Flag Bend, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dky500

Just happened to come across this and thought it might be relevant here:

"AT&T needs to spend $5 Billion to catch up
by Dave Freeman on January 20, 2010
With all the crap that’s gone on (and still going on) between AT&T and Verizon, it’s safe to say that this is the last thing AT&T wanted to come out. According to a study that just came out, AT&T would have to spend approximately $5 billion US to get their network to the same level as Verizon and Sprint.

This probably doesn’t come as a surprise to anyone who actually owns an AT&T phone, given the almost constant problems with dropped calls, spotty service, and slow data speeds. The study also admits that AT&T has started to upgrade their infrastructure, particularly in the Bay Area, with positive results. This makes sense give the nature of their agreement with Apple."

I went from stock to .88 and now on .17. The .17 seems to be the best but still not very good. The poor reception and dropped connection issues may be more a function of AT&T servide rather than the radio version!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dky500

I happened to be in the Bay Area (near SFO) yesterday and the reception there was far superior to what I get at home (Monterey Peninsula). I agree with your comment about the .17 in your area.

While the huge hulking dinosaurs of ATT & Verizon clash with great noise...the small but nimble mammal that is T-Mobile (USA) quietly evolves.
21st January 2010, 03:24 AM |#872  
Flag Monterey, California
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpiron579

I am lucky. I was told they dropped 9 million in the Phoenix area. I went into the AT&T store and the rep asked me a whole lot of questions about where I have experienced bad reception and dropped calls. I gave her quit a few places and she typed them in and said if I wouldn't mind following up in a month or two to see if i still had these problems.
I get great 3G coverage here in the west valley....Radio:4.49.25.17 seems to work the best

Yes, you are lucky. I asked about this at two different stores and the rep at the first store blamed the phone and suggested I exchange for iPhone. The rep at the second store told me to call tech support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCbrian

While the huge hulking dinosaurs of ATT & Verizon clash with great noise...the small but nimble mammal that is T-Mobile (USA) quietly evolves.

Yup, the Avis of mobile phone providers......"We try harder"
25th January 2010, 01:30 AM |#873  
Flag NY-Chile
Thanks Meter: 276

More
Version: 4.49.25.88 killed my outgoing texts. downgrading
people get my texts a day later. Weird

NRG LEO latest...

25th January 2010, 07:10 AM |#874  
Flag Salt Lake City
Thanks Meter: 189

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlopez83

Version: 4.49.25.88 killed my outgoing texts. downgrading
people get my texts a day later. Weird

NRG LEO latest...

Very weird. I just flashed it to my T-mobile TP2 and I'm getting alot better reception and my texts are fine.

Same rom, 23518.
25th January 2010, 04:37 PM |#875  
new jersy
Thanks Meter: 0

More
is the 4.49.25.88 radio work with at&t
25th January 2010, 07:15 PM |#876  
Automotive Capital
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Anyone in the Midwest on AT&T? I am using 4.48.25.20 and I get decent reception here in the area. Bars seem to be good, but sometimes callers complain about static.

Any suggestions? I know alot of people in the CA region are using the .17 with great results, but I am curious about the Midwest.

Thanks!
25th January 2010, 09:45 PM |#877  
Flag Detroit area, MI
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomixpaintball

Anyone in the Midwest on AT&T? I am using 4.48.25.20 and I get decent reception here in the area. Bars seem to be good, but sometimes callers complain about static.

Any suggestions? I know alot of people in the CA region are using the .17 with great results, but I am curious about the Midwest.

Thanks!

I'm in the Detroit area (95% of my time spent between Plymouth / Livonia / Northville / Dearborn) and the .17 radio made quite a bit of difference. Much stronger signal pretty much everywhere. I used to not get any signal in my kitchen, now I get 1 to 2 H bars. Highly recommended.
26th January 2010, 12:44 PM |#878  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Mccune i live in the netherlands too.
Did you see a big diffrence when you update your radio version?
(I got now the stock radio)
I mean gps signal, 3g etc
26th January 2010, 06:13 PM |#879  
Houston
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Has anyone tried the new 25.88 on the T-Mo TP2?
Let me know, I'm thinking about flashing mine.

Thanks
26th January 2010, 07:24 PM |#880  
Flag Bend, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossle12

Has anyone tried the new 25.88 on the T-Mo TP2?
Let me know, I'm thinking about flashing mine.

Thanks

I tried it and it seemed fine, at least for me in central Oregon, USA. But actually, it didn't seem much different than .57 or .17 ...not enough for me to notice anyway.
26th January 2010, 07:38 PM |#881  
Houston
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCbrian

I tried it and it seemed fine, at least for me in central Oregon, USA. But actually, it didn't seem much different than .57 or .17 ...not enough for me to notice anyway.

Alright, thanks
Going to try it when I get home.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)