FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

TP2 showing phantom notication SMS inbox

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By 3560freak, Guest on 21st August 2009, 09:42 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Just started last night, my TP2 is showing 1 sms notification on TouchFlo3D and on the inbox folder. I have used Clear "Text/Multimedia" a billion times and also checked in another phone to make sure nothing is hiding on the SIM. Does anyone make a suggestion other than doing a master clear/reset phone?

21st August 2009, 10:37 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Funny, I just solved this problem today and unfortunately, I had to do a hard reset (still backed up everything with with Sprie Backup thou.)

Well, you do have another option that didn't seem to work for me but it's worth a try, is to Regedit it. The location is HKEY_Current_User\system\state\Messages\sms\Unread and set the Count=0

When I tried, it would work, but as soon as I was to get another message, it jump back up to "2".

Good luck, Hope it works so you don't have to Hard Reset.
3560freak
21st August 2009, 11:26 PM |#3  

More
I will try, thanks for the tip
22nd August 2009, 12:04 AM |#4  
Flag Miami

More
or this
find a program called fixedthreadcount and you just have to do a soft reset after running it.
22nd August 2009, 01:14 AM |#5  
Flag Burnsville
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3560freak

Just started last night, my TP2 is showing 1 sms notification on TouchFlo3D and on the inbox folder. I have used Clear "Text/Multimedia" a billion times and also checked in another phone to make sure nothing is hiding on the SIM. Does anyone make a suggestion other than doing a master clear/reset phone?

Hello,

I attempted to post earlier but it did not seem to work, so go to this link it should fix your problems:

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/samsu...sms-count.html

Simply download the zip file, copy the exe file to your SD card, run it, and do a soft reset. Hope this helps...
22nd August 2009, 05:59 AM |#6  
Flag Burnsville
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Lightbulb
Ok, so forget the link, simply download the attached file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip fixunreadcount.zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.5 KB, 1028 views)
3560freak
22nd August 2009, 06:54 AM |#7  

More
awesome, thanks a million for the prog. i tried the regedit 1st with no permanent fix, but the prog fixed it.
28th August 2009, 06:43 PM |#8  

More
it worked. 2nd time i had this problem, first time i had to do a hard reset. thanks for the program!
21st October 2009, 08:42 PM |#9  

More
Just had the same issue with my phone wouldnt delete a phantom message and the program worked great, thanks ARHMogul, appreciate it bruh
2nd November 2009, 02:55 AM |#10  

More
Man, I am just having no luck with this - mine is showing "2" unread - I have deleted all msgs - done a reg edit to "0" and I have done the fixunreadcount with a soft reset. What else can I try ??
7th November 2009, 05:32 AM |#11  
Flag Arunachal Pradesh
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Thumbs up
@jurgy1, I just ran the attached exe and a soft reset but the unread bubble was still there. Ran the exe again and it disappeared.

@ARHMogul, thanks a ton! I'd hate doing a hard reset for such a small problem yet I'm sure I would've done just that if not for your help.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)