My ROMs prior to v6.0 were distributed with a custom boot splash screen, so if you flash to a different ROM that does not include one, you will still see my screen during boot up. Go to this thread
for instructions on changing your initial (boot) splash screen. Starting with v6.0, there is no longer a custom boot image included.
Because radio performance tends to vary greatly from area to area, I do not include one with any of my ROMs. You can flash any Raphael radio to your Fuze/Touch Pro, and if your phone is security unlocked, you can also flash radios from the Diamond, Blackstone, Xperia, and a few other HTC devices.
UC: (User Customization)
These ROMs are XDA_UC Compatible. If you are not familiar with XDA_UC, check out this thread
for details. PLEASE NOTE: XDA_UC starts automatically after a 25 second countdown to allow time for screen alignment to complete. You will be prompted to reboot after XDA_UC completes, which is strongly
Important Notes Regarding WM6.5.5:
Ever since Microsoft relocated the X button to the lower right in OS 6.5.3, we struggled to find an adequate replacement for the HTC Task Manager and its 'Close on X Tap' feature. I have solved the issue by combining 2 amazing applications developed here at XDA. For Tap/Minimize functionality, I have included AMeBa
. For task switching, I have included ArkSwitch
. Tapping X will close an application, and holding X will minimize it. To open ArkSwitch, tap the left half of the title bar.
Another known issue with WM6.5.x is ActiveSync constantly running even when you have no Exchange servers configured. The long accepted workaround was to create a dummy Exchange connection and set it to manual. However, there is a simpler way. Using the included DotFred Task Manager, bring up the Notifications list using the arrow on the right side of the screen. Scroll all the way down to where you see 3 entries for repllog.exe
, and then scroll right so that you can see which one has AppRunAfterTimeChange
listed under the Argument tab (it should be the second one.) Tap on the correct line and then tap the icon on the bottom row with a red dot to disable the notification. After a soft reset, ActiveSync will no longer run in the background unless you want it to.
- OS 23563
- 20MB Pagepool
- Currently on the Fuze Standard ROM is available. Once the bugs are found/eliminated, I will release my usual gamut of ROMs including Lite and Sense.
- Since I do not have access to an AT&T SIM with data, I could not verify the AT&T proxy is working. I was able to test the other aspects over WiFi.
- On the first boot after XDA_UC completes, you will see a Mortscript popup. In order to stop the popup, configure TitaniumWeather on the Home screen.
Discussion of v6.0 begins at Post #1468
Adobe PDF 18.104.22.168.404840.04
App Service 22.214.171.124
App Service Msg 126.96.36.199
Boot Launcher 1.0.1922.1510.1
CHome Editor 1.6
Concurrence Manager 1.5.1922.2310.00
Data Disconnect 188.8.131.52
File Explorer Extension 2.06
FlashLite ShareDLL 1.0.1922.2310.00
HTC Application 184.108.40.206
HTC FontLink 1.0.1922.1410.00
HTC Settings 220.127.116.11
HTC Util 18.104.22.168
HTCPedia.com Text Messaging
m.carroll PureBlack3 Theme
My Phone 1.6.2718
NATF ATT PhoneCanvas
NATF Custom XDA_UC
Navigation - Google Maps 4.0.0
Opera Mobile 10
Resource Proxy 1.0.2011.2928.00
Shared Modules 1.01.2011.3730.00
Shared Resource 1.0.2011.1720.00
Skype Mobile 22.214.171.1246
Solitare and Bubble Breaker
Streaming SDK 2.7.1921.2819.00
Topaz VGA Comm Manager
Total Commander 2.52b2
- Updated OS build to 28002
- Removed some unnecessary/outdated files. Streamlined the Initial Configuration processes.
- PagePool set at 20MB.
- WM Marketplace now working.
- All ROMs: The magnifier should be disabled. If it still shows up, see here for CAB to disable it.
Discussion of v5.7 begins at Post #1314
- Updated OS build to 23052
- Removed some unnecessary/outdated files
- All HTC (and AT&T Manila) ROMs use mcarroll's PureBlack2 theme.
- AT&T Lite/Standard ROMs use AT&T Warhawk theme.
- -- Manila Only: Corrected screen position using ManilaFixPosition. Shortcut added to StartUp and Temp in case you need to launch it manually.
- -- Manila Only: Fixed the Tachi dialer. Talk button should work now.
- -- Manila Only: TF3D Start Menu not working currently. Standard WM6.5 Start Menu launches.
- -- Manila Only: Rhodium Dual Volume Slider not popping up with Volume key press. Standard WM6.5 Volume Slider launches. Changing to Single slider in Manila settings enables the Rhodium popup.
- -- Manila Only: Wallpaper across all tabs enabled.
- -- Manila Only: Weather Database Editor added.
Discussion of v5.6 begins at Post #995
Issues and Bug Reports:
- m.carroll's PureBlack3 theme does not activate during XDA_UC, but you can turn it on from Start -> Settings -> Home. The theme is also not working in landscape, so the phone may switch back to Classic Blue when rotated.
- The scrolbar is back in the dialer. Every fix I've tried do not seem to work with the AT&T dialer, and other dialers I have tried aren't working properly. I am attempting to resource edit the affected DLL file, but that type of thing is not my strong point.
- Manila Only: Exchange sync not working. For those who want Manila and Exchange support, please flash the Standard ROM, and install Manila from CAB.
- Manila Only: Rhodium Dual Volume Slider not popping up with Volume key press. Standard WM6.5 Volume Slider launches. Changing to Single slider in Manila settings enables the Rhodium popup.
- Any ROM using the Tachi dialer: If you have a scrollbar on the dialer screen, go to this post for a fix.