FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][BETA] gVo v0.6.0b - 09/02/09 (Google Voice Dialer) ALL RESOLUTIONS!

935 posts
Thanks Meter: 631

By AssassinsLament, Inactive Recognized Developer on 10th August 2009, 09:40 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
FAQ:
  • Question: Why do the CallBack and SMS buttons seem unresponsive at times?
  • Answer: Make sure you have 7,10, or 11 digits entered, also while gVo Online Features are loading in the background, CallBack and SMS buttons are disabled. They will be enabled upon loading.
    If we don't disable them, then we can't guarantee that the number you selected will be pasted in the correct spot. This is a result of having to wait for google's responses to our actions. Sorry!
  • Question: Is WM6.5 supported?
  • Answer: I don't run wm 6.5, but it really depends on which rom you're using. Custom 6.5 roms that use the newer beta Internet Explorer browser do not work correctly with gVo because of the newer IE dlls.

10th August 2009, 09:40 AM |#2  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Twin Cities

Donate to Me
More
[APP][BETA] gVo v0.6.0b - 09/02/09 (Google Voice Dialer) ALL RESOLUTIONS!
gVo

So ever since the public invites started going out to google voice users, I've been looking for the perfect google voice dialer. Google has yet to release a windows mobile version for what ever reasons, and so I was on a mission to make my google voice life easier. I came across subpro's iDialer, which worked great but still wasn't as easy as I wanted it to be. Plus its integrated as a regular dialer too so it was a bit more complicated then I wanted. There is also OneDialer by m_drunk, but it wasn't exactly what I wanted either. I read about GVdialer but that one isn't free, so I didn't get a chance to try it. Anyways, so I spent two days (and nights) working on my own dialer. Finally, I have a workable application, so I thought I'd share it. Free of course.

*** You must have .NET3.5 installed ***
*** You must have Windows Mobile 6+ ***
*** Touch Screen Phones Only ***
MAY NOT WORK RIGHT WITH THE THE NEWER IE VERSIONS

Anyhow, here's what it is:
  • Current: v0.6.0
  • Select contact and dials their Number (Mobile)
  • Enter in a non-contact number and dials
  • Supports ALL Resolutions (QVGA,VGA,WVGA) new!
  • No Skin Support (since this is meant to be a quick and easy app, no need to worry if it looks good)
  • Landscape support new!
  • Google Online Functions such as SMS/CallBack/Inbox/Voicemail
  • Support for International Calling

ChangeLog:
v0.1 - v0.2
added online feature
changed graphics / layout

v0.2 - v0.2.1
Made change to dialing pauses In the hopes of speeding it up more. Doubt it changed anything though. (so you don't really need to update to this version)

v0.2.1 - v0.3.0
Made online features a bit faster. (but realize that if you have the gVo online features enabled, it will try to connect to google on start up. If you don't want that, then disable it in the config)
Added a red button to select which number to use from your contact. (M = Mobile, H = Home, W = Business/Work)

v0.3.0 - v0.3.1
Changed username length up to 50
passwords are up to 25

v0.3.1 - v0.4
Removed Graphics (so we don't have to worry about skinning and resolutions)
Now supports ALL resolutions!
Now supports Landscape!

v0.4 - v0.4.1
Added dedicated Online/Dial buttons (Online Button only visible with online feature enabled in config)
Google Number can now be 11 digits
Changed config page's layout to be landscape friendly

v0.4.1 - v0.5.0
Changed dedicated "Online" button to dedicated "SMS"
Added "CallBack" Checkbox in config (for those who want a dedicated callback button)
Made the graphics look better (goodbye google colors! Hello Black, Seems everyone likes black)
Disabled SMS and CallBack buttons while online features loading (If we don't disable them, I can't guarentee numbers pasted in the right box)

v0.5.0 - v0.5.1
Changed dialing requirement of 7 or 10 or 11 digits to only 7 digits or more (since international dialing can vary in how many digits total)
*** if you don't dial internationally, you don't need to update to 0.5.1 ***

v0.5.1 - v0.6.0
Added better support for Google international calling
(added checkbox that enables support for international calling, everytime you dial you will get a message box asking if it's an international call or not. I know it's kind of a hassle but it's the only way to really support international calling. If you never make international calls, do not enable international calling and you will never see the message box)
*** INTERNATIONAL CALLING IS NOT FREE, YOU MUST HAVE GOOGLE VOICE CREDIT ***

Voice Features:
  • Dial - gVo dials your google number, enters your pin number (if you have one) then dials the person you want to call (from manual dial or contacts list). Basically, it does what you can do by yourself, but in an automated way. Also, this method allows your google number to show up to the person you're calling.

Online Features:
  • SMS - Logs you into google's site, and pastes in the number you dialed or selected from contacts. You should be tabbed into the text field ready to text!
  • CallBack - Logs you into google's site, and pastes in the number you dialed or selected from contacts, then automatically clicks call. After that, you may have to choose which callback number, but if you only have one callback number, it should only ask you once, then be automatic from then on.
Both Online features will also let you check your voicemail, and do other things to/with your google voice account.
(DONT FORGET, ONLINE FEATURES USE DATA/INTERNET! SO DONT ENABLE IT IF YOU DONT HAVE A DATA PLAN!)

Anyhow visit google's website for more info on Google Voice.

And oh yeah, I do not take any responsibility for any harm this application does to you whether it be mentally, physically, emotionally, financially, etc. Also, I am in no way affiliated with Google, so all logos and whatever belong to them. I did this in my spare time, with the intention to share with everyone else in this great XDA community. **Also realize that I'm not trying to make the ultimate best google voice application with bells and whistles, I just want to make it easy and simple to use.**

Enough of my blabbering and here is the cab, enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_5.jpg
Views:	2381
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	218674   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_6.jpg
Views:	1713
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	218675   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_1.jpg
Views:	1467
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	221107   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2.jpg
Views:	1506
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	221108   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_3.jpg
Views:	1229
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	221109   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_4.jpg
Views:	1149
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	221110  
Attached Files
File Type: cab gVo_v0.6.0.CAB - [Click for QR Code] (199.7 KB, 3187 views)
10th August 2009, 09:40 AM |#3  
Flag Twin Cities

Donate to Me
More
Tips:
  • If you enable gVo Online = Google Voice Callback, SMS, Account Settings, VoiceMail (uses default internet connection)
  • If you disable gVo Online = Google Voice Call (Calling Card Method)
  • For gVo Calling Card method, you can either dial the number or get a number from the contacts list.
  • For gVo Online, you can also dial the number or get a contact's number, then connect to gVo Online which defaults to the SMS feature. If you need the number you selected, its in the system clipboard, so just paste it.
10th August 2009, 12:31 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
nice.. i want to be able to use this with wifi if possible... without using the phone method. keep up the good work bro
12th August 2009, 06:58 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
good going...look forward to added features
13th August 2009, 02:41 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
awesome, the more the merrier hopefully I like your implementation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AssassinsLament

[*]Google Callback

keep in mind that with cdma phones a call will go to voicemail if the phone is connected with (active?) 1x data (EVDO/3g connections will pause for calls)
I'm not sure if it's possible to send the call back request and terminate the connection fast enough, but I'm willing to test if you find a way to try.

edit; further test proved my suspicion that you can be connected with 1x, but no data sessions can be active. there is a registry entry to control this (evdo or 1x)
Code:
 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\Settings]
"SuspendResume"
17th August 2009, 05:50 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Works great on my HTC Touch Pro Please please add the SMS please Please
19th August 2009, 01:13 PM |#8  
Flag Twin Cities

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive

awesome, the more the merrier hopefully I like your implementation.

keep in mind that with cdma phones a call will go to voicemail if the phone is connected with (active?) 1x data (EVDO/3g connections will pause for calls)
I'm not sure if it's possible to send the call back request and terminate the connection fast enough, but I'm willing to test if you find a way to try.

edit; further test proved my suspicion that you can be connected with 1x, but no data sessions can be active. there is a registry entry to control this (evdo or 1x)

Code:
 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\Settings]
"SuspendResume"

Ok, I added an "online" feature, and since I don't have a cdma phone, let me know what/how it does. Like you said, we may have to do a quick data termination to receive the call. Thanks!
19th August 2009, 11:43 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Doesnt work for me.. im running Energy Rom 6.5 on TP and everytime I click connect it just crashes.
19th August 2009, 11:45 PM |#10  
Flag Twin Cities

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet

Doesnt work for me.. im running Energy Rom 6.5 on TP and everytime I click connect it just crashes.

Do you have .NET compact 3.5 installed? What error messages do you get?
20th August 2009, 01:51 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AssassinsLament

Do you have .NET compact 3.5 installed? What error messages do you get?

I think 3.5 was included in the rom... let me check. But when it crashes there is no message... I click connect and the app just closes.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
beta, dialer, google, vga, voice

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)