting the two xtra.bin's does do the trick for the time being. Which makes my theory even more plausible..
1st November 2009, 10:34 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Still not working
Ombre, your theory sounds good.
But I try to download QuickGPS data at 11:30 CET (which is 2:30 US pacific time) but still not luck.
After starting Google Maps phone starts freezing.
Maybe we must wait a bit longer until data will be correct.
2nd November 2009, 12:34 AM |#23  
Flag Italia

More
Fix slow, but it works! thank you very much!
2nd November 2009, 02:27 PM |#24  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by motaba

Hi
I had same problem. If any application try to connect to GPS, phone freezes after few seconds.
After Hard Reset it was OK, but only until I use QuickGPS. Then it again freeze whole mobile after use GPS application.

My temporary solution:
Erase QuickGPS data. It was in Temp\xtra.bin and Windows\xtra.bin
Erase those 2 files.

Soft Reset phone.

Don't use QuickGPS. Wait 3-5 minutes for GPS fix.

I was wondering what is wrong with xtra.bin. It is downloaded from web server xtra1.gpsonextra.net or simmilar.
At 24-25.10.09 there was time change from summer time [CEST (GMT+2) to CET (GMT+1) in my country]. Maybe it is some dependance between change of time and GPS problem.

Same problem is descripted in this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=577898

Thanks a lot! Just worked for me!

Some days ago I updated QuickGPS data. Since this moment my phone freezes when I launched Sygic. Thanks!
2nd November 2009, 05:37 PM |#25  

More
Thanks very much! It helps indeed. Soft reset is really necessary, only removing the files is not enough I got a fix in a few seconds WITHOUT QuickGPS. So I just won't use QuickGPS anymore, only causes troubles.
2nd November 2009, 08:19 PM |#26  

More
Hi (new user)

I'm having the same problems and I am using Copilot and the 2 preinstalled apps Google Maps and Quick GPS. The first time I had the problem I did a hard reset and that sorted it out. But I have just tried another hard reset and I still have the problem.

Its as though the device is prossesing each key stroke very slowly. I did find if you manualy manage the GPS settings and change the Buard rate to a low figuer it speeds up some what, but doesn't curei it.

Any help???
3rd November 2009, 01:46 PM |#27  

More
It is still NOT working again
Please try QuickGPS on your phone.

Maybe finally xtra1.gpsOneXTRA.net servers returned corect xtra.bin.
Or it was caused by this registry change:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\QuickGPS]
"RemindTime"="00000000000000"
"region"="FR"
"MemoryRequired"=dword:00000000
"remind"=dword:00000000

Soft Restart phone,
download data from QuickGPS (this step changes regon FR to SK)
Run GoogleMaps with GPS enabled
And there is no phone freezing.

My phone was working again. But only one start of Google Maps after QuickGPS download. Second start of Google maps and phone is freezing again.
3rd November 2009, 03:52 PM |#28  
Flag Italia

More
WORKS!!! thank you very much!
4th November 2009, 11:38 AM |#29  

More
For me QuickGPS is working again.
Recently downloaded data to QuickGPS. Started Google Maps and later Sygic Mobile Maps 2009 and there is no freezing and fix is quick.
23rd November 2009, 08:02 PM |#30  
Flag Bratislava

More
I suffered the same unrecoverable freezing troubles after the replacement of my broken display. It had to be completely dismantled.

I use Sygic navigation and COM4 was red colored, which meant to be an error. Since I replaced the display by myself, I started to suspect a cold contact of a tape cable around the RF module. After I assembled the device again, the troubles disappeared.
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread