So ever since the public invites started going out to google voice users, I've been looking for the perfect google voice dialer. Google has yet to release a windows mobile version for what ever reasons, and so I was on a mission to make my google voice life easier. I came across subpro's iDialer
, which worked great but still wasn't as easy as I wanted it to be. Plus its integrated as a regular dialer too so it was a bit more complicated then I wanted. There is also OneDialer
by m_drunk, but it wasn't exactly what I wanted either. I read about GVdialer but that one isn't free, so I didn't get a chance to try it. Anyways, so I spent two days (and nights) working on my own dialer. Finally, I have a workable application, so I thought I'd share it. Free of course.
*** You must have .NET3.5 installed ***
*** You must have Windows Mobile 6+ ***
*** Touch Screen Phones Only ***
MAY NOT WORK RIGHT WITH THE THE NEWER IE VERSIONS
Anyhow, here's what it is:
v0.1 - v0.2
added online feature
changed graphics / layout
v0.2 - v0.2.1
Made change to dialing pauses
- Current: v0.6.0
- Select contact and dials their Number (Mobile)
- Enter in a non-contact number and dials
- Supports ALL Resolutions (QVGA,VGA,WVGA) new!
- No Skin Support (since this is meant to be a quick and easy app, no need to worry if it looks good)
- Landscape support new!
- Google Online Functions such as SMS/CallBack/Inbox/Voicemail
- Support for International Calling
In the hopes of speeding it up more. Doubt it changed anything though. (so you don't really need to update to this version)
v0.2.1 - v0.3.0
Made online features a bit faster.
(but realize that if you have the gVo online features enabled, it will try to connect to google on start up. If you don't want that, then disable it in the config)
Added a red button to select which number to use from your contact.
(M = Mobile, H = Home, W = Business/Work)
v0.3.0 - v0.3.1
Changed username length up to 50
passwords are up to 25
v0.3.1 - v0.4
(so we don't have to worry about skinning and resolutions)
Now supports ALL resolutions!
Now supports Landscape!
v0.4 - v0.4.1
Added dedicated Online/Dial buttons
(Online Button only visible with online feature enabled in config)
Google Number can now be 11 digits
Changed config page's layout to be landscape friendly
v0.4.1 - v0.5.0
Changed dedicated "Online" button to dedicated "SMS"
Added "CallBack" Checkbox in config
(for those who want a dedicated callback button)
Made the graphics look better
(goodbye google colors! Hello Black, Seems everyone likes black)
Disabled SMS and CallBack buttons while online features loading
(If we don't disable them, I can't guarentee numbers pasted in the right box)
v0.5.0 - v0.5.1
Changed dialing requirement of 7 or 10 or 11 digits to only 7 digits or more
(since international dialing can vary in how many digits total)
*** if you don't dial internationally, you don't need to update to 0.5.1 ***
v0.5.1 - v0.6.0
Added better support for Google international calling
(added checkbox that enables support for international calling, everytime you dial you will get a message box asking if it's an international call or not. I know it's kind of a hassle but it's the only way to really support international calling. If you never make international calls, do not enable international calling and you will never see the message box)
*** INTERNATIONAL CALLING IS NOT FREE, YOU MUST HAVE GOOGLE VOICE CREDIT ***
- Dial - gVo dials your google number, enters your pin number (if you have one) then dials the person you want to call (from manual dial or contacts list). Basically, it does what you can do by yourself, but in an automated way. Also, this method allows your google number to show up to the person you're calling.
- SMS - Logs you into google's site, and pastes in the number you dialed or selected from contacts. You should be tabbed into the text field ready to text!
- CallBack - Logs you into google's site, and pastes in the number you dialed or selected from contacts, then automatically clicks call. After that, you may have to choose which callback number, but if you only have one callback number, it should only ask you once, then be automatic from then on.
Both Online features will also let you check your voicemail, and do other things to/with your google voice account.
(DONT FORGET, ONLINE FEATURES USE DATA/INTERNET! SO DONT ENABLE IT IF YOU DONT HAVE A DATA PLAN!
Anyhow visit google's website for more info on Google Voice
And oh yeah, I do not take any responsibility for any harm this application does to you whether it be mentally, physically, emotionally, financially, etc. Also, I am in no way affiliated with Google, so all logos and whatever belong to them. I did this in my spare time, with the intention to share with everyone else in this great XDA community.
**Also realize that I'm not trying to make the ultimate best google voice application with bells and whistles, I just want to make it easy and simple to use.**
Enough of my blabbering and here is the cab, enjoy!