The sspl/hardspl are confirmed to work fine on the HTC Maple platform (Dash3G, SNAP S520, SNAP S521). Any phone that says MAPL1XX under the battery should work just fine with the sspl and hardspl. This has been tested by oOkBa yesterday night. His cooked roms flash extremely fast and he noticed no problems except for the splash screens. Apparently HTC changed the format slightly. Should be easy to tackle and has nothing to do with the sspl/hardspl.
Now for the bad news ... It will not work on the HTC Cedar platform (GSM/CDMA, HTC Ozone XV6175, Verizon). Running the sspl on an Ozone will definitely brick it. Also the HTC Willow platform (SNAP S511, Sprint) is not supported. Please see this post for more info and how you can help.
There are 2 packages both contain a SSPL, HardSPL, patched ROM updater and the original Maple SPL. The first package is based on SPL 1.17 (tested by oOkBa) and the second is based on SPL 1.19 (tested by Gawain1986)
1. remove SD and SIM cards (don't forget otherwise the sspl is likely not to work!!)
2. connect your device to your pc with a USB cable and wait until it is synced
3. extract the file "Dash3G HardSPL by JockyW.zip" and execute "auto.bat"
4. follow all instructions given on screen: first the sspl is copied to the device and executed. You must confirm running JumpSPL on the device: first time you must click Yes to allow it to run, you also must click the trackball to continue execution of JumpSPL. The device display will turn dark and after that the romupdate tool will install the hardspl on your device. (the identification string in the tri-color bootloader screen is "1.17.hard")
5. if you have difficulties to install 1.17 then try 1.19
6. to test the sspl and the hardspl you can flash the attached splash.nbh
Once the HardSPL is installed on your device you can flash any Maple cooked or original ROM.