FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

MT3G now rooted, What now?

114 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By ChaoticEko, Senior Member on 13th August 2009, 03:32 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
just wondering, now that the MyTouch 3G is rooted, what ROMS(If any) currently work, or are we going to need to wait for some compatible ones to be made?

Thanks!

I will edit with a current list of what ROMS do and don't work with the MyTouch as word comes in...

Current ROMS reported to work:
fatalitys hero rom
cyanogens
Qtek Hero (Works very very well for me.)

13th August 2009, 03:41 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
This thread could be a good starting point for roms that have been tested on the MT3G. I think I read that one of the Cyanogen roms was installed. I'm interested in getting more HTC software on it (read; HTC Sync).
13th August 2009, 04:05 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
ive tried fatalitys hero rom, and cyanogens, and both work fine on my rooted MT3G
13th August 2009, 04:08 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Indianapolis

Donate to Me
More
sounds like a great idea!
yeah, we MyTouch owners need to know whats next for us! If theres any good starting point for determining what current roms will work, this thread should try to help out with that.....

Now, i have a 32B board, so is it safe to say the magic 32B ROMS are fine for it? or is there enough of a difference to where it wont work?

From what I understand(which is not much, mind you) the only difference between the 32B Magics and the newer MyTouch was the SPL. With that now not an issue, shouldn't the current ROMS work, or am i wrong?
13th August 2009, 04:11 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Indianapolis

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dills84

ive tried fatalitys hero rom, and cyanogens, and both work fine on my rooted MT3G

how well is the hero? slow, or not too bad?
13th August 2009, 04:35 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticEko

yeah, we MyTouch owners need to know whats next for us! If theres any good starting point for determining what current roms will work, this thread should try to help out with that.....

Now, i have a 32B board, so is it safe to say the magic 32B ROMS are fine for it? or is there enough of a difference to where it wont work?

From what I understand(which is not much, mind you) the only difference between the 32B Magics and the newer MyTouch was the SPL. With that now not an issue, shouldn't the current ROMS work, or am i wrong?

Hi,

I just flashed back the original mytouch rom for my brothers mytouch and everything is well with root access.
13th August 2009, 05:10 AM |#7  
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttran001

Hi,

I just flashed back the original mytouch rom for my brothers mytouch and everything is well with root access.

Where is the original myTouch ROM? i've been digging for it so i can root my phone and be able to go back if i goof it up.

Also what do you mean everything is well with root access after flashing the original myTouch ROM?? shouldn't the root go away when you reflash the OEM ROM.
13th August 2009, 05:27 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingblue8z

Where is the original myTouch ROM? i've been digging for it so i can root my phone and be able to go back if i goof it up.

Also what do you mean everything is well with root access after flashing the original myTouch ROM?? shouldn't the root go away when you reflash the OEM ROM.

Here is the original link:

MyTouch Rom Thread

I'm only flashing the update.zip file and so I'm only flashing the OS part.

So the SPL, Radio, and etc stay the same.

Now I'm going to strip it down for him and see if it runs better.

Also, don't forget to wip the system befor flashing the new rom.
13th August 2009, 06:05 AM |#9  
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Cool I downloaded that one earlier. Have a friend making me a gold card to root with. Now where can I get the original SPL? I read that the ION radio is the same as the myTouch, is that right?
13th August 2009, 06:16 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Are you guys flashing back to the 32b radio before you flash 32b roms , or you going straight after getting root to flashing roms ?
13th August 2009, 06:25 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 175

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivestar0234

Are you guys flashing back to the 32b radio before you flash 32b roms , or you going straight after getting root to flashing roms ?

I installed 1 32A rom before flashing the radio and jumping on the 32B bandwagon. All was fine either way.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)