Manila2D WeatherCities Editor
I've been searching for a tool to edit the weather database (xml) in Manila2D. Because I couldn't find any I decided to code one myself. Now it's finished I want to share it with the community
Note: this program is no longer maintained as I don't have a TytnII anymore...
- Runs on your phone!
- Allows you to add/edit and delete cities from the database
- Allows you to search AccuWeather.com for the corresponing weather code (no more searching for the code in the website-url whatsoever)
- Allows you to clear the database and only add the cities you want
- Works with the latest Manila2D (v2.0 build 19191432)
- .Net compact framework 2.0
- Patched Manila2D to allow alternate cities (eg not2advanced)
- QVGA compatible deviceWindows Mobile 5.x or higher
17-09-2009 Version 1.2.1 released
14-09-2009 Version 1.2 released
11-09-2009 Version 1.1.2 released
07-09-2009 Version 1.1.1 released
06-09-2009 Version 1.1 released
31-08-2009 Version 1.0 released
- Updated splash screen so the user knows what the program is doing
- Added read-only detection of the database file (xml-file), has the ability to remove the read-only attribute by itself.
- Enhanced graphics to match the Manila style, courtesy of S.V.I.
- Detection of languages, so it uses the right XML file according to language settings
- Appens the abbreviation of the state and country to the name, just like the cities that are already in the XML-file
- Keyboard automatically shows when a textbox has gotten the focus
- Some parsing changes
- Appends the state or province to the name instead to the country
- Fixed issue when selecting the keyboard on the search screen, the main screen gets focussed and hiding the search screen;
- List is now alphabetically saved;
- Fixed an exception which could occur when deleting an item.
- Added additional search code to improve searches (still depends on AccuWeather.com's search, but returns more results);
- Changed "Save as New" to "Add to list" to make more sense;
- Fixed the softkeyboard from hiding the input fields.
Awesome, can I donate?
Sure you can, just click here and donate away
Can I post a wish or suggestion?
You can post them in this thread and if I have time I’ll have a look at it.
I’ve found a bug, what do I do now?
Post them in this thread and instructions on how to reproduce that bug.
I’ve added a city but Manila complains it cannot retrieve weather data, what do I do now?
Most likely your Manila isn’t patched to an alternate weather url (see requirements). If it is patched then the code might be wrong or the server has a glitch.
I can't find the city I'm looking for, what to do?
This application only searches and parses the AccuWeather.com site (international search). So it could happen that for instance 'New York' doesn't return the New York in the US. Instead search for 'New York, US'.
Click here to download or click the cab-file attached to this post.