NOTE: This is *NOT* a SIM UNLOCKER, nor does it security unlock for
other radios. If you need that, GO HERE
This Hard-SPL unlocker will allow you to install a custom Rom cooked by the many fine chef's here on XDA.
*IF YOU ARE ON SPRINT, VERIZON, TELUS, OR ANOTHER CDMA CARRIER, DO NOT
USE THIS TOOL. THIS TOOL IS FOR GSM ONLY. FOR CDMA GO HERE.
People with a CDMA device trying to run this GSM tool will get a sync
error, because the package is not compatible.*
Please read the FAQ page if you do not understand what a Hard-SPL is
Flashing your First Rom (For Noobs) - Please Click here
*Important:* Each user gets 1 license. You may get 2-3 on request if
needed and if you have replaced your device after a warranty issue. The licenses are valid forever, and all this works as
transparently as possible, so it won't be a problem. Businesses who need
to unlock more devices than that, can purchase it.
talk to cmonex or use http://support.htc-unlocks.com if you want to discuss
You can send a request for 1-2 more devices for private user (free) at
http://support.htc-unlocks.com (ONLY at this link, not in PM).
Make sure your are selecting the correct help request, <----this is important!!!
* This tool is for Rhodium (Touch Pro 2).
* If you have Vista or Windows 7, WMDC update to at least version
6.1 -> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...ce-center.mspx
***First: Beware that your Anti-Virus protection ***may Cause a issue with the downloading process and installation of this Hard-SPL***
If it does , disable it, then proceed with the download and installation of the Hard-SPL, Again This Hard-SPL download is not a Virus...
Next insure you have at least 50% battery left and also disable your screen saver...DO NOT RUN any other programs while this operation is Running.
* Download Hard-SPL tool from the attached file below
* Extract it to an empty folder.
* Connect the device to the PC with a USB cable.*** Do not Disconnect !!!
* Sync the device with WMDC or ActiveSync.
* Make sure the cellular radio is on with a data connection, because
Internet access is required as the program checks online for
updates and the license.
* Run Rhodium-HardSPL_V2_00R3.exe on the PC. It must be launched
from a local drive, not a network location. XP requires
Administrator privileges. Vista/Windows 7 should automatically
prompt you to allow it to run in Administrator mode. Allow it to
do so. If it doesn't, right click and select "Run as
" If you get an anti-virus warning, please ignore
it. It contains no harmful code. This false positive is due to a
packer being used to compress it.
* Follow steps as prompted in the Hard-SPL program.
If this is the first run of Hard-SPL on a device after hard reset, you should
select Automatic flash mode (the first button in Welcome screen).
* It will ask you to wait while it prepares for the flashing; press OK.
* Now it should go through without any error messages, if one does
pop up, then please follow the instructions included in the error
text. If no specific instruction is shown, then ask for help in
the thread, but this should not ever occur as this means a fatal
* At this point the device did hopefully went to a black screen
reporting version as 1.10.C-SSPL only using "info 7" in mtty, this
is the SSPL version, which is temporary. The RUU will then
* SPL will now flash. The device will automatically reboot. Job done.
* To confirm you have installed properly, go into bootloader mode
(Reset the device while holding the volume down button), and
verify the screen shows 0.85.OliNex, which is the Hard-SPL version.
* You should generally go for Automatic flash mode. The Manual flash
option is only to be used as noted below. You must only attempt
the Manual mode option if Automatic flash mode or SSPL-Manual.exe
already put device in black screen. Any other errors triggered
while running in Autoflash mode will need to be fixed as
instructed in the error message.
* If you get an error message for the Hard-SPL program that says it
cannot connect to the device, then use the cab file that the
Hard-SPL program asks you to install on device.
* Once you install the cab on the device, rerun the Hard-SPL
program. DO NOT freak out as your device appears to completely
power off. Leave the USB cable plugged into device and computer
and follow onscreen prompts.
* When the RUU says it will hard reset, don't worry. It isn't going
to do that. Also, when it says the flash will take 10 minutes,
ignore that. It will only take a minute or so.
* This is unsigned Hard-SPL. No limitations on flashing ROMs (except
of course some Radios). Also, this has overwrite protection
against HTC RUU's overwriting Hard-SPL with a stock one. This
means that if someone needs to revert to stock SPL for warranty
reasons, a stock SPL downgrade package is required and is posted
as an attachment below. Use this relocker **ONLY** if you need to
return the phone for warranty, and **ONLY** use it as the last
step after reflashing stock OS and radio. See steps at the end of
this post about how to reflash stock SPL.
* Anyone having USB problems with the device after it entered SSPL
mode, please copy SSPL-Manual-Rhodium.exe from
SSPL-Manual-Rhodiumxxx.zip attachment in this post, copy it to the
device and run it. then once the screen has gone black, run the
Hard-SPL package on the PC and you must select Manual flash
option. **important*:* make sure that the USB cable is plugged in
and device is synced to Windows Mobile even if doing manual method.
* Do not use this RUU for anything other than SPL flashing (i.e.
hardspl or stock spl restore). Nothing other than SPL's made by
Olinex team, using OliNex custom cert, which is not public, will
flash to make SSPL more secure. If you want to flash some other
ROM, then use the shipped RUU or Rhodium customRUU.
* For developers asking: Hard-SPL is not based on MFG SPL, as it can
only be used for development and hacking, contact cmonex in PM if
you need that one.
* Supported OS versions: both 32-bit and 64-bit XP, Vista, Windows 7
and later. Windows 2000 and lower were not tested. Also, the
program may be unstable or not work on Virtual systems, so it's
recommended to try outside Virtual OS software. Also,to verify the
version: if Hard-SPL package says V200R in first Welcome dialog
title and version 2.00 in About box, it is the latest version, not
some crappy beta/old version.
post below! Please take the time to read them, they could help keep you from banging your head on the keyboard and saying "Why is this not working!!!"
First, "OliNex" is a team which means: cmonex + Olipro
Olipro -> Concept of EXE program that runs on the PC, Hard-SPL concept,
server-side license code and maintaining the licenses.
cmonex -> HSPL package on PC, SSPL loader for windows mobile and SSPL
binary. Hard-SPL binary. (SSPL loader: partially based on haret and old
pof & Olipro jumpspl code)
*Donations are always appreciated, the Hard-SPL program will provide you
with a link at the end of the process to make it easier. Any little bit
helps! Thank you and enjoy!*