After I saw few open threads about how to enable Flash into Opera browser, I decide to create this tool, which will automatically install and configure everything you need to run your Opera with Flash support.
With other words: No need to install Flash Lite... Yes, just Plug&Flash!
- Find some time and read hilaireg's post from here, who explains the exact "Flash situation".
- This flash plugin announce itself as Flash 9 compatible to play back any ActionScript 2.0 SWF content. However, it is based on Flash 8 technology and that why this plugin doesn't support ActionScript 3.0... This is the reason why most of the sites still want to upgrade it, but some of them will work.
Every Opera 9.50/9.70 build, which support plugins and works with v2.1 initialization files. Also support latest 9.70 builds, which using registry instead of ini files.
You can try and share your experience with your version/build here, but for me Opera 9.70 #35443 is the best flash-wise build so far (my personal preference).
This tool work also on your PC, if you start it from Opera's root folder, but this is another story...
REPORTED AS WORKING
- Opera 9.5 builds:
- 1522, 1938, 1957, 2372, 2392, 2745, 2808
- 15233, 15529, 15613, 15746, 15750
- 16070, 16277, 16643, 16702, 16730, 16844, 16983
- 17323, 17518, 17658, 17775, 17963, 17992
- Opera 9.7 builds (w/o Turbo Mode and Widgets):
- 35166, 35267, 35393, 35432, 35443, 35461, 35523, 35541, 35758, 36028
- WWW sites:
- YouTube.com (IEActiveX.dll)
- DailyMotion.com (IEActiveX.dll)
- SpeedTest.net (flash.dll)
- HTC.com (flash.dll)
BIG THANKS TO
- hilaireg (who really amaze me with his testing/findings)
- André N. Klingsheim (for this list of all mobile phone brands released by the WURFL project)
- orb3000 (for All Opera Mobile versions: Official thread)
- animelover (who show me how to register the Flash plugin and also tested 1st beta)
- bnm7bnm, barty22 and indagroove from ppcgeeks forum (they pointed me in the right direction)
A SPECIAL THANKS TO PEOPLE WHO SUPPORTED THIS PROJECT
- homeward (02.OCT.2009)
- njbreaker (23.OCT.2009)
- L. Staal (06.NOV.2009)
- M. Pauck (15.APR.2010)
- M. Mascia (05.DEC.2010)
- quisxx (13.DEC.2010)
- fixed application crash with some Opera versions
- these tweaks are no longer available: Maximum open tabs and Disk cache
BEFORE YOU ASK
- Check "HOW TO FOR DUMMIES" below in post #2.
- Check "FAQs" below in post #2.
- Check upcoming changes in post #3.
- Check the list of supported devices in post #4.
- Use the right feedback form!
If you consider to report something, please do it in this thread by filling form below:
- Device name
- Opera build
- Attach these files, located into Opera's root folder:
- opera.ini (file not exists if you are running Opera 9.70 build#35393+)