FORUMS

[APP][1-07-2010] KeepMyTones V1.6 - Saving your Ringtone and Notification Events

277 posts
Thanks Meter: 10

By LordFuzzy024, Senior Member on 25th July 2009, 06:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
(1-05-2010) KeepMyTones V1.6 - Saving your Contact Ringtone and Sounds & Notifications Settings.

If you are like me and most of you are if you are on this site. You love to hack/flash/reset/whatever to your phone but when you do so you lose most of your settings. I have a solution for one of the most annoying, in my opinion, reconfiguration you have to do. Adding all your Contact Ringtones and Sound & Notification Settings back to your phone.

KeepMyTones V1.6 Features:
- List All Contacts and wether they have a ringtone or not.
- Save/Restore Contact Ringtone Settings.
- Edit/Remove Contact Ringtone (WMA and MP3 Supported).
- Ability to decided where to save the file and where to restore from.
- Save/Restore your Sounds & Notification Settings
- Program now grabs all events from the phone instead of having them preprogrammed. If an event does not exist on a phone while restoring it will simply skip that event.
- Contact Ringtones can now preview WMA files.
- General Code Cleanup and Optimization
- FIXED: Multiple previewing of Contact Ringtones.
- FIXED: Works will all tested Windows Mobile 6.5 Roms both stock and cooked.
- FIXED: Removed Custom Message Balloon Notifications replaced with standard MessageBox.
- ADDED: Error Log for Contact Ringtone Restore. The file is created in the application directory \ErrorLog.txt.

ADDED: NON TOUCH SCREEN CAPABLE PHONE SUPPORT.
Check out the Cab Download below. Notifications does not work at the moment but you can Backup and Restore your Contact Ringtones.

NOTE: DO NOT RESTORE A SOUNDS & NOTIFICATIONS BACKUP FILE THAT WASN'T CREATED BY OR FOR YOUR PHONE!!!!!

Screenshots:
Start Screen:

Save Contact RingTone Screen:

Save Sounds & Notification Screen:

TOUCH SCREEN PHONES ONLY.
Click here for the Download Page

NON TOUCH SCREEN PHONES CAB BELOW

***** FOR ALL THE CHEFS OUT THERE, I HEREBY GIVE YOU PERMISSION TO INCLUDE KEEPMYTONES IN YOUR ROMS *****
(Please post in the page telling me so. Just trying to get a grasp of how far my programs spreads.......3500 downloads and counting)

*** Your praises havn't gone unnoticed. Softpedia added KeepMyTones today (7-28-2009) to their database of Software for PocketPC ***
Softpedia Link

What i'm looking for from everyone.
Just your feedback and any errors you may come across. Previously there was only three other people who have tested it, all being my friends so i'd like some outside input. Let me know if you hate it, love it, or even have a need for it. I know it saves me and my buddies a bunch of time not having to set those back up. I have about 30 set ringtones for various people, so its really nice.

Hope everyone likes it. This is my first app launched on XDA....

** This program is provided without Warranty or Guarantee. Just because it worked flawless on my phone doesn’t mean it will on yours. Like anything before using, backup all relevant data before proceeding. I take no responsibility for loss or damage to your phone. **

The KeepMyTonesSmartCab.cab FILE IS ONLY FOR NON TOUCH SCREEN PHONES, ALL OTHER TOUCH SCREEN PHONES SHOULD DOWNLOAD FROM THE LINK ABOVE.
Attached Files
File Type: cab KeepMyTonesSmartCab.CAB - [Click for QR Code] (82.5 KB, 433 views)
25th July 2009, 08:08 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
3 am looking forward to giving this a try..
thanks for taking the time to put it together
25th July 2009, 08:30 PM |#3  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thank you for this. About to download now.

Have downloaded and it appears to be a very well executed app. I like how easy it is to assign the ringtones to all your contacts and of course the save/restore function. Your work is appreciated. If I find any bugs I will post.
25th July 2009, 08:49 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Indiana

More
Thank you. Glad you like it. Hopefully you wont find any problems. My real concerns are international number formats. I have no way to test for those.
26th July 2009, 03:36 AM |#5  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Thanks. I'll try it out.
26th July 2009, 02:51 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
thanks again fuzz
26th July 2009, 04:07 PM |#7  

More
I see this app saves contact specific ringtone settings but does it save the general settings? And is it a problem that contact specific ringtone settings are not set? That's how i use my phone and it would be nice if it (only as an option) saves the general settings.

Besides that it would be nice to store the xml on a chosen place and backup it from there. You can give the user the option as a setting or when (s)he selects backup/restore.
26th July 2009, 04:17 PM |#8  

More
I was also really hoping This would save General Settings...
It would save 5-10 minutes every time I update ROM's

Thanks for considering it..
26th July 2009, 04:52 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Indiana

More
I've looked into the Saving the general settings and i've run into a couple problems with it. It seems depending on what version of windows you are using those settings are stored differenetly. Ill check it out again.

As far as saving the file to a specific location that shouldnt be to hard. I just wanted to make it easy on my self and friends when saving/restoring. Most of my friends aren't exactly tech savy if you know what i mean.

Will you guys post what settings you are looking to save and i'll see what i can do.
26th July 2009, 04:54 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Indiana

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnsconcE

I see this app saves contact specific ringtone settings but does it save the general settings? And is it a problem that contact specific ringtone settings are not set? That's how i use my phone and it would be nice if it (only as an option) saves the general settings.

Besides that it would be nice to store the xml on a chosen place and backup it from there. You can give the user the option as a setting or when (s)he selects backup/restore.

The ringtone is the only piece of info not synced by Outlook and ActiveSync. So you must set it everytime you reset/flash your phone.
26th July 2009, 05:23 PM |#11  

More
General Ring Tone
Notificaitons: Sound Files and Details.
New Email - NO LED/NO POPUP
New SMS
New MMS
New Voice Mail
REMINDER

It would be great to also save Active Sync stuff, but I do have a CAB file for my Exchange configuration.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)