IF YOU HAVE A CDMA DEVICE THEN GO *HERE* FOR INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO HARDSPL
IF YOU NEED TO HARD RESET OR ENTER BOOTLOADER YOU CAN FIND INSTRUCTIONS *HERE*
Before starting, backup anything you might want to keep after the new Rom has been flashed as all contacts, emails, texts, notes, Internet BookMarks WILL be lost!!
PimBackup is good and free (copy any mms attachments to your storage card or computer seperately)
*ONCE YOU HAVE FLASHED A HARDSPL ITS PERMANENT. YOU DONT NEED TO DO IT AGAIN WHEN FLASHING NEW ROMS OR RADIOS*
*DO NOT start another process while the flashing process is taking place*
*DO NOT click off of the status bar... Let it stay in the foreground*
*DO NOT let the Screensaver activate*
Any of these can lead to a bad flash and possibly brick your phone
*FLASH HARDSPL BEFORE FLASHING ANY CUSTOM ROMS*
1. YOUR DEVICE MUST HAVE AT LEAST 50% BATTERY POWER FIRST BEFORE ATTEMPTING EACH STAGE
2. FLASH HARDSPL
The Original HardSPL Thread is *HERE*
IMPORTANT: Each user gets 1 license, or perhaps 2-3 on request if needed (valid forever and works as transparently as possible, so it won't be a problem at all)
you can send a request for 1-2 more devices for private user (free) at http://support.htc-unlocks.com (ONLY at this link, not in PM).
NOTE1: This package is for Rhodium (Touch Pro 2, not the original Touch Pro) devices. CDMA-GSM worldphone version is not accepted (RHOD400, RHOD500 modelids), that will have its own HardSPL later. This HardSPL supports WM6.5
NOTE2: If you have Vista or Windows 7, update WMDC to v6.1 *HERE* first
Flashing via ActiveSync with USB Lead (thanks to OliNex)
1. Download HardSPL package from *HERE* and extract to an empty folder
2. Synch Phone with PC in Windows Mobile!!! It has to be connected to activesync or WMDC via USB cable and it must not be in Flight/Airplane mode (i.e. radio should be on)
3. NEW: Internet access is required as the program checks online for updates and license
4. Run Rhodium-HardSPL_V2_00R3.exe on PC, make sure it's launched from a local drive (not through network drive, etc.). XP requires Admin logon and Vista/Windows 7 will automatically prompt to allow it to run in Admin mode, allow it. If you get an AntiVirus warning please ignore it, it contains no harmful code (just used a packer to compress it).
5. Follow steps as prompted in the HardSPL program. If this is the first run of HardSPL on a device after Hard Reset, you must select Automatic Flash Mode (first button in Welcome Screen)
NOTE: You should usually go for Automatic Flash Mode. The Manual Flash option is only to be used as noted below and you must only attempt the Manual Mode option if Automatic Flash Mode or SSPL-Manual.exe already put device in black screen. Any other errors triggered while running in Autoflash Mode will have to be fixed as instructed in the error message.
6. It will ask you to wait while it prepares for the flashing, press OK
7. Now it should go through without any error messages, if one does pop up then follow the instructions included in the error text. If no specific instruction is shown then ask for help in the thread, but this should not ever occur (as this means a really fatal error occurred)
8. At this point the phone hopefully went to a black screen (reporting version as 1.01.C-SSPL only using "info 7" in mtty), this is the SSPL version, which is temporary. Then RUU will instantly launch
9. NOTE: When RUU says it will Hard Reset do not worry, it is not going to do that. Also when it says the flash will take 10 minutes ignore that, it will only take a minute or so
10. SPL flashes, device automatically reboots, job done
*Go into BootLoader Mode (do a Soft Reset while holding the "volume down" key on the left side of the device. Keep holding the "volume down" key until you see tricolour screen which is the bootloader mode, then release it) and verify the screen shows 0.85.OliNex, which is the HardSPL version*
NOTE1: This is unsigned HardSPL. No limitations on flashing ROMs (except of course some Radio roms). Also this has overwrite protection against HTC RUU's overwriting HSPL with a stock one. See steps in the Original thread about how to reflash stock SPL.
NOTE2: Anyone having USB problems with the device after it enters SSPL mode, download SSPL-Manual-Rhodium.exe, copy it to the phone and run it. Once the screen has gone black, run the HardSPL package on the PC and select Manual Flash option.
*IMPORTANT* Make sure that the USB cable is plugged in and device is synched to Windows Mobile even if doing manual method.
NOTE3: Do not use this RUU for anything other than SPL flashing (i.e. hardspl or stock spl restore)!!! Nothing other than SPL's made by Olinex team (using OliNex custom cert, which is not public) will flash to make SSPL more secure. If you want to flash another rom then use shipped RUU or Rhodium customRUU if you want to flash cooked ROM.
3. DOWNLOAD AND FLASH YOUR PREFERED ROM
NOTE: Check the Roms Thread for any specific Flashing instructions. If there arent any then you can use the following guide.
Flashing Via ActiveSync
1. Download your prefered Rom from the Rhodium Rom Develpoment Page and unzip/unrar it to your computer
2. REMOVE SIM and microSD CARDS!!
3. Turn phone back on and wait until it syncs with your PC
4. Run the CustomRUU.exe from the Roms Folder (if one isnt included then download it *HERE*)
5. Follow onscreen instructions to set up your New Rom
6. Once phone has gone through the customisation procedure then replace Sim and microSD Cards
7. Turn phone back on and set up as required
Flashing Via MicroSD Card
1. Make sure your microSD is Formatted to fat32 (you dont have to delete all files but it is safer if you do)
2. Download your prefered Rom from the Rhodium Rom Develpoment Page and unzip/unrar it to your PC
3. Goto the Roms Folder and rename the .nbh file to RHODIMG.nbh
4. Copy the RHODIMG.nbh file to the root of your MicroSD Card
5. Plug the MicroSD Card into the phone
6. Enter the BootLoader screen, you will first see a tri-color screen with the phone and SPL Information at the top
7. Follow the On Screen instructions to start the update
8. After flash has completed, press the reset button with the stylus to reset the device.
4. FLASH PREFERED RADIO (OPTIONAL)
For more information about compatible Radios go *HERE*
Flashing Via ActiveSync
1. Sync your phone with the PC
2. Run CustomRUU.exe from the Radio's Folder and follow the instructions (if one isnt included then download it *HERE*)
Flashing via MicroSD Card
Use same method as Flashing a Rom via MicroSD Card
5. JOB DONE. Well Done YOU DID IT!!
I take no responsibility for any fault or damage caused by any procedures within this guide. No warranties of any kind are given.