I have a question regarding rooting HTC Dream.
For us SG users, we hav to go thru the tedious process of modifying and checking the compatibility of our sdcards before we can root the phone.
These are the steps we hav to go through inorder to flash RC7/29 and the HardSPL for root :
Steps to Install other ROM versions on your HTC Dream (Singtel)
1. Download QMAT http://revskills.de/pages/download.html
It’s a demo version so will only can open for 10 minutes.
2. Format your memory card to fat32. Please keep in mind some card does not work.
3. Search in your android market for ‘Terminal Emulator’
4. type ‘ cat /sys/class/mmc_host/mmc1/mmc1:*/cid ‘ without the quote sign.
5. Note that code down on a notepad or something. Make sure everything is noted correctly.
6) Go to QMAT site http://revskills.de/pages/download.html, download QMAT 4.36
7) Extract the file, double click on qmat.exe
8 ) Click on Cyptoanalysis Tools > Crypto Toolbox
9) Look way below, there is a text box (beside “Reverse String” button. Key in the cid number you’ve got earlier
Click on the “Reverse String” button, the result is reversed…
10) Copy the reversed cid
11) Go to QMAT again http://revskills.de/pages/goldcard.html to generate your goldcard (this is free for G1 phone, Thanks to Viper!)
12) Enter your email. For the CID, enter the reversed cid you’ve got earlier. However you need to replace the first 2 characters to 00.
Example: From “532600bd227d9c0347329407514d5402” to “002600bd227d9c0347329407514d5402”
13) click Continue and you will receive the goldcard.img via your email.
14) Go to your email, download the goldcard.img and save it to a directory first.
15) Now, download HxD Hex Editor for this site
16) Install and launch HxD Hex Editor program
17) Go to Extra tab > Open Disk. Under Physical disk, select Removable Disk (Must be your SD card), uncheck “Open as Readonly), click OK.
18) Go to Extra again, Open Disk Image, open up goldcard.img which you’ve saved to a directory earlier.
Now, you should have two tabs, one is your removable disk, the other is goldcard.img. Press OK when prompted for “Sector Size” 512 (Hard disks/Floppy disks), click OK.
19) Click on goldcard.img tab. Go to Edit tab > Select All, edit tab again > copy.
20) Click on the “removable disk” tab. Select offset 00000000 till offset 00000170, click on Edit tab and then Paste Write.
21) Click on File > Save. You may exit this program
Now, do a test to see if your SD card is “compatible”
Disconnect the USB cable connected to your SD card, then plug it back again. Go to My Computer, you will see your SD card (E.g. “Removable Disk ( F” ), double click and see if you can access it. If it prompted you to format, then forget about this SD card, don’t think it will work. After trying for days, I ended up buying a Kingston 2GB card.
With that, i hav some queries regarding SDcards. My current SDcard is a 2gb sdcard which has went through the whole process of rooting as it is 'compatible' for rooting.
However, i will be purchasing a new 8gb sdcard soon. Hence i was wondering if i will hav to modify the new SDcard too, and if SDcard partitioning will work for all sdcards and also, will i be able to flash new roms even if the new card is 'non compatible'?
any help is much appreciated
thank you ^^