•PhoneCanvas_2G
•VolumeControl
•tgetfile
•TopBarBattery(Vista)
•PPS=8Mb

Original Thread:
http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...post&p=3052093

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mtdohmfmiqw(English input only)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	post-55117-1249389951.jpg
Views:	566
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	212937   Click image for larger version

Name:	post-55117-1249390025.png
Views:	451
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	212938   Click image for larger version

Name:	post-55117-1249389963.png
Views:	363
Size:	3.3 KB
ID:	212939   Click image for larger version

Name:	post-55117-1249389976.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	212940   Click image for larger version

Name:	post-55117-1249390012.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	212941   Click image for larger version

Name:	post-55117-1249389985.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	212942  

6th August 2009, 02:50 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
THANKS ALOT for this, been looking to update my aged, and slow, yet my favorite phone which is still my main one.

I have couple of questions,

1) I see from the russian site u linked there is a WM 6.1 EN rom for it, what build is it, older than this rose_rom's 20757?

2)Which one is faster, this or WM 6.1 EN? (i am interested in speed rather than the 6.1 homescreens or overbloated dial skins)

3)i downloaded few days ago from a chinese site a file called otto wm6.1ru.abi. is it more or less the same? the translation on that page says they got it from 4pda. also from the screenshots of that site, radio ROM wasnt included, does this or WM 6.1 EN has a radio ROM?

3)What is the writing system on this rose_rom and WM 6.1 EN is it the bit annoying xT9/eT9 like all the 6.1 ROMs out there, or the amazing Palm dropdown autocomplete IME as in the original 6.0?

4)For speed and keeping the same features as the origial 6.0, which one do u recommend?

5)As i understood from chinese to english google translation from that site, to flash this, i need to format an SD card with Fat32, put the .abi file in it, enter bootloader(pressing down+on) and it will autoflash, is this correct?

6)What languages it comes with?

Again Thank you very much for this and your time, and I hope i didnt annoy you with my questions. Althoug i have many HTC Smartphones, this phone is my favorite and the only one i actually use from day to day with my custom mods on it. so i cant just try and flash stuffon without getting info about it.

Thanks.
6th August 2009, 10:39 AM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 3

More
1.And here and there, Microsoft's emulator v.6.1.4
2.my_rose-Page Pool Size=8Mb.
6.1EN(China)-Page Pool Size=4Mb
3.Отто wm6.1ru.abi=6.1EN(China),included 4pda bootlogo.my_rose included orginal Palm bootlogo
Radio ROM is not included in my_rose.abi.On from Russian WM6(off.)
4.System of writing the standard for Russia, includes English, Russian and Ukrainian input
5.my_rose is quite fast, IMHO does not require additional action to increase the speed
6.Yes, I used Transcend microSD 2Gb/fat32.Ne use SDHS.
7.Only the English, as well as in Microsoft's emulator

Sorry for my English, Google translator
6th August 2009, 10:50 AM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by caramba_sda

1.And here and there, Microsoft's emulator v.6.1.4
2.my_rose-Page Pool Size=8Mb.
6.1EN(China)-Page Pool Size=4Mb
3.Отто wm6.1ru.abi=6.1EN(China),included 4pda bootlogo.my_rose included orginal Palm bootlogo
Radio ROM is not included in my_rose.abi.On from Russian WM6(off.)
4.System of writing the standard for Russia, includes English, Russian and Ukrainian input
5.my_rose is quite fast, IMHO does not require additional action to increase the speed
6.Yes, I used Transcend microSD 2Gb/fat32.Ne use SDHS.
7.Only the English, as well as in Microsoft's emulator

Sorry for my English, Google translator

Thank you for your quick answers, its ok i figured its google translator but you give me all the info i need, as long as its faster, has english, and u flash it with fat32 microsSD, it is what i am looking for.

Also i registered last night with 4pda.ru to check the WM 6.1 EN it also turned out to be same build, 20757. (took me 1 hour to register trying to figure out how the security code work, i kept copying/pasting russian characters, it turned out to be XX+XX=)

I decided to go with this Rose ROM, hopefully i will try it this weekend.

Thanks again.
8th August 2009, 01:29 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmabuto

I decided to go with this Rose ROM, hopefully i will try it this weekend.

Thanks again.

Any luck trying? I'm so tempted to try too, but the only thing holding me back right now is the fact that I can't go back to the original ROM if anything goes wrong.

Or is there a way to revert if you prefer the original palm WM version?

Thanks to caramba_sda, I almost gave up hope on seeing a new WM version on my palm.
9th August 2009, 02:50 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marrk_nl

Any luck trying? I'm so tempted to try too, but the only thing holding me back right now is the fact that I can't go back to the original ROM if anything goes wrong.

Thanks to caramba_sda, I almost gave up hope on seeing a new WM version on my palm.

I have the same exact fear as u, not to be able to revert, but i will try it, give me a couple of days when i am free.

also u know what is IntrudersMissedCallsSmsFix0.4 and tgetfile?
10th August 2009, 08:54 AM |#7  
OP Member
Flag Moscow

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marrk_nl

Return to the original ROM WM6.0 possible! What do you have now written in the About?
10th August 2009, 09:06 AM |#8  
OP Member
Flag Moscow

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmabuto

what is IntrudersMissedCallsSmsFix0.4 and tgetfile?

IntrudersMissedCallsSmsFix-The substitution of adopted SMS missed calls on the name of the notebook (contact).
tgetfile-system library necessary for certain programs such as Notepad
11th August 2009, 04:54 AM |#9  

More
OK I FLASHED THIS. 1ST IMPRESSION IS EXCELLENT, THE PHONE IS MUCH, AND I MEAN MUCH FASTER THAN STOCK ROM AND LOOKING GOOD. STANDBY AS I USE IT NORMALLY THROUGHOUT THE DAY WITH CALLS, EXCHANGE PUSH AND (FINALLY) SMS-CHAT AND I WILL POST MORE CONCLUSIONS.

Boots in an ONE INSTANT, instead of ONE HOUR, and everything is so responsive, also windows folder is quite small and opens quickly.

Finally the LAG on the stock 6.0 is gone. I removed the clock on top and the battery meter, dont like those. Also i need to install Office and Windows Live and bring back my looks then it will be perfect.

Again Thank you very much caramba for your hard work and reviving that phone again.

EDIT - UPDATE ON STATUS

Activesync/Exchange Push, Emails, Contacts and Calendars works flawlessly and perfect. Still as fast as the 1st boot with all my mails and contacts in it. As well as Text Messaging also perfect. The best part is that the original autocomplete has remained and not replaced by that xT9.

However there are 3 issues now, only the 1st is critical with me.

1) the keyboard map is russian, the normal chars are proper english, all the alternalte chars are in russian (when pressing UPARROW) for example i cant get the upper symbols on the keyboard like ? , ' ; $ " @ / i get instead this Ю Б Э Ж Х Ъ this is very important. although in the registry it is 409 the keyboard layout, and the keyboard mapping/driver is pxa27x_keypad_Us.dll.

UPDATE ON THIS ISSUE(FIXED): Checked every where all the registry entries are correct, i tried replacing the pxa27x_keypad_Us.dll with the stock 6.0 one, keyboard froze and didnt work. Edit: Fixed with new release.

2) IE 6 .... I wish u didnt put that horrible browser in and stayed with IE 5, it is slow, the mouse cursor to move takes time and it corrupts the screen where it moves. anyway to revert to IE5 without flashing back.

UPDATE ON THIS ISSUE(FIXED): Found a registry work around, HKLM\Security\Internet Explorer\MSHTML from 1 to 0. I included a CAB for this. Will downgrade to IE5.

3) The font is a bit jagged, or not as smooth as before, specially bold, either it has been edited/replaced or Cleartype not working proper. I will try to replace Segoe with the latest one i have and check later.

UPDATE ON THIS ISSUE(ACCEPT): Tried the stock font, still the same. since it is not a big deal it is ok.
Attached Files
File Type: cab IEDown.cab - [Click for QR Code] (1.7 KB, 272 views)
11th August 2009, 11:52 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I've downloaded the *.abi file. But how to flash the device ?
11th August 2009, 11:55 AM |#11  

More
copy it to an empty formatted microSD card, put the card in the phone, switch it off, press the down arrow on the the d-pad, while pressing it turn on the phone, it will load in bootloader and autoflash it, u will see red progress bar followed by green bar till its finished, then it will boot super quick.
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread